James Bond Connections

edited July 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 321
Not sure where this thread should go so Mods, please move as you see fit.

This thread is influenced by my post showing the newspaper headline "Dr No" a week or so. I thought we could have a one stop thread to show any every day things you may see that kind of have a connection (no matter how loosely) to James Bond, whether it be movies, books etc.

For starter here is something that I came across at work today (and caused me to let out a loud lough that earned me a few strange looks). I work in the planning department of my local city council and in dealing with one application I came across this rather well known-named applicant.........

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/img0035xrh.jpg/

.....which made me chuckle heartily at my desk. After that I let out another giggle as I had to type the details into my work computer...................

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/img0037oj.jpg/ ..........oh, and I also started humming the Bond theme.

I just thought it could be interesting to find out what other people may come across in their daily routines.

My apologies if the text of this post isn't the clearest but I do hope you get the jist of what I'm after.

Cheers

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This is a great idea @007JamesBond and something I've been mulling over for years about whether to have a thread for such a thing. I may haved named it, eh, 'Everyday Bond'...wait that's awful. I've glad you've made a decision as I would have likely never have gotten around to it!

I'll also add any kind of everyday references I hear from the public when I'm out and about or at/doing work. It's interesting to see how they perceive Bond, even more so when as a fan you didn't bring the subject up or are part of the conversation.

I love what you've got so far - that's quite unusual and far beats any of mine! B-)
    Watched a couple of episodes of the Batman tv series last night. An episode where The Minstrel is the villain. Anyway at one point he is asking for sons stockbrokers about the paying him protection to save crashes on the stockmarket. He asks them for £1000 per week off each of the to be paid into (here comes the connection) bank account number 007 of the Broccoli bank.

Sorry that was rather longwinded.
    Well, the two movies I saw this week had some kind of Bondian connection: Judy Dench plays a small but memorable part in Pirates of the Carribeans 4. And there's a Bondian element in X-Men: First Class, with the villain hiding in a submarine (and a plan that would have been perfect for a 60s Bond movie).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    When I saw 'X-Men: First Class', I felt like I was watching a 60's Bond film, especially *POSSIBLE SPOILERS* Fassbender's scene in the German bar.
    Saw a very disgraceful one in Cold Stone Creamery the other day. They had one ice cream flavor called "The Pie Who Loved Me." I just about had a talk with the manager! Hahaha. Just joking. :-))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    TWINE's Goldie appeared on BBCF1 a few weeks ago.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2011 Posts: 4,459
    This episode of ''What Not To Wear'' whas today on the Dutch version of TLC (Sharing a channel with Animal Planet between 18.00-02.00.), i saw spotted the Bond moment in the last minutes when iam waiting on the next program and i hoped i can find it back on youtube and it is very funy. At 40.12 til 40.18.

:-))
  • M_Balje - maybe it's because the screen is so small but I don't see it. What is the "Bond moment" there?
  • Another connection here. My son reads a kids Football (Soccer) magazine and there are some pics of a Manchester City tour or something. Anyway, have a look who pops up for a pic with Mario Balotelli!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/photodq.jpg/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Haha, @007JamesBond, "I'm more famous than you!"
  • Nice little nod (in the tagline) to OHMSS, on the poster for Spy Kids 4D

http://www.moviesonline.ca/2011/07/trailer-spy-kids-4d-features-aromascope/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    M_Balje - maybe it's because the screen is so small but I don't see it. What is the "Bond moment" there?
    The woman who speaks look like Barbara Broccoli.
  • Just found this while searching for something else. Former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti stating he is (or was now he has been sacked) like James Bond.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/5389518/Carlo-Ancelotti-I-am-like-James-Bond.html
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 321
    Ok, not really a connection but my 7 year old daughter has just told me a Bond joke (sure you will have all heard this but it was first time for me).

What do you call James Bond in the bath?

Bubble-O-7!!

Made me laugh.

Maybe we should have a James Bond jokes thread??

• Maybe we should have a James Bond jokes thread??
    :o Great idea! :D
    YOU should start one.

Was watching 'Lucky number Slevin' the other day and they refer to Bond's style and character quite a bit in this film, one woman even says to the main character that he reminds her of James Bond, then they start talking about the films and actors for a few scenes, i found it pretty interesting, as it fits.
  • Just watching my beloved Liverpool playing in the Carling Cup away at Exeter and who just happens to be in the crowd? None other than Bloodstone video game Bond girl Joss Stone.
  • Sat watching an episode of...........please don't laugh, Freddy's Nightmares last night, an episode called "End of the World". Anyway, as you'll probably be aware (I wasn't) this one starred 1-time Bond, George Lazenby as well as General Gogol himself, Walter Gotell.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Why does The Apprentice star and first lady of football Karen Brady remind me so much of Barbara Broccoli?

Every time I see her I think of Babs!

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Maybe because she's a women in a powerful position providing great entertainment for the masses @NicNac? ;-)

I joke but could that be the reason? I do see the resemblance by the way.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It's an interesting thought Sam, but no. Margaret Thatcher never made me think of Babs ;-)

It's a physical resemblence that I always see. Babs is prettier though, natch!
  • Anybody else spot Ludger Pistor (Mr. Mendel) in X-Men: First Class, alongside Fassbender's faux-Bond?