Which Bond actor delivered their first line the best?

13»

Comments

Hmmmm...who would I choose...DUH!

I love Connery's intro for what comes after his first line(you all know what I'm talking about) and the mystery of who Bond is. We only see small shots of Connery's hands, then BANG the best Bond ever right in front of us delivering the best line of the series FIRST(you all still know what I'm talking about). It cannot be beat in space or time. Connery's intro is unique. You won't see Lazenby's, Moore's, Dalton's, Brosnan's, or Craig's intros being played in celebration of film's best lines. But Connery's intro, that spectacular line that started it all will live on forever. And that's why Connery wins top spot for best intro. Not only for his opening line, but the famous line after(you still know what I'm talking about).

Frankly, how could any one choose any of the other guys over this. Pure class from the very first moment. Unrivalled.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Best:Connery/Craig
    Worst:Lazenby/Brosnan
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 11,425
    My heart sank when Brosnan made his appearance with a lame quip, upside down in a Ruskie toilet. I thought things could only improve from then on. Little did I know...

When you think back to the time and consideration that went into moulding Connery's Bond and the perfection of his first scene, and then the slip in standards to GE...

For my money Dalton's appearance at the start TLD is one of the best entrances in the series. But his first line is an amusing, but hardly classic one. Craig's is better.
    Brosnan upside down in a place of shit, saying he forgot to knock, was a very appropriate introduction. Symbolic of his casting and his whole tenure.
    Brosnan upside down in a place of shit, saying he forgot to knock, was a very appropriate introduction. Symbolic of his casting and his whole tenure.

Glad you said it, and not me!
    Getafix wrote:

Glad I said it too! :-bd
    Getafix wrote:

Watch out - @BAIN is gonna be down on you like a ton of bricks!
    Getafix wrote:

It's a terrible scene. Dalton's is nearly as bad but at least he doesn't smell of piss in his scene. ;-)
    Dalton smells Silk Cut.
    Dalton smells Silk Cut.

That's probably why he only gets one woman in the whole film - he reaks of fags. Still, probably better than piss.
    This conversation took an unexpected turn. ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dalton smells Silk Cut.

I think you mean Lark:

:-B
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Dalton smells Silk Cut.

I think you mean Lark:

:-B

Pffft. Dalton's Bond wouldn't touch Amercian brands. I'm thinking something like Chancellor cigarettes.
    In Afghanistan he smoked Camels.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,396

He's here all week! :-)
    Cigarettes that would suit him: Kool, Mild Seven or Navy Cut.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Until he got the hump and decided to beat up a jailor.

Until he got the hump and decided to beat up a jailor.

Better than getting a beat and hump the jailor.
    If that's a joke, it's going to be panned.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,328
    Connery followed by Craig followed by Brosnan.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Delete
    Connery's was the best. Lazenby's was the worst. Regarding Broz all I can say is that line has often raised a smirk from me @Thunderfinger. I've never had any problems with it. It's not the best intro line but I enjoy it. Shoot me.
    Double post.
  • 1. Connery - best
    2. Craig - a strong second, and the meatiest first line of the bunch
    3. Brosnan - I normally don't rate Broz very highly, but this was a good opening line
    4. Lazenby - okay, a little stilted
    5. Dalton - not bad, but perfunctory (as written)
    6. Moore - meh...
  • No brainer, Connery.
    Anybody who says othewise are probably from the current brain dead generation that worship so-called celebrities like..."shudders..." Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and think David Arnold's work is good.....
  • Brosnan upside down in a place of shit, saying he forgot to knock, was a very appropriate introduction. Symbolic of his casting and his whole tenure.

Looking back you may think that way. But back then, he was seen as the one who saved the series....

So back off! =P~
  • 1. Craig
    2. Brosnan
    3. Dalton
    4. Connery
    5. Lazenby
    6. Moore
    How in the hell is this even a thread? I feel like Connery's introduction and first few lines essentially defined 50 years of cinema.

Jesus. It isn't even close people.