You called it! Bond 24 Theme Song Predictions (Choose One)

Comments

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Has anyone nominated The Chicken Dance yet?
    The artist will most probably be on Sony label ,Christina Aguilera,Kings of Leon,
    Lady Gaga, Rihanna .whoever has to be in vogue at the time of the movies general release.
    @renno61 Exactly.

I wouldn't be surprised Gaga takes on the role.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 1,280
    Lorde.

Although Adele has a good voice, Lorde is able to express the frustrated tone of Bond's yearning to make up for his lonerism by enjoying the best foods and stuff which won't give him the internal joy he's searching for.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    If not Adele, though I think that is still really viable, then I think they will look to a Sony artist next.
  • If not Adele, though I think that is still really viable, then I think they will look to a Sony artist next.

Weren't the Killers supposed to be on board after qos?
  • Kerim wrote:
    Has anyone nominated The Chicken Dance yet?

I think someone did think about that after walking out of the theatre back when Roger Moore or Pierce Brosnan was Bond.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    They used to pick Artist's passed their peak, Jack White was an exception because he remains relevant but even Madonna wasn't the smash she'd been when she was chosen. Adele was the first time in a long time they'd picked a global superstar at the top of her game.

So I'd be surprised if they'd go for an established act on the slide this time round, that said I'd love a Depeche Mode theme. Barrel of a Gun always struck me as a great Bond theme that never was.
    Must admit when it comes to contemporary music i am pretty clueless, bring Chris Cornel back. Love You know my name, on my training play list. Something in that vain would suit me for the next film.
    Time for another up tempo, hard driving Bond song. IMO, the best and most evocative
    suggest adventure and action such as FRWL, GF, TB, LALD, TMWTGG, AVTAK, TLD, LTK, and CR. Up tempo or slow, the real test is whether or not you can hum it after hearing it few times. For whatever reasons, nothing during the Brosnan period stays with me, nor QOS.

So while it may be about getting the latest big name in pop music, it should be about getting a memorable Bond song. Of the modern songs, I feel CR succeeds best.

I hope we know soon. It could be one of many, but I will take a stab at sticking to one of my earlier thoughts, which is still a gamble. But I will say that I am guessing that Adele is coming back for a second time. I think if she doesn't it will be her choice not to; I think it will be offered to her.

Not saying that is my preference, just what I am going to bet on. I only wish we could find out this summer for sure, the sooner the better.

Gosh, I am really starved for any actual Bond 24 news.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We won t know that until next summer, I think.
    That bloody long??! :o3
    "In for the Kill" from What Lies Beneath by Tarja Turunen (a good film title too?). Her voice sets her apart from other female pop singers. I can close my eyes and create my own Bond movie!
  • LANAAAA DEELLLL REYYY
    Yes. I agree @shameelshoaeb LANAAAA DEELLLL REYYY
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 267
    I think they should get a band to do it; either Alt J or Arctic Monkeys:

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Lana del Rey? The one that has trouble getting the notes right, as obvious from every other live performance?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Here are my current odds:

Adele 4 to 1
    Sam Smith 6 to 1
    Rihanna 8 to 1
    Coldplay 10 to 1
    Lana del Rey 15 to 1
    Muse 20 to 1
    Goldfrapp 30 to 1
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    TripAces wrote: »
    Here are my current odds:

Adele 4 to 1
    Sam Smith 6 to 1
    Rihanna 8 to 1
    Coldplay 10 to 1
    Lana del Rey 15 to 1
    Muse 20 to 1
    Goldfrapp 30 to 1

Looks like you almost won.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 352
    Glass Animals
    Beyoncé/Rihanna
    Lana del Rey
    Arianna Grande
    Duffy
    Gin Wigmore
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm afraid it's gonna be Ed Sheeran.

There is almost no other possibility because EON definitely want to go for the most successful artist again and that's him for some time to come.

Adele-Sam Smith-Ed Sheeran, it makes perfect sense.

Not that he would be my personal choice, far from it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ed Sheeran doing a Bond song? What a crime against humanity that would be. Shouldn't be too bad on mute, though!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I thought it couldn't get much worse with Sam Smith but Ed Sheeran, like I said they got 2 back to back Oscars with Adele and Smith, the days of established bands and artists are gone.

EON used to choose artists based on suitability but now it's down to who's big whether they are suitable or not, get ready for some future big artists wholly inappropriate to Bond getting the job.

Tabloids and the mass public are now driving this and I bet MGM or Sony insisted on Smith as well due to his profile, so Sheeran doing Bond 25 seems more than a possibility much to my dislike.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    I predict it will be a woman. Beyoncé would be good. I would prefer a modern rock sound like from. Chris Cornell.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I've been lobbying for Hozier to do a Bond theme ever since the Bondian-sounding "Take Me to Church".
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 4,025
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I thought it couldn't get much worse with Sam Smith but Ed Sheeran, like I said they got 2 back to back Oscars with Adele and Smith, the days of established bands and artists are gone.

EON used to choose artists based on suitability but now it's down to who's big whether they are suitable or not, get ready for some future big artists wholly inappropriate to Bond getting the job.

Tabloids and the mass public are now driving this and I bet MGM or Sony insisted on Smith as well due to his profile, so Sheeran doing Bond 25 seems more than a possibility much to my dislike.

Just think how bad that would have been if they had selected on that basis in the past -
    The World Is Not Enough by Westlife,
    Goldeneye by Crazy Frog,
    Die Another Day by Madonna
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited April 2017 Posts: 9,020
    :lol: @vzok
    My prediction-Depeche Mode. Or is it just wishful thinking...

I hope Depeche Mode never do a Bond song!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2017 Posts: 4,444
    Ed Sheeran will do Bond 26. IF there doing a Adele, she was bigger in 2008. There take her because stil have the fame and there see future in her. Long time singer like Tom Jones, Madonna.
    Also was example/mirror element with her weight.

In 2014 i predict Sam Smith, as some kind of joke because he beat Madonna in celling more albums and he get a best talent 2014 price from BBC and he going to be big in 2015. Besides that later on he confirnd that he was gay and that give them a bonus on the mirror element.

It is the 25th movie, where Skyfall was the 50-years movie. Second time for Adele. Whyle i must say she is a bit on hold. Ed Sheeran wil also some kind of backflash like Adele. It is possible he wil do Bond 25. But can't find mirror excuse to get him, besides that he is not big or people must stil have red hair problem.

clean-bandit.jpg

Clean Bandit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_Bandit with David Arnold featuring Adele or...
    There like it to use guast singer or rapper or a Dj. Adele with them be a option. since there first song i think there be option. There like to use classical music elements.

From rtl late night, talk show where Sam Smith have been a guast.

Sharna Bass, be the famale singer in Clean Bandit song Extraordinary. She also did
    cover of Adele. Turn 20 in May 2017. Born London.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharna_Bass

She is young black and her name. With possible property of a lady as title of movie and story on the background in mind. There possible go for a younger woman as solo artist or group or both as in this example.. inspecialy because eon mabey feel there faild a bit with QOS song.The younger get it/get them with there story.