Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Ratner? Oh God. Why not Renny Harlin or Wes Craver while we're at it... [-(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Ratner? Oh God. Why not Renny Harlin or Wes Craver while we're at it... [-(

My thoughts exactly. What type of film is this supposed to be? Lin, who is hot off of the 'Fast & Furious' films and Ratner? You might as well add McG and Michael Bay, as well.
    I agree, @Creasy47! Ratner gets the job done, according to schedule, staying well within the budgetary possibilities, keeping the producers happy. But he does little more than that. Not the slightest personal touch, no heart nor soul.
    @DarthDimi, absolutely. I'm just confused as to why it's going to be a British drama/thriller, yet it's gaining the attention of guys like these.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Just think of the fun Martin Campbell could have with this.
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    edited October 2013 Posts: 523
    Jackman in this ?! I'm all for it ! It needs a truly great director. Campbell may refuse it. Tom Hooper maybe ?
    I don't know Lin neither Ratner...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2013 Posts: 4,440
    Hugh Jackman be intresting, but i think Alfonso Cuarón should direct it.

In specialy if you read this http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hot-script-section-6-creates-647341 that Warner whant to make this movie with the production company of the Harry Potter (1-4 / 6-8) writer David Heyman. What possible have mean David Heyman also be one of the writers. Alfonso Cuarón also have connection with the winner Universal for who he made ''Children of Men''. Other ones besides Warner, Universal and Sony be Fox and Paramount.

@M_Balje, Cuaron could be good. I've yet to see 'Gravity,' but I thought 'Children of Men' was one fantastic film.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Alfonso Cuarón would be a great pick.
    Huge Jackman was to be the 6th 007 but did get considered but being in Mi6 with new character.
    I definitely thought this was a thread about Hugh joining the forums.
    I definitely thought this was a thread about Hugh joining the forums.

If only that were true. :-(
    Yes! Martin Campbell. Why not? He's let me down with those Zorro flicks and with Green Lantern but he amazed the hell out of me with his two Bonds. Maybe he's just bonded to the Flemingverse...
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Yes! Martin Campbell. Why not? He's let me down with those Zorro flicks and with Green Lantern but he amazed the hell out of me with his two Bonds. Maybe he's just bonded to the Flemingverse...

I see what you did there and I like it. He could be good, he hasn't done anything big since Green Lantern. I'm sure he would make a fantastic film.
  • Suddenly I'm glad Mendes is doing the next film.
    Why, @SirHenryLeeChaChing, Michael Bay is not an option for you? ;-)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,440
    Universal Responds To Bond Rip-Off Lawsuit

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/31674/universal-responds-to-bond-rip-off-lawsuit
    Universal Pictures has fired back in the lawsuit filed against by James Bond franchise holders MGM and Danjaq over Universal's project "Section 6".

By Garth Franklin Monday April 14th 2014 02:00PM

Last week, MGM and Danjaq filed a copyright lawsuit against Universal alleging "Section 6," which deals with the formation of the UK external intelligence agency MI6 following the first World War, was a James Bond knockoff.

MGM reportedly wants documents to evaluate whether it needs to seek preliminary injunctive relief to stop Universal from moving forward with the film.

Now, THR Esq says that Universal is fighting the expedited discovery request, saying the film in in question has not been 'green lit' and any decision on that front is many months away with the project still in the earliest stages of development.

The defendant's court papers says: "Universal expressly advised MGM that it is substantially changing that screenplay to remove any material that might arguably be infringing. That process is ongoing and a revised script will not be finished for several months... Naturally, Universal does not want to share its work in progress with its competitor."

Of course a bit strange with the news a couple of months back that Universal wil release Bond 24 in the cinema with MGM and Sony insteed of Fox. But of course Mgm must ask earlier permission to Sony for making CR and Warner asking MGM for The Hobbit. Sony whant make this movie first (see earlier message), mabey together with MGM, but there lost from Universal. So making the movie together and problem be fixed.

In the meantime a directer be confirmd, Joe Cornish the directer of Attack the Block.
    Interesting.project, dubious people attached to it.
    Noooooooo!!!