Last Bond Movie You Watched

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I have to admit 'Ridr to Atlantis' is so funky and weird, I actually like it !
    The Spy Who Loved Me.
    triple x is exotic looking enough to keep a casual fan hooked!
    Calling Luds... Calling Luds...
    calling Orson... come in Orson...

TWINE
  • LudsLuds MIA
    The Spy Who Loved Me.
    triple x is exotic looking enough to keep a casual fan hooked!
    Calling Luds... Calling Luds...
    Fine...

"Oh No! Jaws!"

Might as well admit it, Moonraker is on again as I type this :-??

This is essentially 'The Spy Who Loved Me but in Outer Space', bad guy wants to obliterate the world and repopulate it with his own species etc.

But, still a very entertaining watch, despite of how blatantly absurd it is, I don't think the filmmakers were taking it seriously anyway, thankfully by the time Moore was seen again two years later in FYEO things had returned to some sense of normality

Before I go into cardiac arrest, we have right now the cable car scene over Rio, (watching this) here we go, Goodhead and Moore down the wire, Richard Kiel in hot pursuit, very questionable background, and lo and behold through the wall and Bond and girl get away without a scratch, Kiel finds a love interest and goes on to talk and become a good guy (in outer space) before end of movie. :-??

now If you don't mind..
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I find MR to be hilarious and utterly entertaining... It doesn't get better than MR !! Love that film, it is #2 for me at the moment...
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 11,189
    MR is over-hyped like mad on this site. Don't get me wrong its an ok film with some very good set designs, music etc but, as Barry Norman said, if the filmakers aren't taking things at least a bit seriously why should we?

Drax is good but just a Strongberg mark 2 in my eyes.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    , if the filmakers aren't taking things at least a bit seriously why should we?.
    Nah - I would put it this way : We should rather have fun and enjoy ourselves for 2 hours and laugh with Moore, the other actors and the director/crew, instead of nitpicking every error of the film. MR is just plain outrageous and hilarious fun, and should be taken as it is - simply, mindless entertainement. I always have taken Bond films for entertainement, which is why MR fits the bill perfectly for me. I never look at my watch every 5 minutes wishing the film would end soon, but I am having the time of my life watching MR. I hope one day BAIN123 you will be able to switch off your brain and grab the enjoyement by the horns, and just have total fun for 2 hours.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    edited August 2011 Posts: 642
    I would have to take issue with HRH Cubby when he states that its not "Science fiction but science fact"..kinda set yourself up for a fall. Completely agree with you DC on your last comment. Mindless fun indeed it is. :-)

Edit: I wouldn't suggest you switch your brain Completely off though BAIN123..you will need it to turn off before Disco Bassey starts! lol

Bond films are certainly meant to be fun - there's no doubting that. However, sometimes the fun just becomes too silly. Thats the issue.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,347
    I recently watched GoldenEye. For the first time in months I feel like watching Bond films again, this was my second within just a couple of weeks. Iza is wonderful and it's Brosnan's best, no doubt.

"I like you too, Disco"
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I recently watched GoldenEye. For the first time in months I feel like watching Bond films again, this was my second within just a couple of weeks. Iza is wonderful and it's Brosnan's best, no doubt.
    Of course it's his best. How long have you gone without watching Bond films Disco? Was this because of falling out of love with Bond or just having a break from the films?
    Of course it's his best. How long have you gone without watching Bond films Disco? Was this because of falling out of love with Bond or just having a break from the films?
    Yeah, interest has been low for years. Since CR came out, I've just watched a couple of Bond movies per year. QOS disappointment made it worse.

I still enjoy the movies, I just seldom take time for 007 these days.
    Yeah, interest has been low for years. Since CR came out, I've just watched a couple of Bond movies per year. QOS disappointment made it worse.

I still enjoy the movies, I just seldom take time for 007 these days.
    Same here,i have only just started an interest in Bond again and watched TND the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it,and this was sparked by seeing about 30mins of GE a few weeks back on TV.

People might moan about Pierce but i find myself going back to his films to re-ignite my interest in the past and lately.
    I was a bit disappointed the last time I saw TND (the second part of a Bond double bill, the first film being TB).

Even Pierce himself apparently doesn't think too much of the film.

Don't get me wrong it's got some good bits but falls back on all-out action too often.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 19,339
    Which is exactly how i feel about it normally,but because it has been a while i was in the mood for it and it worked.
    People might moan about Pierce but i find myself going back to his films to re-ignite my interest in the past and lately.
    Same for me. I often start with a Brosnan flick after a long time away from Bond. Far from my favourite Bond movies, but they are easy starters ;)

I agree - Brosnan's outings are easy to go through. Always a pleasure to watch them (not the appalling TWINE though). DAD, TND and GE are great fun.
    I like em all - they are Bond after all.
    It's worth noting that most neutrals and Bond enthusiasts alike point to The World Is Not Enough as the best Brosnan entry, I think so too

very good teaser, along the Thames, hot air balloon etc, Robert Carlyle makes for a worthwhile bad guy, I thought the Electra King character was a bit mundane and didn;t appreciate the turncoat bit two thirds through and as for Denise Richards, probably the most lifeless Bond girl ever, up there with Lois Chiles and Tanya Roberts

but, still a very entertaining picture, it's arguably the best of the Brosnan four set, Tomorrow Never Dies dragged on loads, after a great opening and Crows' title song, once Bond left Hamburg to go to South East Asia the movie was effectively dead in the water.
    I watched the first 30 minutes of OHMSS on Monday, and I intend to watch some more today, homework permitting! So far I'm more pleased than the last time I watched it back in May, but unfortunately I'm at the worst part of the movie, starting with Draco's birthday at the bull fighting arena. I hope I can find it more enjoyable this time around!
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,347
    but unfortunately I'm at the worst part of the movie, starting with Draco's birthday at the bull fighting arena. I hope I can find it more enjoyable this time around!
    It's just slow-paced, not bad ;) The sequence ending with Bond catching up with a crying Tracy is beautiful.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Just finished watching "A View to a Kill" yesterday for the very first time. I heard a lot of bad things about the film so I prepared for the worse, and I found it to be just all right. With that, I can official say I have now seen all the Bond movies. It took me long enough. :!! I will be continuing though with the rest of the series (The Living Daylights and so forth) seeing that I haven't seen those in a while. I'm just glad that I have managed to see all the films just once.
    but unfortunately I'm at the worst part of the movie, starting with Draco's birthday at the bull fighting arena. I hope I can find it more enjoyable this time around!
    It's just slow-paced, not bad ;) The sequence ending with Bond catching up with a crying Tracy is beautiful.
    Watched a few brief minutes yesterday with the time I had left, and got through the scene where Bond breaks into Gumbold's safe. Thankfully, this was a nice break from the previous scenes with Tracy, and showed Bond doing some real spying, instead of having the information just handed to him by M. I really liked this scene, and despite the lackluster surroundings and boring task, it was really suspensful!
    Live and let Die, Moore's first and chalk and cheese to what he appeared in for his swansong 12 years later

Moore, at 45, actually looks the part, I always enjoy the early bit when M turns up at his house in the middle of the night and the coffee scene and hiding girl in the closet

On to New York but not for long, all the way through to the croc farm in Louisiana and speedboat chases through the bayou, JW pepper et al

Yaphet Kottto makes for a much more convincing bad guy as Mr Big before he reveals himself

add Paul McCartney and Wings soundtrack and it makes up for a damn good outing

(can't get this to go through, damn gremlins at work or something)

X(

raises white flag and goes for an early night
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,894
    It's been a while since I watched any Bond film. So last night, out of the blue, I dediced to have a Bond season. What better place to start than with...

Dr. No

Not much to say that I have not allready said in the past. Not unlike Connery at this early stage, it's a little rough around the edges, but otherwise a solid start for the series. I can't believe I had forgotton how good this one is in the eye candy stakes: Honey, Sylvia, Miss Taro and the cute receptionist that eyes Bond up.

2011 Bond Film Ranking:
    1. Dr. No

Next up: From Russia With Love
  • Just finished watching "A View to a Kill" yesterday for the very first time. I heard a lot of bad things about the film so I prepared for the worse, and I found it to be just all right. With that, I can official say I have now seen all the Bond movies. It took me long enough. :!! I will be continuing though with the rest of the series (The Living Daylights and so forth) seeing that I haven't seen those in a while. I'm just glad that I have managed to see all the films just once.
    When I was a kid I could never sit through more than say 20 minutes of a Moore film. Even at 13 they were too silly and immature for me and Moore was so much less manly than Connery that he only ever seemed to be a "pretender to the throne" to me.

Now that I'm older I've slowly - slowly - been seeing the Moore films. I'm more accepting of Moore's version of Bond but he's still dead last for me. I've still yet to watch TMWTGG, MR, and AVTAK. I was so disappointed at LALD that it really killed a lot of the interest I had in checking out the remaining films. Between working, spending time with the girlfriend, going to the gym, misc. chores and hobbies (such as enjoying the beach while it's still summer) and other movies and TV shows I'm watching, the Moore films are a low priority for me. However, I probably will have seen the final 3 by the time winter's over.
    By golly, go watch MR right now !!
    TWINE and DAD.

And I came to realize that I really enjoy Die Another Day these days. It has now climbed up on my Brozzladder. It's the 2nd best Bond he made after Goldeneye. Yes, I know I'm weird.

GE
    DAD
    TND
    TWINE
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    When I was a kid I could never sit through more than say 20 minutes of a Moore film. Even at 13 they were too silly and immature for me and Moore was so much less manly than Connery that he only ever seemed to be a "pretender to the throne" to me.

Now that I'm older I've slowly - slowly - been seeing the Moore films. I'm more accepting of Moore's version of Bond but he's still dead last for me. I've still yet to watch TMWTGG, MR, and AVTAK. I was so disappointed at LALD that it really killed a lot of the interest I had in checking out the remaining films. Between working, spending time with the girlfriend, going to the gym, misc. chores and hobbies (such as enjoying the beach while it's still summer) and other movies and TV shows I'm watching, the Moore films are a low priority for me. However, I probably will have seen the final 3 by the time winter's over.
    Yeah, Moore's films appear silly, immature and sometimes ridiculous, but after having watched them all, I can say that I found them enjoyable. Although I still prefer my films to be like those of Connery, Dalton, and Craig's.

Watched GoldenEye yesterday, still one of my favorite movies since it was one of the first Bond movies I've ever seen. Good action and great villains.