GoldenEye Reloaded Box Art

Comments

if that's George Clooney then I'm Halle Berry.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    if that's George Clooney then I'm Halle Berry.
    Can I have your autograph?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Good one, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7.
    What?! You mean she isn't Halle Berry?! ;-)
    There's one way to find out. How much it'll take to have you take your top off?
    that's not George Clooney and I'm not Halle Berry!
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Yeah but you didn't answer @SharkBait's question. I have my wallet ready if.... Well it's your choice Halle. You were great in X-Men!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,347
    Alright, back on topic guys.

Pretty good cover. I'm not keeping up with all these new Bond games though.. Will it be a graphically upgraded GoldenEye64? You can never get the same gameplay feeling as the original, not on Xbox or PS3 anyway.
    So Daniel Craig is now in more GoldenEye stuff than Pierce was! Interesting.
    Unfortunately you are correct.....it's a real shame...... :-<
    Shame? You mean instant improvement ;) If this could only happen in the flicks as well!
    Sorry i dont want Craig raping my childhood with his horrible overrated Bond...Activision should be all gagged and shot on sight for desicrating the good name of Goldeneye
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 9,767
    Call me crazy 002 but i get the strange feeling you don't like Daniel Craig.

I on the other hand prefer Daniel Craig over Pierce "Look I make the same pain face in every film" Brosnan

so bravo Activision Bra Vo
  • Really looking forward to this - and the cover art really speaks volumes, far better than the copy-paste job of 'Blood Stone' from QoS.

Hope it's as good as we expect!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2011 Posts: 15,690

I on the other hand prefer Daniel Craig over Pierce "Look I make the same pain face in every film" Brosnan

Or maybe he doesn't like Activision to mess around with the legacy of the past Bond films. I find it quite insulting that they've replaced Brosnan by Craig... I grew up watching GE and playing GE007, and now part of my childhood has been raped, and GE's legacy has been destroyed.

I don't see why you bring Daniel Craig up, as it's completly irrelevant - no matter who plays Bond now or in the future, he should never replace a past Bond, it's just insulting and criminal. Replacing a Bond with another one is just wrong, no matter WHO replaces WHO.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 9,767

Or maybe he doesn't like Activision to mess around with the legacy of the past Bond films. I find it quite insulting that they've replaced Brosnan by Craig... I grew up watching GE and playing GE007, and now part of my childhood has been raped, and GE's legacy has been destroyed.

I don't see why you bring Daniel Craig up, as it's completly irrelevant - no matter who plays Bond now or in the future, he should never replace a past Bond, it's just insulting and criminal. Replacing a Bond with another one is just wrong, no matter WHO replaces WHO.

Then perhaps you should not play the orignal Goldeneye which replaces Roger Moore with Pierce Brosnan for one bonus level (though Egyptian has a lot of tendencies with the Moore films)
    edited September 2011 Posts: 28,694

Alright @DC, we ALL get it. Try being considerate and don't use filthy and insulting terms such as rape to get a point across. If you don't like that Craig is replacing Brosnan, don't play the game! Unless you have anything of substance to say, get off your soap box and quit preaching.
    I am still curious what happens when he plays the Aztec and Egyptian levels in the orignal Goldeneye or is it ok?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Alright @DC, we ALL get it. Try being considerate and don't use filthy and insulting terms such as rape to get a point across. If you don't like that Craig is replacing Brosnan, don't play the game! Unless you have anything of substance to say, get off your soap box and quit preaching.
    Would you accept Bond 24 to be a remake of FRWL with Craig as Bond ? I happen to think that replacing a past Bond in a game remake is just as bad as replacing a past Bond in a film remake. Sorry if you don't agree. GE:Wii and GE:Reloaded almost make me give up on the whole franchise.

And how about you play the original GE007 game on the N64, @0Brady ? Didn't you say you've never played it ?
    edited September 2011 Posts: 28,694

Would you accept Bond 24 to be a remake of FRWL with Craig as Bond ? I happen to think that replacing a past Bond in a game remake is just as bad as replacing a past Bond in a film remake. Sorry if you don't agree. GE:Wii and GE:Reloaded almost makes me give up on the whole franchise.

And how about you play the original GE007 game on the N64, @0Brady ? Didn't you say you've never played it ?
    Playing GE007 wouldn't change my opinion. It is just a game, and I happen to like Craig as Bond. It doesn't matter to me who is in GE:Wii or GE:Reloaded. And if the Brosnan-Craig swap irks you enough to want to leave the franchise, I question while you're still here. And you think Moore is the best Bond, so my worries are justified.
    And you think Moore is the best Bond
    You can bugger off if you think loving a certain Bond is not permitted. Sue me for not following your opinion. I must say I question YOUR Bond fandom if you're going to question someone's views on Bond if he likes a Bond you don't.
    And you think Moore is the best Bond
    You can bugger off if you think loving a certain Bond is not permitted. Sue me for not following your opinion.
    You can "bugger off" if a simple Bond swap for a VIDEO GAME is not permitted. Sue ME for following MY opinion.
    Who in the world are you to say that Moore cannot be someone's favorite Bond ? You aren't much of a Bond fan if you disregard people's love for this Bond film or that Bond actor. Why do you come here if you can't accept some people hate Craig and love Moore ? I never had any problem with people hating Moore and loving Brosnan.
    There's always gonna be that shadow lying over him...
    In your opinion, that is. Connery is 2nd for me... Sue me. Go on, call me unworthy of being a Bond fan if I prefer Moore to Connery...
    Dude Dalton you totally ignored my question Aztec and egyptian in goldeneye 2 levels that essentially from Roger Moore films with Pierce Brosnan as the bond you play is that ok or no?
    Dude Dalton you totally ignored my question Aztec and egyptian in goldeneye 2 levels that essentially from Roger Moore films with Pierce Brosnan as the bond you play is that ok or no?
    No, I never liked those levels. Only downpoints in an otherwise stellar game for the N64.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Would you accept Bond 24 to be a remake of FRWL with Craig as Bond ? I happen to think that replacing a past Bond in a game remake is just as bad as replacing a past Bond in a film remake.
    As they're different mediums you're likely the only person who thinks this. Members of the public and even most Bond fans don't even care. The films reach a much wider audience than a video game. Plus, as you know, there is reason for the current Bond games, whatever they may be, starring Craig, whereas EON have made it quite clear they have no intention of remaking any past films. I personally don't care who is in the games but would never want a remake of a past film.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect you for it but just know many will not agree and see your comparison between the games and films as silly and unrelatable. What I'm saying is, stop using this as your first line of defence as it comes across as a non-argument.

Again, I respect your opinion and love the fact we're all different and have different views. It does keep things interesting.
    Well, Samuel, I just don't like seeing a past Bond removed from his film, be it in a game or a film remake. I just feel it's totally wrong. I grew up watching Brosnan in GE, so I don't buy for one second that it's now Craig in GE. Yes it is a game and not a film, but still, I don't like it. I find it insulting, atleast for me, to see another actor take the place of another... I grew up playing GE64, and I just totally hate this new game remake... I find it abysmal. I thought I'd never see the day that a Bond would replace another Bond... Yes it is only in a game, but it doesn't feel right, IMO.
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Well, Samuel, I just don't like seeing a past Bond removed from his film, be it in a game or a film remake.
    Well the silver lining is at least it was an updated version of GoldenEye and not the original game. This new version is very much GoldenEye in name only. For Activsion this must be dream, anything with that name on it will sell like hot cakes.

I personally would have prefered a straight port of the original N64 verison will updated HD graphics.
    Well, Samuel, I just don't like seeing a past Bond removed from his film, be it in a game or a film remake.
    Well the silver lining is at least it was an updated version of GoldenEye and not the original game. This is new version is very much GoldenEye is name only. For Activsion this must be dream, anything with that name on it will sell like hot cakes.
    My problem is it wasn't even advertized as Bond game, but as the new 'Goldeneye'. I'd like to see more original games. I would much rather a Rockstar Bond game than more nonsense like GEReloaded, the underwhelming QoS and Bloodstone. It's just that it seems the Bond video game franchise is on it's last leg... so close to the end it has to rely on the GE name to exist.
    Well the silver lining is at least it was an updated version of GoldenEye and not the original game. This is new version is very much GoldenEye is name only. For Activsion this must be dream, anything with that name on it will sell like hot cakes.
    My problem is it wasn't even advertized as Bond game, but as the new 'Goldeneye'. I'd like to see more original games. I would much rather a Rockstar Bond game than more nonsense like GEReloaded, the underwhelming QoS and Bloodstone. It's just that it seems the Bond video game franchise is on it's last leg... so close to the end it has to rely on the GE name to exist.
    GoldenEye was a great cash-in for Actvision and a sure fire winner that's lasted them not one but two years.

We do need stronger games and yes, maybe it's best days are long gone, Activision doing only Bond film tie-ins may be a better move and allow for a better quality of game, having one every other year.

It is an interesting discussion, where do the Bond games go from here? Apart from the likely Bond 23 next year they could do anything. I hope not butchering - or giving added scenes - to another film is on the cards. From Russia With Love did that well very - and it even used Connery!

So what happens in 2013? What do other people think?
    FRWL was horrible. It played like an all-out action shooter, which is radically different, dare I say totally contradictory to the original film. FRWL:VG was like QOS on steroids, which isn't a small feat. The original film was butchered - it was like FRWL was a Statham actioner !