GoldenEye Reloaded Box Art

13»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FRWL was horrible. It played like an all-out action shooter, which is radically different, dare I say totally contradictory to the original film. FRWL:VG was like QOS on steroids, which isn't a small feat. The original film was butchered - it was like FRWL was a Statham actioner !
    Absolutely right @DC!

GoldenEye was a great cash-in for Actvision and a sure fire winner that's lasted them not one but two years.

We do need stronger games and yes, maybe it's best days are long gone, Activision doing only Bond film tie-ins may be a better move and allow for a better quality of game, having one every other year.

It is an interesting discussion, where do the Bond games go from here? Apart from the likely Bond 23 next year they could do anything. I hope not butchering - or giving added scenes - to another film is on the cards. From Russia With Love did that well very - and it even used Connery!

So what happens in 2013? What do other people think?
    @Samuel, I think the problem isn't with the games themselves, they are only a minor issue at most. I blame the developers who actually build the games. The reason there hasn't been a legitimate Bond title is simple. The developer is the main reason for the slack in what could have been a good title. They make the game ground up, the mechanics and all. So we have Activision manning our Bond games. This is were the problem lies. Activision is a running cop out and commits a year to bring gamers the EXACT same game every year *cough* Call Of Duty *cough* Like it or not it is true and I refuse to buy into COD. All I need is Uncharted 2, GTA IV, Batman AA, and Red Dead Redemption(amongst many, many others) to keep me satisfied. As for the future for the game Bond, I'm unsure. I hope Activision quits developing and sells the gaming rights or something. If not we'll get a bunch of simplistic 1st and 3rd person shooters who are only that and only thrilling and memorable when you are playing. I want a Bond game that I can't wait to pick up and replay again. An experience that sticks with me. Is that too much to ask? Please, more thoughts.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Happy to hear that this is going to be on the 360. I played the Wii game and it was okay, still one of the better games on the Wii. When this finally gets to the 360 and PS3 it's going to be much better!
  • uh, I really hate "Call of Duty" very very very much. Press "K" to kick arse, press "X" to jump, press "Z" to watch a climactic cutscene with addition of you yourself must press any button the system orders to make the cutscene go on (boss fights).
  • I have decided that while all my friends buy 'CoD: MW3', 'Battlefield 3' (Which i will get eventually!), and 'GoW 3' i will buy this. Ever since i first played it on the Wii, i have always thought that it belongs on the 360 (Not for being "cod-ised"), but for actually been an outstanding game.
  • So what exactly makes this game worth paying full price for? It's just a remake of a remake of a game that was a classic 14 years ago :/
    So what exactly makes this game worth paying full price for? It's just a remake of a remake of a game that was a classic 14 years ago :/
    I don't own a Wii and never owned an N64. And i trust Eurocom and their games. TWINE, Nightfire, QOS(ps2) are all great games so i'm looking forward to this and will be paying full price
    Has anybody seen this yet?

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/gegame2010/reloaded_double_o_edition.php3?s=games&id=02950

Hugo Drax comes with his own weapon - a barcode scanner!

It's supposed to be a laser gun, but it looks nothing like a) the laser guns used in MOONRAKER, and b) laser guns in general.
    FRWL was horrible. It played like an all-out action shooter, which is radically different, dare I say totally contradictory to the original film. FRWL:VG was like QOS on steroids, which isn't a small feat. The original film was butchered - it was like FRWL was a Statham actioner !
    You do realise that video games are an entirely different medium to books and films, right? What was the game supposed to do, have the player wonder around for hours, doing nothing but wondering around?
  • Games also come in a huge variety of forms and genres, there's no reason a Bond game has to be a shoot 'em up.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 1,894
    Well, it has to be something, doesn't it? You can't just have someone wondering around a game environment doing nothing. You'll only isolate the player.

So if a Bond game shouldn't be a shooter, what should it be? What could it be? A platformer, like Super Mario Brothers? A simulator, like The Sims? A racing game like Gran Turismo? Or a music game, like Guitar Hero?

More to the point, what genre could an adaptation of a film - like From Russia With Love - be whilst still being true to the source material? The only genres I'm seeing that could be remotely possible are a first/third-person shooter, a role-playing game, or some kind of real-time strategy game (though some kind of RTS-RPG-FPS game would be cool if you could pull it off). But all of these would involve weapons in some way. The only other alternative would be to venture into Heavy Rain (which was little more than a series of quick-time events) and LA Noire territory, which only give the player limited interactivity. It's not as restrictive as a point-and-click adventure like Monkey Island, but it's not as immersive as an adventure/action-adventure game like Uncharted.
    Here is some "official" looking gameplay. I feel somewhat better about this game after watching it. Looks like its been polished up

Spygasm!

I can see me liking this game very much.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This game still hasn't proven to me to be worth my 60 bucks.