In which film were they at their best? [CONCLUSION]

Comments

• DAF
    For your eyes only the cat had the sense to get away from bond unfortuunatly blofield didn't
    You Only Live Twice, because it had a bigger role and more screentime.
    you forgot one. in which film was MGW at his best? you forgot one.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    FRWL! Did you see him chow on that fish! Sadly I think he outshined Connery a bit there....
    DAF
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    you forgot one. in which film was MGW at his best? you forgot one.
    I didn't forget one. Did MGW play the same character each time? I didn't forget one.

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    I was going to go with DAF, but I really think the wrong pussy outshined him (or her). So I will go with FRWL for the very convincing stunt of eating that goldfish.
    @DarthDimi sorry but I thought that was going to be the final mystery round. could've been fun. oh well.
    I was going to go with DAF, but I really think the wrong pussy outshined him (or her). So I will go with FRWL for the very convincing stunt of eating that goldfish.
    A very good incentive, Kerim. I will follow that choice. ;;) FRWL it is for me. :)
    YOLT for the cat's crazy freak out in Blofeld's arms.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It's got to be YOLT.
    Was just about to post the same clip as @nalliac. Later when Blowers shoots Osato the cat jumps out of his arms and buggers off.
    Kudos to Donald Pleasance for continuing with the scene even though the cat is mauling him to escape.
    Probably DAF
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur

Ditto. I vote for YOLT for the exact same reason.

wondering where this was heading for a moment. Best Blofeld Cat moment ? :O

after some careful, if brief, consideration I went with You Only Live Twice, the scene when the mog leaps out of Pleasance's arms or six feet in the air when shooting Osato instead of Bond always raises a snigger, poor cat.

not too many other feline Blofeld Cat moments of recognition, if I can be excused.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    edited August 2011 Posts: 858
    I'll go with YOLT as well, purely for the fact that it buggered off into the ceiling of the crater. Hiding right under( wel above actually, but you get my point ) their noses, thát's pure Villain behaviour.
    In which was the last Bond Movie did cat/cats play a (pivotal) part in a Bond scene, License to Kill would be my guess (I don't go noticing cats generally in 007 pictures, except when they are part of a scene etc)

• edited August 2011 Posts: 1,778

Thankyou Nalliac. I was just about to vote for FRWL as the cat displayed purrfect (pun intended) style. Blofeld seemed to really enjoy stroking that pussy and it did eat a fish. Plus I figured FRWL was a good way to end the thread for me.

Until I saw that video. It's something I've never noticed before. That cat looks like he or she is having a seizure. A oscar worthy performance IMHO. I've never seen such fear conveyed by any actor. My hat is off to you Blofeld's Puss.

My vote goes to You Only Live Twice.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    ^ " A oscar worthy performance IMHO"
    :-))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Listen, whatever film garners the win, lets not forget...
    For Your Eyes Only
  • ^ " A oscar worthy performance IMHO"
    I guess Puss realized since Connery was sleep-walking through the film that it was gonna have to pick it's game up. The mark of a true pro.

And @Darthdimi Kudos to you sir for one of the best threads on the site. I'll be sad to see it end.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    YOLT for me.
    Blofeld's Cat from YOLT suddenly fought back when it looked as if DAF was surely going to win, and it did so very vigorously I might add. The little You Tube film posted here leaves little to the imagination. ;;)

Bernard Lee as M: OHMSS
    Walter Gotell as General Anatol Alexis Gogol: OP
    Desmond Llewelyn as Q: LTK
    Geoffrey Keen as Sir Frederick Gray: MR
    Dame Judy Dench as M: CR
    Victor Tourjansky as 'man with bottle': MR
    Lois Maxwell as Miss Moneypenny: OHMSS
    Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny: GE
    Sean Connery as James Bond: TB
    Richard Kiel as Jaws: TSWLM
    David Hedison as Felix Leiter: LTK
    Robert Brown as M: LTK
    Roger Moore as James Bond: TSWLM
    Eunice Gayson as Sylvia Trench: DN
    Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter: QOS
    Robbie Coltrane as Valentin Dmitrovich Zukovsky: GE
    Clifton James as J.W. Pepper: LALD
    Joe Don Baker as Jack Wade: GE
    Jeremy Bulloch as Smithers: FYEO
    Pierce Brosnan as James Bond: DAD
    Eva Reuber-Staier as Rublevitch: TSWLM
    Giancarlo Giannini as René Mathis: QOS
    Michael Kitchen as Bill Tanner: GE
    Timothy Dalton as James Bond: LTK
    Colin Salmon as Charles Robinson: TND
    Jesper Christensen as Mr White: CR
    John Cleese as R/Q: DAD
    Caroline Bliss as Miss Moneypenny: TLD
    Daniel Craig as James Bond: CR
    Puss as Blofeld's Cat: YOLT

Well, people, it was fun, wasn't it? ;;) We can now discuss the list, perhaps notice how GE holds the most recurring characters in our voters' favourite performances. Either way, the voting is over now, but I'll be back for more. In the meantime, I would like to say:

Thank you all!

• Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    I tip my hat to you DD. A truly great thread of healthy, amusing debate. Topped off with a cat having a seizure! Only here on Mi6 have I witnessed such random hilarity! Brilliant stuff.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Indeed, an increadable amusing thread with a worthy finale. Well done DeeDee!
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate the comments. :)
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 102
    congrats to all involved! very satisfying for all involved.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Thanks for the fun @DarthDimi. In a few years time we'll be able to revote on some of them and though the result may be the same, it'll be something to do.

For you Sir for helping us pass the time until November!

it's not really over is it cause in a year from now we could have a few more added to the list who knows who is coming back in bond 23....