Your most anticipated Video Games!

edited December 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 170
I thought I would make this thread for people to say what games their most looking forward to. Pretty self-explanatory. I'll start this off...

1) Watch Dogs
2) Dragon Age Inquistion
3) Metal Gear Solid 5
4) Infamous Second Son
5) Destiny

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Now that I have the two games I wanted, Batman: Arkham Origins and The Last of Us, I'm not really anticipating anything at the moment other than Uncharted 4 and the future fourth Batman Arkham game. Watch Dogs looks interesting but it won't be a first day purchase for me.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 170
    Now that I have the two games I wanted, Batman: Arkham Origins and The Last of Us, I'm not really anticipating anything at the moment other than Uncharted 4 and the future fourth Batman Arkham game. Watch Dogs looks interesting but it won't be a first day purchase for me.
    It seems like I'm the only person who hasn't played The Last of Us yet. Maybe I should check it out. But back to the topic, I agree Uncharted 4 will be a must-buy for me, although another Arkham Game seems a while off.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I
    It seems like I'm the only person who hasn't played The Last of Us yet. Maybe I should check it out. But back to the topic, I agree Uncharted 4 will be a must-buy for me, although another Arkham Game seems a while off.

That's why I asked for TLoU: I heard a great word of mouth on it, primarily about it's great story, so I had to check it out. I'll post my thoughts once I get around to playing it, as Batman is priority right now.

Uncharted 4 is the only reason I can see to buy a PS4, and hopefully by the time the game releases the price will be way done for the console as I won't be able to resist another game in the series.

As for the future of the Arkham games, apparently a big announcement is going to be made during the 31st of December, which could be the reveal of a new game. Fingers crossed it isn't just a dlc announcement concerning Batman: Arkham Origins.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Honestly, I'm not anticipating anything right now. Just trying to enjoy some 360 games I haven't played in a while/games I missed on until the summer hits and I pick up a next-gen console, if the lineup of games then is interesting enough.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 3,236
    For Christmas, I got X-COM: Enemy Within and Spec Ops: The Line. Some games I have to play include Dragonborn (Skyrim expansion pack) and Grand Theft Auto V, in addition to the ones I got today, of course.
  • For Christmas, I got X-COM: Enemy Within and Spec Ops: The Line. Some games I have to play include Dragonborn (Skyrim expansion pack) and Grand Theft Auto V, in addition to the ones I got today, of course.
    Nice! GTA 5 is one of the best games I've played, well worth the price. I still need to pick up Skyrim though.

• Creasy47 wrote:
    Honestly, I'm not anticipating anything right now. Just trying to enjoy some 360 games I haven't played in a while/games I missed on until the summer hits and I pick up a next-gen console, if the lineup of games then is interesting enough.
    Agreed. Neither line-up is too impressive. I think Infamous Second Son will persuade me though.

• For Christmas, I got X-COM: Enemy Within and Spec Ops: The Line. Some games I have to play include Dragonborn (Skyrim expansion pack) and Grand Theft Auto V, in addition to the ones I got today, of course.
    Nice! GTA 5 is one of the best games I've played, well worth the price. I still need to pick up Skyrim though.

Skyrim is excellent. The open world is very well-done, and I greatly enjoyed all the quests. My sometimes has trouble loading, though, which is why it's taken me so long to get through it. I've also been playing less Xbox lately, since I've been watching Breaking Bad (just got season 5B today too, and I can't wait to start).
  • I

That's why I asked for TLoU: I heard a great word of mouth on it, primarily about it's great story, so I had to check it out. I'll post my thoughts once I get around to playing it, as Batman is priority right now.

Uncharted 4 is the only reason I can see to buy a PS4, and hopefully by the time the game releases the price will be way done for the console as I won't be able to resist another game in the series.

As for the future of the Arkham games, apparently a big announcement is going to be made during the 31st of December, which could be the reveal of a new game. Fingers crossed it isn't just a dlc announcement concerning Batman: Arkham Origins.
    I was skeptical about Origins, what with the new studio making the games and just I wasn't keen on a prequel. Oh, and I haven't heard about the new announcement, hopefully (if it's a game) It will be a sequel to City!

Skyrim is excellent. The open world is very well-done, and I greatly enjoyed all the quests. My sometimes has trouble loading, though, which is why it's taken me so long to get through it. I've also been playing less Xbox lately, since I've been watching Breaking Bad (just got season 5B today too, and I can't wait to start).
    Skyrim, as I've heard has hours of play, how much does the dlc have? I've only just gotten into Breaking bad (big Walking Dead fan).

Skyrim, as I've heard has hours of play, how much does the dlc have? I've only just gotten into Breaking bad (big Walking Dead fan).

There are three DLC packs, and two of them have extensive stories. I don't know how long they are, but they're both pretty long, and one comes with a whole new map area and set of sidequests.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Metal Gear Solid V
    The Walking Dead: Season Two
    Any Possible James Bond Video Game, Depending On The Console It's Released On, And My Possible Interest Based On Videos and Screenshots
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    The next Assassin's Creed game and the rest of The Walking Dead season 2. I'll probably get FIFA 15 too.

@RogerMoore007 I bought Origins in November but I haven't finished it. Found it a bit dull to be honest and there's other stuff I'd rather play. Skyrim is a cracking game, had lots of fun with that. I bought it well over a year ago and there's still tons of stuff left for me to do, it's massive.
  • Watch Dogs
    New Sleeping Dogs game
    Fingers crossed, a new James Bond game
    Assassin's creed (Black flag just made me feel sea sick)
    Tom Clancy's The Division
    Kingdom Hearts

;)
  • The next Assassin's Creed game and the rest of The Walking Dead season 2. I'll probably get FIFA 15 too.

@RogerMoore007 I bought Origins in November but I haven't finished it. Found it a bit dull to be honest and there's other stuff I'd rather play. Skyrim is a cracking game, had lots of fun with that. I bought it well over a year ago and there's still tons of stuff left for me to do, it's massive.
    Nice, I haven't tried origins yet, but yes, I've heard lots of good things about Skyrim. Happy Gaming!

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Wait, has unchartered 4 actually been confirmed?

Anyway, MGS V!
  • I could have sworn Ground Zeroes had a release date of December 30th the last time I checked. I looked again today and now it's March 18! :(
    doubleoego wrote:
    Wait, has unchartered 4 actually been confirmed?

Yes. NaughtyDog released a great teaser trailer for it:

• I could have sworn Ground Zeroes had a release date of December 30th the last time I checked. I looked again today and now it's March 18! :(
    Most likely just a placeholder date, not official :(

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I could have sworn Ground Zeroes had a release date of December 30th the last time I checked. I looked again today and now it's March 18! :(

March 18, US (and Japan, I think), March 20/21 (not sure which) PAL.

I heard Ground Zeroes is actually a prologue To MGS 5 and will cost $30, and MGs 5 will be released later

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's not a game, but I'm anticipating getting a PS4 whenever the summer starts and diving into some next-gen games. I'm very happy that I passed on the hype and waited for both consoles to release before making a decision. Even then, I might not get one in the summer if it isn't enticing enough.
    I could have sworn Ground Zeroes had a release date of December 30th the last time I checked. I looked again today and now it's March 18! :(

I heard Ground Zeroes is actually a prologue To MGS 5 and will cost $30, and MGs 5 will be released later

Well, it's the prologue to The Phantom Pain. Both games together create Metal Gear Solid V, hence why both share the title. Now, whether or not The Phantom Pain will cost $60 (it probably will) or not, considering that the complete package isn't there (I'm certain there'll probably be a special edition release that has both, coming out alongside The Phantom Pain or later), I don't know.
  • Well, it's the prologue to The Phantom Pain. Both games together create Metal Gear Solid V, hence why both share the title. Now, whether or not The Phantom Pain will cost $60 (it probably will) or not, considering that the complete package isn't there (I'm certain there'll probably be a special edition release that has both, coming out alongside The Phantom Pain or later), I don't know.
    See I want to tell myself that I'll have the patience to wait until they both come out together, but I know I'd just be lying to myself, lol

I'm buying Ground Zeroes day one, because I know I can't wait.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 170
    I don't know, the wait between Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain will be dreadful. I might hold out on buying it.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 401
    I don't know, the wait between Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain will be dreadful. I might hold out on buying it.
    What I'm going to do is wait until I can get an Xbox One to play it.
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    What I'm going to do is wait until I can get an Xbox One to play it.

But, it's on current gen as well, with the only current next-gen exclusives being framerate and a little shadowing.