The UK Riots...

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The footage I see on the Beebs is just unbelievable. We've had the same here in 2005... Weeks of youth violence. If I remember correctly, several thousands cars were burnt every night for a couple of weeks. All because 2 kids were killed while being chased by the police.
  • Don't forget the student uprising a few months ago. Questions need to be asked of whether this govt has a handle on public safety and order.

They can't even protect their own money in London.

Shoot on sight for looters.
    Aah it's ok....once this has calmed down and the dust has settled,all those in custody will get a good 'kick in' by the authorities.
    Bloody punks.

I'm sorry but the level it reached I really want those punks to pay. The damage done ... I mean seriously - I was watching it on the news and couldn't believe this hoodlums being all like 'the police have too much power, we're making a statement' bs they are are spewing.

Grow up.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2011 Posts: 15,690
    16,000 policemen in London tonight... Will it be enough ? I was up all night yesterday watching the news... It seemed buildings were burning, and no policemen or firemen there to do anything about it...

I just re-watched some footage of the France uprising of 2005... The youth didn't burn down houses, so yes the London riots are indeed even worst than that... Unbelievable.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 2,782
    It's a challenge against the authority from these 'I want everything now' people. They make me sick. I'm all for freedom of expression and fighting the power but these guys are just looting looting looting.

The govt needs to lay down the law and put this in order now. 2012 is not too far away. So terrorist threat and now this. I do not want to be in London next summer.

An iron fist is needed now and this needs to be snuffed out with extreme prejudice put the fear of god into them, make them understand that this will not be tolerated.

I'm afraid these riots could last for a good while longer, forgotmyusername...
  • Reports are coming out of London they've found a family burnt alive....I need to confirm what i heard on the radio but if it's true then I swear Camerooooooon, Tea boy and that idiot Mayor have a lot to answer for.
    And the punks who burnt them more so.

At the end of the day you can't just blame the government. These idiots decided to react violently to the conflict - they weren't forced.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I fully agree. Will try to track that story.
    On the BBC front page is says a man was shot in a car during riots in Croydon.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited August 2011 Posts: 7,976
    Nope, none have as yet been burned alive, just a lot of people fearing something like that, which could have, obviously.

oh how brave they are:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065
    Confirmed death of a man in Croydon (shot).
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    "We will fight them on the beaches. We will never surrender...untill the little ******* are our own people."

Never have I been more ashamed to be English than seeing these riots in London.
    Poor shame.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 7,976
    @benny at least you emmigrated in time, eh?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    During two of my annual London visits, I stayed in a hotel in Croydon (the name escapes me). When we arrived there, a man had just been stabbed and killed.
    Well, here's a lovely insight in the mindset of those who burn houses and shops:
    http://audioboo.fm/boos/434411-leana-hosea-speaks-to-croydon-looters-on-bbcworldservice
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Message to all the rioters .......... . u wanna be big men and fight to the death , well get your sorry little arses on the next plane to Afghanistan n and stand alongside real men , they're called soldiers and they are fighting a war (so losers like you can have your freedom) unlike you bunch of pathetic wastes of space .......
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 251
    Hopefully, they will soon grow tired of looting from their own back yard, and then just start shooting each other and do us all a favour.
    They have done nothing to contribute to society. I am tired of my tax money being spent on dead end community projects for assholes.
    Why don`t the police use water canons like they did on us Irish back in the day? They are scared to do anything, and scared of having the label racist put upon them. Saying that, some of the police are very racist, but they need to start kicking ass now.
    The behaviour of scumbags is dominating the news and making us Brits ashamed. There are rays of light however. This initiative is brilliant;
    http://46.183.9.169/Riot_Clean_Up.php
    Bring in Craig with the over sized water pistol!
    Like some one else said, give Harry Brown a call. Awesome film.....
    Also, these good people are keeping the British end up...
    http://www.facebook.com/RiotWombles
    Also, these good people are keeping the British end up...
    http://www.facebook.com/RiotWombles
    It's really nice to see people coming together like that. It's a testament to the true spirit of the people, to help each other out. Not everyone believes that violence is the proper response.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Things may start to calm down now. We can only hope, maybe the worst is over.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So the jails are being overcrowed with the rioters? Simple sollution, go in and execute them. I doubt they'll be a great loss to society, anyway.
  • This has been the most horrific thing i have seen on tv since my grandad showed me and my brother a tape of the 9/11 attack, this is absolutely ridiculous, people are suffering over pretty much nothing! Me, my mother, and my brother were going to go visit London next week as we usually do in the holidays away from school, but thanks to idiots, we can't, or even Birmingham or anywhere else. I hope the riots don't start down here in the North-East of England.
    So the jails are being overcrowed with the rioters? Simple sollution, go in and execute them. I doubt they'll be a great loss to society, anyway.
    Perhaps a TAD extreme
    Never mind London's Calling. What about the Clash's very prescient "London's Burning"

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Perhaps a TAD extreme
    No more extreme than the riots.