An older Bond?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2013 Posts: 251
    The_Reaper wrote:
    Shoreline wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Shoreline wrote:
    I've always loved this idea for a basis of a Bond movie, not that I think it will ever happen.

I loved the John Pearson book "James Bond the Authorised Biography".

A weary 62 year old Bond would really reinvent things.
    To an extent, Thunderball sort of touched on it, and the idea has so much potential. Sky fall touched on it too I suppose, but really, you need an older actor.....Dalton, Brosnan anyone??!!

How do you mean with Thunderball? Do you mean the fitness farm?

Yes, the idea of Bond being burnt out, with the toll of his job catching up on him.

I'd really live to see a Bond that is 60 plus, burnt, a little lonely, living somewhere in the Med, enjoying his daily scuba diving, and good wine, just escaping his nightmares..... with an old adversary catching up on him, and him relying on MI 6 instead of them relying on him for once.

Except, Bond is Bond, and takes care of business just as he always does ...!
    I would LOVE this film!

Fantastic idea! Let's write it.
    Glad you think so!!!
    I really feel Dalton or Brosnan could have pulled this off, alas, it will never be....

I always imagined that this would be the sort of lifestyle that someone like Bond, or anyone in that deep within British defence would have.
    A bit lonely, unable to completely adjust to normal life, everyday, escaping boredom by scuba diving (like any sensible man!)

• edited September 2013 Posts: 157
    Sean Connery in the The Rock ,John Mason retired sas very James Bond
    I've always felt that Roger Moore's '80s Bond films had a little bit of this "aging Bond" to them. It probably wasn't intentional, but it was inevitable.

It's a nice idea to contemplate, and I too would love to see D-Craig complete the character arc in this manner. I doubt the producers would ever choose to go in this direction, however, and I don't blame them.

And as for Bond's Last Adventure, that can be safely shelved for a couple of decades, until the time is nearly at hand for another reboot (I'd like to see at least 3 Bonds in the current continuity).