Share your talents with us!

Comments

SaintMark wrote:
    Share your talents with us!

We'd better hope that we do not have former candidate forMayor of New York Anthony Wiener on this site it might be asking for trouble. :D

Hence the word former.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Skydiving I think is actually pretty relaxing.

BASE jumping, the easiest thing I can think of to compare it to is a big rollercoaster where you're going up a really steep bit of track very slowly, leading to a massive drop.

When you're nearly at the top, you realise how high up you are and it can be pretty terrifying. Then you go over the edge. It's still scary but the rush you're getting means you're enjoying it.

Ah, see, now that's where you get it wrong. Normal humans don't call that 'enjoyment', they call it 'sheer panic'. I'm utterly impressed @thelivingroyale. At least now whe know what your username stands for. Personally my fear of hights would refrain me from getting to the edge in the first place. I wouldn't be able to walk up there. Let alone jump off..
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    I'm with you, CommanderRoss... I tend to get very close to the ground the higher I go. I'd be belly crawling if ever planted at such a height. 42.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @retrokitty, thank you very much for your wonderful feedback, and I am glad you enjoy my artwork. I will be doing plenty more pieces with work-in-progress versions of each showing my process, so be sure to keep an eye out for that on my deviantart page! Thanks again. :)

@DiscoVolante, thank you for the kind words also, and well done on your covers. I am not a big GnR fan, but I love Sweet Child O' Mine and your cover of it. You can always tell who the real musicians are by how you can literally see the music coursing through their veins and making their body move to the chords. Remember to always leave some time to do the things you love, and keep on playing, mate, because you have the stuff. :)
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Well, I act. I audition for teen roles in West End Musicals and once got a part as a backing dancer in Matilda The Musical.
  • My favorite pastime is drawing- here are a couple examples:

dalton_zpsb28c117a.jpg

bats_zpsc4bfb4d5.jpg

And a couple years ago I made that Timothy Dalton figure and it sort of got me into figure painting. I've only done two, but I like them very much. I have them on my desk. I was at FYE recently and saw a Rambo figure and thought, 'that looks good, but some paint would really improve the hell out of it. In the movie he was DIRTY', so I tackled that project and I'm happy with it. Not long after that I saw an Arnold figure from 'Predator'- which was awesome- but I've always loved 'Commando' more

dalton_zps2f101cd9.jpg

rambo-repaint-7_zpsfa927bdb.jpg

2_zps4546f2dc.jpg

Finally, I am also into acting- I was lucky enough to get the role of Danny in 'Grease' a couple years ago, and a number of other shows- and they used to film 'The Wire' very close by so I got to be on that three times!
    Nothing terribly recent, unless you count playing Batman at Six Flags last year, lol
    I need to get back into that.....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Amazing stuff, @Master_Dahark! You are quite a jack of all trades! Are there any clips that you have found where you feature in The Wire? It would be cool to see them if there is. And playing Batman? Well, enough said there! Sounds quite brilliant indeed.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Wow, @Master_Dahark, that is just great material you present there! I love that Batman, by the way. Cool!
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Are there any clips that you have found where you feature in The Wire?

This picture is the best I've got; I think it's from season 2-- believe it or not I've never even seen the show! Need to get on that

13747_570927095741_7874131_n.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    My favorite pastime is drawing-
    bats_zpsc4bfb4d5.jpg4/baldahark/rambo-repaint-7_zpsfa927bdb.jpg[/img]

Just amazing. Really. =D>
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I draw, Here are some drawings based on King Konggforum_cgi.jpg

165756_10150362808920626_850860625_16470633_2930748_n.jpg

gforum_cgi_001.jpg
    Simply gorgeous compositions, @talos7! =D>
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    Master_Dahark and talos7, those are amazing drawings. Just blows me away what you guys are producing. Keep it up!
    @Master_Dahak-I envy you, The Wire is my favourite TV series, bare none.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @talos, masterful things there. I wonder what you could do with some Lovecraftian images. From the look of things, you'd do pretty well.
  • Great pictures. So many people on this site are brilliant at drawing.

@Master_Dahark Dalton, Rambo, Commando, Batman and The Wire (which you've been in!). You have very good taste.
    Thanks for all th kind words. @DarkDimi, I might just have a go at Lovecraft drawing.
  • Hi folks. Being a lifelong Bond fan (more the original books than the movies, tbh) I was amazed when my cousin sent me a manuscript of a book she'd written. I work in book publishing, and so I get loads of people submitting work hoping I can help them get published. This is the first time I have pricked up my ears and said 'yes'. Marcus Tyler is a very Bond-like character, and "Dangerous to Know" a modern, Bond-like story. And a romance, of course. I won't try and tell you to go buy it, that would be a bit presumptuous, but it is available for Kindle download, newly published this summer. If you did download it you'd make a young lady and her old man relative very happy! In the UK it is only £1.94, and in the USA and elsewhere, the local equivalent. Hope this isn't too salesy, but we are both huge Bond fans, and it was written with Bond fans in mind, so maybe you would enjoy. You'd find it at: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Danger…..Elaine+Dex - See more at: http://www.007.info/forum/general/marcus-tyler-for-when-theres-no-new-bond-for-a-while/#p188
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    So many fabulous artists and musicians on this forum. It's funny how sometimes, in the midst of all our Bond banter and bickering, we forget that we're in the company of real people!

Anyway, I'm a huge production head, so I'd consider my career to be my talent then too, as I spend every waking moment looking for the next job. I spend a lot of time directing and writing, and these days it's mainly music videos that seem to pay. Here's my first ever music video that I worked on:

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Thought I better try and bring something to the pot, I'm not what you'd call a talented person and these sketches are about the limit of my artistic abilities (I can't compete the quality art already posted on this discussion), but they have a Bond angle so I thought I might as well post them.

[img][/img]DSCF27001_zps96742913.jpg

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    @saunders, I quite like the one of Vesper. Very accurate! Good job.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    @saunders, I quite like the one of Vesper. Very accurate! Good job.

Thanks @CraigMooreOHMSS, it's just a shame the one of Daniel makes him look like a gorilla!

Any artists here ever draw portraits of Bond characters according to their descriptions in the source material?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm amazed by the talent of the people here! I used to play the piano, I studied it for 10 years and then I stopped. I haven't played for years and although I'm sure I haven't forgotten how to do it the lack of training must have taken its toll.
    I have a talent for writing and I enjoy doing it but I haven't written fiction for many, many years. I use my talent in my work, it comes in hand when writing proposals and papers. I once won an international writing prize in science, believe it or not, with an epic poem.
    There is something else that I'm fairly good at: origami. I've been doing it for years and I love it. I enjoy both the easy and the complex designs. Here is a dragon I folded a while back.
    2005_584733601537839_586705066_n.jpg
    Yes, that is SF in the back.
    @saunders, those are very good! I can tell which character each drawing is of, and the resemblances are strong.

Very cool, @Sandy, since the dragon is a big thematic device in Skyfall. :)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    talos7 wrote:
    I draw
    That's putting it rather mildly.
    :O
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Here's something completely different! I've dabbled in music composition. :)

Main Theme

Fight Theme

Escape Theme
  • You people are really talented!

I just take pictures, mostly. I dabble in cosplay and writing, but that's about it. Here's my portfolio!

http://krissymyers.com/
    @Esprit That's really nice work. You have a great eye. I love the R2-D2 Phone ;)
  • Cleaning out my closet today and found my old drawings- some from the above post, but I scanned them all in at better quality

1462934_10100274534946941_1589206342_n.jpg

945781_10100274535046741_1886427804_n.jpg

1476611_10100274535001831_2044506150_n.jpg

1466236_10100274535016801_1557013608_n.jpg

1455905_10100274535211411_1540031140_n.jpg

894848_10100274534976881_1450071550_o.jpg

This is my attempt at being 'artsy'. Digitally colored just the dress :)

1475843_10100274534936961_1076535438_n.jpg

941848_10100274535181471_1110694610_n.jpg

1463691_10100274535266301_936699354_n.jpg

1467463_10100274535286261_1476919781_n.jpg