Are the menus to the Ultimate Editions oudated now?

chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
edited September 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 17,691
I mean, naked girls strutting around?
Who wants to see that kind of thing any more?
;-)

Comments

Great for their time (2006) I was really shocked when they made the Blu-Ray releases.

Daniel Kleinman should design the next lot of Blu-Rays/DVD menus.
  • Are the menus for the Blu-rays the same as the DVD Ultimate Editions? I don't mind the ultimate menus but they lack any difference between each film apart from the backing music. I have the older Special Edition DVDs which have separate menus for each movie, specifically themed for each movie.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Are the menus for the Blu-rays the same as the DVD Ultimate Editions? I don't mind the ultimate menus but they lack any difference between each film apart from the backing music. I have the older Special Edition DVDs which have separate menus for each movie, specifically themed for each movie.

Yeah exactly the same.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited September 2013 Posts: 17,691
    The Special Editions had cool menus. And not all the naked girls walking around.
    (Actually, I like the girls.... :)) )
    chrisisall wrote:
    The Special Editions had cool menus. And not all the naked girls walking around.
    (Actually, I like the girls.... :)) )

I liked the SE Menus better too. Each one was unique. Where as the ultimates are all the same.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Murdock wrote:
    I liked the SE Menus better too. Each one was unique. Where as the ultimates are all the same.
    I also appreciated the SE menus being unique. I don't mind the UE menus but was extremely let down that it was used again for the blu ray set. I know most people probably don't care but it's something that I geek out over and was left very disappointed.
    pachazo wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    I also appreciated the SE menus being unique. I don't mind the UE menus but was extremely let down that it was used again for the blu ray set. I know most people probably don't care but it's something that I geek out over and was left very disappointed.
    Also I loved that female British voice announcing every DVD. "Welcome to "Insert Title Here" Special Edition DVD, please activate your navigation system now."
    So soothing!
    Christ, even Bond fans are becoming politically correct wankers now? Or is this a joke thread? :-w
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I've always found the UE menus generic and dull, I was really disappointed they didn't do something new for the Blu-ray set considering most people who forked out the £100 already had the previous UE's, they were so lazy that QOS still has the trailers at the beginning from it's original DVD release!
    As for the naked girls, well I like having naked girls, though I think they need to be holding a PPK rather than the P99 considering the franchise has returned to the original firearm, and as a reward for us repurchasing them in Blu-ray couldn't the girls forms have a little more Blu-ray definition?