You Know My Name or Another Way To Die?

Comments

Is that a surprise? Lol! YKMN is far superior in every way I can think of.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Absolutely not, haha. do_me_nicely seems to go against the grain a lot and pick the ones many other users don't. I agree, YKMN beats AWTD any day.
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    edited August 2011 Posts: 106
    YWKM = better hair-guitar , BUT..
    AWTD has so much better for the drumming :(|)
    My Dad agreed .\m/ Saxaphone ?
    You can't really compare the drumming between YKMN and AWTD, because one of the big instruments in AWTD is the drums, along with the guitar and piano. I thought YKMN was more heavily focused on the guitar.
  • @SirHenry, Cornell is, in fact, a drummer, but he didn't do the drums on YKMN.
    Well, he may be able to play the drums but that's not obviously what he is known for.

Not a fan of Jack White anything to be truthful, nor Alicia Keys for that matter.

Consider the source of who voted for AWTD.

I think he was in the 80's. I skimmed a biography of him, and apparently in the late 80's, he was a drummer in a band? Correct me if I'm wrong. Still, definitely not what he is known for, so it's hard to compare the drums on YKMN to AWTD.

And yes, that source is quite unique with his/her opinions.
    Drumming is for fun , guiatr is for pricks:-bd
    Well that isn't true in the slightest.
    Well that isn't true in the slightest.
    Me I am a drummer , I use to Prick and Slide on Guitar . (not any more)
    Ahh, I see what you did there. Clever!
    Thank you Mr creasy ! do you play an instrument ? (*)
    I will play for Bond songs for free ,
    Sadly not. I'm just not musically inclined in the slightest. I would love to pick up a guitar or harmonica or something and know what I'm doing, but I don't. Hey, maybe someday.
    ^ Agreeing with @Creasy47 here i'm not musically inclined but i know whats carp and whats not
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    You Know My Name. Disapointed it is not on the soundtrack and it be one of the reasens why it is together with CR67 the only soundtrack i don't have.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    YKMN is the better song for me.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    No contest. You know my name is clearly the far superior song.
    It's not even a contest really. Is there anyone who likes Another way to die?
    Come on, reveal yourself.

v
    v
    v
    *Set faces to stun*
    @Benny, do_me_nicely prefers AWTD. Shocking!
    Positvely Shocking B-)
    I will vote for that now !
    There , I voted , job done .(Bitch is Dead)
    YKMN easily ...
    Okay, so we have 33,482 votes for YKMN, and 1 vote for AWTD.

Close game here, ladies and gentlemen. Very close.
    I only see 9 , there is a hidden poll from me ?.
    Once again...sarcasm, for so many people prefer YKMN.
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 1,856
    He-he-he well done @Creasy keep it under raps

I mean :-D
    I kept YKMN on repeat for months after I first heard it. I loved the song, it got me into Chris Cornell's other work. I like the instrumental version of AWTD, but overall didn't really like the song anywhere near as much as YKMN.
    Haha, thank you, @Virage.
    Ok, honestly YKMN edges out AWTD but mainly on production and performance...and that's only because the vocal performance on AWTD is so terribly bad. I'd take Jack White ANYDAY over Chris Cornell. I just don't care for Cornell personally: 90's alternatwang I find boring; there's no soul behind the emoting.

David Arnold adds a lot to YKMN, and had it been just say, a Soundgarden song alone, it would have been pitiful. Get a better singer on AWTD and I would be hard pressed to rank YKMN above it.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Yes @Creasy, one vote for AWTD. From @do_me_nicely . Apparently it's hard to listen to, but in a good way. I can't make any sense of that. I hope you can...
    @0Brady, wish I could, but I can't. It's like saying "These tiger bite wounds are extremely painful...but in a comfortable, relaxing way."
    I saw Quantum Of Solace for only the second time not so long ago and I had to turn off audio for the title sequence, it is simply unbearable I find now, or was that way back in 2008 when I first saw it, it is merely an abomination of a title track, an unmitigated disaster, Keys absolutely sucks as a musical 'artist' and the last time I managed to get through it, I don't remember White featured much at all. The Lyrics make little sense some feel - 'Another ringer with the slick trigger finger for Her Majesty,
    Another one with the golden tongue poisoning your fantasy,
    Another bill from a killer, turned a thriller to a tragedy'
    WTF ?

Horrible, awful mash of wailing and a poor attempt at music that was doomed from day one and absurd lyrics that add up to less than nothing, I'd go as far to say that I hate it, I think I may never hear it again if I have my way, it is awful

And then we have Cornell's You Know my name...

what a difference. Good sounds, clear lyrics, lead singer from Soundgarden, (what more could you ask for) and a really good theme intro, that is worlds apart from the god awful crap that it is sandwiched between

You Know My Name wins, it not only wins, it blasts it's rival into the depths of the galaxy and places of the universe that time forgot.. Common sense has spoken
    You know my name ,with extra olives.