You Know My Name or Another Way To Die?

AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
edited August 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,630
Which of the Craig-Bond songs do you perfer? Mine is YKMN because of the lyrics. What do you think?

Comments

• do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    edited August 2011 Posts: 106
    Jack White a better drummer then Christopher cornell \m/
    Another way to die wins again , for me and in a movie
    It is hard for listening (but in good way)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I prefer YKMN. Great lyrics and great guitar. But I must say, I love how both YKMN and AWTD end and start right back into the movie, with the soldier running through the rain, and the horse race starting up, respectively.
    YKMN. Better lyrics and better singer.
  • You Know My Name by a long shot!

AWTD... is quite awful!
  • edited August 2011 Posts: 3,494
    Jack White a better drummer then Christopher cornell \m/
    :-)) Chris Cornell is NOT a drummer.

YKMN ^:)^

AWTD :0&
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    However, Meg White is a drummer.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    You Know My Name. A good anthem to the (then) new Bond and the new direction the series was going in at the time.
  • You Know My Name. Best Bond opening song since the Roger Moore era. I much prefer the version used in the film over the harder rock version available everywhere else. Does anyone know where I can get the version used in the film?
    @SirHenry, Cornell is, in fact, a drummer, but he didn't do the drums on YKMN.
    YOU KNOW MY NAME

By 9999999999999999999999999999999 Km.

In Fact the best ever in my opinion
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    So the question rises, is YKMN better than a cat getting strangled? Yes, it is! Even Minnie Driver's singing was better in Goldeneye...
    So the question rises, is YKMN better than a cat getting strangled? Yes, it is! Even Minnie Driver's singing was better in Goldeneye...
    Thats Funny as AWTD dose sound like a cat getting the rack then strangled...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Both in terms of lyrics, music and vocals is YKMN superior over AWTD.

I added a poll, folks!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Darth, you should've made that ' which noise do you prefer'. As only one of those qualifies as a song.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    YKMN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AWTD
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Darth, you should've made that ' which noise do you prefer'. As only one of those qualifies as a song.
    I hear you. ;;) IMO, the last really good theme song was GE back in '95.

Indeed, allthough I sometimes do enjoy TMD and TWINE. When DAD came out, I thought that would be the worst for ever to come. Allthough YKMN isn't a song I enjoy that much, it still is a song. As is DAD. AWTD isn't. It just isn't. I love QoS, but I always skip the titles. If they played that all day around me I'd turn into a terrorist. It's just torture.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    YNMK is a decent song. AWTD is absolute garbage. It could have been worse, like DAD, but not much.
    edited August 2011 Posts: 40,492
    Who thinks 'Stand By Your Man' by Minnie Driver should be the new theme song? I'm sure Irina would love to return! :-))
    YKMN.

Still very fond of it, still detest AWTD.
  • YKMN - great track!
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    You Know My Name of course.
  • YKMN was awful but AWTD was an absolute disgrace.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    When CR came out there were lots of reviews along the lines of 'great move except for the song'. This surprised me as I loved the song and still do. I even had it as a ringtone on my phone for a bit.

I hate the other travesty of a song.
    YKMN--I normally don't care for Soundgarden or Chris Cornell. But this song works surprisingly well for the movie. I actually give the credit to David Arnold here. I think any hard rock singer could have probably pulled this off.

Does anyone know why they chose Cornell for CR? It seemed like a really odd choice at the time to me. He's after all a 90's grunge singer, so I don't understand why they chose him of all people to sing the lead for the 2006 series reboot. Jack White was at least relevant in popular culture at the time of QOS.
    @JBFan626, I was reading up on YKMN last night, and apparently they were going for a darker, deeper voice to go with the feel of the film.
  • You Know My Name
    - I remember actually repeatadly listening to this song back in 2010 quite a lot...
    Right when it was released, I would listen to it on my way to school every day, for a sense of feeling cool.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I of course choose You Know My Name.
    I think we only have one win for AWTD so far.