The Youtube Thread

Comments

June 28th , 1973 : Bruce was back......with a vengeance !

Followed Big Boss which had premiered the previous April.

It takes yrs to find these ads and brochures , back cover of brochure reads "August 1973" , prolly printed mere days before Lee's death :(
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Excellent document on Pan American World Airways, narrated by GF's Honor Blackman-

References to Sean Connery and Bond at 14:37 and 15:41

I wish it was still around.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden

Me trying the PPK. I wasn't as shaky as this with the other guns, but this was special ;)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited July 2013 Posts: 2,539
    Today 23rd was Robert Brown´s birthday... Do you know he was in Ben-Hur and Ivanhoe or The Saint...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGVECDpLm_w
    [img][/img]
    How do I share a YouTube video on here? I only know how to upload to Facebook.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    How do I share a YouTube video on here? I only know how to upload to Facebook.

Just post the URL, the web address, of the video and it will appear in your post.
    OK thanks
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,396
    see below
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    That's not the full URL for some reason:

Quote my post to see how the link should look. :)
    This is one of my fav bloopers from "It'll Be Alright On The Night". As a fellow Bristolian, I want to assure you, we're not all this thick :))

Ah, I know where I went wrong. Thanks @samuel001
    Bruce Willis. Media savvy as always X_X

Would this have made a good Bond theme?

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Please avoid posting several times in a row in the same thread, @WillyGalore, it's called SPAM. You already have 116 posts in two days time.

If you want to add something when no one else has, you can always edit your orginal post.

Thanks.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Out of curiosity I've just been watching this:

I know I've moaned about Dalton being "stagey" in the past but here I LOVE it - especially at 2.50 when he enunciates his dialogue :D

"Now you know she is the illegitimate offspring of a French opera girl you will perhaps think differently of your post and your protege"
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Calvin Dyson has uploaded the first part of a "crossover" review of Moonraker :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FI9jrYA09xo

*Though his "acting" at 0.22 is highly suspect.
    Anyone for a sing-a-long with the Brentmeister? ;-)

The best of the 1960s Bond spinoffs is back on youtube:

very rare footage :D
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 1,817
    Indeed it is, Miss Tracy. Thank you!
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 169

Thanks for sharing. I've seen this film a couple of times but not in maybe 20 years! Wasn't Richard Johnson once considered as a replacement for Sean Connery? Nigel Green makes a good villain. Too bad he never faced James Bond although he was also in the first Harry Palmer and last Matt Helm.

Only seen 3 for sale last 14 yrs....one used off set on Enter , I'm a lucky sob to own such a major collectible !

Gonna do a double bill today : Enter and Horror Express......HE is not flawless picture wise , has few very minor white specks but it's not gonna look any better than now :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2013 Posts: 13,894
    Dr_Yes wrote:
    Thanks for sharing. I've seen this film a couple of times but not in maybe 20 years! Wasn't Richard Johnson once considered as a replacement for Sean Connery? Nigel Green makes a good villain. Too bad he never faced James Bond although he was also in the first Harry Palmer and last Matt Helm.

Richard Johnson was offered Bond before Conney, for Dr No. But he was already under a 3 film contract (the first of which was the Frank Sinatra film, Never So Few*) to MGM, and so he didn't want to sign to another contract (Bond). Shame really, as both Bulldog Drummond films (especially Deadlier Than The Male) show that Johnson could have made a first rate Bond.

* I would need to listen to it again, but on the audio commentary for The Haunting, Johnson does mention what the other two films were.
    edited August 2013 Posts: 3,262
    Dr_Yes wrote:

Nigel Green and Elke Sommer reteamed in similar roles for the Matt Helm film "The Wrecking Crew" but it wasn't nearly as good as DTTM. Maybe that's why Green wasn't available to reprise his role as Peterson in SGD? I do like the way Green pronounces schedule as "sheed-yul" in TWC.

Meanwhile, I discovered this cult film on youtube. Quentin Taratino's favorite Bond imitation:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

The trailer:

Got a ton of stuff sgd , more to come :D
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    How's this for a fan made title sequence...

How's this for a fan made title sequence...

Fantastic. I'll wager that's better than the official BBC one!
    Good luck topping that BBC. Maybe a few too many 3D elements but very well done. I'm hoping the BBC deliver with theirs next year.