Who looked better at age 50? Moore vs. Shatner

2»

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Damn... It's a tough call. I'm going to have to go with Moore. He just seemed to have Moore youth in him than Shatner did.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    He just seemed to have Moore youth in him than Shatner did.
    You should be ashamed for that. :)) JK
    I say Shatner, only because of his hair, just seems so youthful.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    jolearon wrote:
    I say Shatner, only because of his hair, just seems so youthful.
    Should point out that Moore had his own hair of course, while Shatner's was a wig wasn't it?
    Want to change your vote, @jolearon? ;)

Perhaps Shatner's hair belonged to someone youthful?
    A wig? No I had no clue of that, sounds a bit like cheating.. Hmm..

So really I don't know if he looks younger because of the wig or just in general, but the hair did stand out and push it over the top for me, so yeah I'll change that to Moore, ha. Nice catch.
    Moore.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Moore was very good looking indeed, and still looked younger than his years, in TSWLM. No complaints from this female Bond fan.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    jolearon wrote:
    A wig? No I had no clue of that, sounds a bit like cheating.. Hmm..

Shatner was wearing a wig back in the 60s.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'd say Roger Moore, though they both looked good and I like them both as actors.
    I always thought Shatners wig was almost as famous as the man himself?
  • I can explain the longer hair in later years, but you won't like it.

Something of a combover going on, I'm afraid, certainly from Moonraker onwards.

I'm not sure about that. It just seemed to be a change to the hairstyle he preferred and sported throughout most of the 50s, 60s, 80s and 90s. He did wear a very small toupee in his last few films but that was to cover a very small bald spot. He had a pretty full head of hair as late as 1996.

Well, that's what I mean. I don't mean combover in the Bobby Robson sense, just it you have it long and brushed back, it covers up a bit of thinning on top, seen in side profile in the clinch with Holly Goodhead when they have dropped off the cable car.

I agree there was thinning and that is why it was slicked back in the last few films, i'm not sure any kind of rug was used, I think my AVTAK it was just cemented down with hair spray.
    The real question should be ; who looked better past their fifties. After re-watching all Star Trek movies with the original crew, I would definitely say Shatner.

Even in 1994's Star Trek : Generations, with graying hair and a little extra weight, he looked better than Moore in AVTAK.
    I think Shatner got pretty portly has the films went on and was really struggling to keep his uniform buttoned up, Moore on the otherhand whilst not being in amazing shape at least stayed pretty slim throughout his tenure.

Even with the extra weight, Shatner was unstoppable ;-)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I think Shatner got pretty portly has the films went on and was really struggling to keep his uniform buttoned up, Moore on the otherhand whilst not being in amazing shape at least stayed pretty slim throughout his tenure.

Agreed. In fact, I've heard it said on TV that Captain Kirk was "a sort of portly James Bond" so that fits.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I need to own T.J. Hooker.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I need to own T.J. Hooker.

Me too mate, watched all of them a few years back on tv, they ran the whole lot. Shatner is a god lol