Bond Movie Characters You Wanted To Return

Comments

• edited June 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Kinnear is the favourite to become the new Doctor Who so he must have some charisma.

Well two films in and I've yet to see it. He's just the bloke who googles stuff for M.

Michael Kitchen and Colin Salmon blow him out of the water in the same role.

Don't get me wrong I completely agree and a month or so ago I was campaigning for Tanner to be recast.

But after seeing he was the favourite at most bookies to become the next doctor who I did a bit of research on him and he's gotten a fair bit of praise outside of Bond, which makes me think that if the writers gave him better material then he could be a better Tanner.

Salmon and Kitchen were better but to be fair they had better scripts (Tanner/Robinson wise). All the lines given to Kinnear are exposition. Kitchen was given a personality even though he had barely any screen time (I love the evil queen of numbers line).

Off topic, but I find it funny that in 2009 Salmon was rumoured to be the next Doctor Who, and now Kinnear is the favourite.

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    At the opportune time :

Kerim Bey
    Marc-Ange Draco
    Plenty O'toole
    Solitaire
    Nick-Nack
    Agent XXX
    Milos Colombo
    Saunders
    Dario
    Boris Grishenko
    Wai Lin
    Zukovsky* happened but was so great
    Vlad
    (Kinkade)
    Easily Tiger Tanaka for me. The great Tetsuro Tamba was excellent in the role, and Tanaka was a very fun character, even if he didn't get much screen time. I'd love to see him brought back, maybe played by Ken Watanabe? ;;)
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Can we do dead ones? Mathis, Bey , Saunders, Colombo , Quarrel and Quarrel Jr.
    Colombo, Mathis, Zukovsky definitely!
    great user name..

Characters I'd like to have seen make a return ?

Fiona Volpe

Donald Grant

Hans (very poorly utilized)

Kidd and Wint

Sheriff JW Pepper

Nick Nack

Bibi Dahl

Melina Havelock

The knife-throwing twins (Mishka and Grishka ?)

Kamran Shah

Dario

Xenia Onatopp

Miranda Frost

The rude South African from Die Another Day

Solange Dimitrios

Camille Montes

M (Skyfall) - It has to be said (thought she was good for at least one more release)
    great user name..

Fiona Volpe

Donald Grant

Kidd and Wint

Sheriff JW Pepper

Nick Nack

Bibi Dahl

Melina Havelock

Kamran Shah

Dario

Xenia Onatopp

Miranda Frost

Solange Dimitrios

Camille Montes

M (Skyfall) - It has to be said (thought she was good for at least one more release)

I forgot about JW Pepper I'd love him to return!
  • Dragonpol2Dragonpol2 The Crazy World of Daniel Dragonpol
    great user name..

Fiona Volpe

Donald Grant

Kidd and Wint

Sheriff JW Pepper

Nick Nack

Bibi Dahl

Melina Havelock

Kamran Shah

Dario

Xenia Onatopp

Miranda Frost

Solange Dimitrios

Camille Montes

It should be illegal to even think that, @hullcityfan!
    edited June 2013 Posts: 496
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    great user name..

Fiona Volpe

Donald Grant

Kidd and Wint

Sheriff JW Pepper

Nick Nack

Bibi Dahl

Melina Havelock

Kamran Shah

Dario

Xenia Onatopp

Miranda Frost

Solange Dimitrios

Camille Montes

He's a legend even though the actor who played him is like 92 now they could bring someone into play him everytime Bond goes to the USA.
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    great user name..

Fiona Volpe

Donald Grant

Kidd and Wint

Sheriff JW Pepper

Nick Nack

Bibi Dahl

Melina Havelock

Kamran Shah

Dario

Xenia Onatopp

Miranda Frost

Solange Dimitrios

Camille Montes

He's a legend even though the actor who played him is like 92 now they could bring someone into play him everytime Bond goes to the USA.

Very bad idea. Do you really think such a character would fit in in the new Craig Era? Surely not!
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    great user name..

Fiona Volpe

Donald Grant

Kidd and Wint

Sheriff JW Pepper

Nick Nack

Bibi Dahl

Melina Havelock

Kamran Shah

Dario

Xenia Onatopp

Miranda Frost

Solange Dimitrios

Camille Montes

Very bad idea. Do you really think such a character would fit in in the new Craig Era? Surely not!

No he might be retired or something by then.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 145
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    great user name..

Fiona Volpe

Donald Grant

Kidd and Wint

Sheriff JW Pepper

Nick Nack

Bibi Dahl

Melina Havelock

Kamran Shah

Dario

Xenia Onatopp

Miranda Frost

Solange Dimitrios

Camille Montes

No he might be retired or something by then.

Still a bad idea. He's in two Bond films. That's more than enough, in my book.
    Again, this isn't a thread about who from the past should be in the next movie, just who did you want to come back in some way or another.

JW Pepper, on that note, should still not be on any list.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Again, this isn't a thread about who from the past should be in the next movie, just who did you want to come back in some way or another.

JW Pepper, on that note, should still not be on any list.

Well, he wouldn't be on any remotely sensible person's list, that's for sure, regardless of the criteria.
    Felix Leiter
    Felix Leiter

Well, I suppose he already has in the form of Jeffrey Wright. I hope he's back for Bond 24 as he is quite good in the role.
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Felix Leiter

Well, I suppose he already has in the form of Jeffrey Wright. I hope he's back for Bond 24 as he is quite good in the role.

He should of been in in PB era and in SF because if he was they could have shown Bonds 'funeral' and had Felix Leiter reading about how good of a mate Bond was.
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Felix Leiter

He should of been in in PB era and in SF because if he was they could have shown Bonds 'funeral' and had Felix Leiter reading about how good of a mate Bond was.

Well, I agree he should have been in the PB era, though Jack Wade did a good job as a fill-in in GE in my book. No thoughts on a funeral as it was clear to the audience that Bond was not dead.
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Felix Leiter

Well, I agree he should have been in the PB era, though Jack Wade did a good job as a fill-in in GE in my book. No thoughts on a funeral as it was clear to the audience that Bond was not dead.

We all know he wasn't dead so they should of shown his funeral with a load of rocks in it. And I read a book and it said in TND how the hell could Wade have been working for the CIA.
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Felix Leiter

We all know he wasn't dead so they should of shown his funeral with a load of rocks in it. And I read a book and it said in TND how the hell could Wade have been working for the CIA.

Because he was so incompetent/indiscreet? No?
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Dragonpol2 wrote:
    Felix Leiter

Because he was so incompetent/indiscreet? No?

It makes you wonder how he got into the US airbase.
    Well, he didn't come across as well in TND as he had in GE. His second appearance was more like Sheriff J.W. Pepper in TMWTGG - i.e. unnecessary and just plain bad.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Wade was pretty pointless I thought. Should've just used Felix.

Indeed. LALD was only the second novel after all, but his shark injuries seemed to preclude him from the films until the reboot made it possible in 2006.
    Dragonpol2 wrote:

Indeed. LALD was only the second novel after all, but his shark injuries seemed to preclude him from the films until the reboot made it possible in 2006.

They should of brought him back with a metal leg.
    B. L. O. F. E. L. D. ! ! Why surpress one of the biggest Bond villains ever!? I mean come on, Mr Blofeld and his white cat added some fantastic suspense, horror and humour. In 'From Russia With Love', 'Thunderball', 'You Only Live Twice'. 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service', 'Diamonds Are Forever' and 'For Your Eyes Only'. But in the seventies they just 'stopped' using Blofeld, because of legal issues. Otherwise Blofeld would have been back earlier. And why not revitalize Blofeld in the same way Christopher Nolan did with Batman's arch villain The Joker.
    B. L. O. F. E. L. D. ! ! Why surpress one of the biggest Bond villains ever!? I mean come on, Mr Blofeld and his white cat added some fantastic suspense, horror and humour. In 'From Russia With Love', 'Thunderball', 'You Only Live Twice'. 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service', 'Diamonds Are Forever' and 'For Your Eyes Only'. But in the seventies they just 'stopped' using Blofeld, because of legal issues. Otherwise Blofeld would have been back earlier. And why not revitalize Blofeld in the same way Christopher Nolan did with Batman's arch villain The Joker.

It may have not been Blofeld in FYEO but I think it is.
    I'll have to go ahead and agree with those on the first page of the thread that cast their vote for Mr. White. There needs to be some form of resolution with that character.
    dalton wrote:
    I'll have to go ahead and agree with those on the first page of the thread that cast their vote for Mr. White. There needs to be some form of resolution with that character.

Bring him back as Bond hunts down Quantum.
    dalton wrote:

Bring him back as Bond hunts down Quantum.

This is exactly what I want to see in the next film! [-O<