Bond Movie Characters You Wanted To Return

13»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I will be earth-shatteringly disappointed if Quantum/White doesn't return.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    RogueAgent wrote:
    dalton wrote:
    I'll have to go ahead and agree with those on the first page of the thread that cast their vote for Mr. White. There needs to be some form of resolution with that character.

Bring him back as Bond hunts down Quantum.

This is exactly what I want to see in the next film! [-O<

They capture a Quantum agent arrest him but he escapes before MI6 can get him to base ( this is bad for MI6's reputation) and hunt him down and is in the main plot.
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    Another thread reminded me I liked henderson. Why not make him a recurring friend like Felix... In his scene alone I thought he was more interesting than all Felix has done. Henderson is saucy and a rascal.
    I've always thought that if Pierce Brosnan's era had continued it would have been cool to bring Zukovsky back and have him effectively retired and living in another continent having totally rebuilt his life leaving all his peers thinking he was dead but still with his ear to the ground with regard to criminal activity. Bond would've been one of the few to know he was still alive and of course Zukovsky would have now had more than an aching knee to blame Bond for.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:
    dalton wrote:
    I'll have to go ahead and agree with those on the first page of the thread that cast their vote for Mr. White. There needs to be some form of resolution with that character.

They capture a Quantum agent arrest him but he escapes before MI6 can get him to base ( this is bad for MI6's reputation) and hunt him down and is in the main plot.

As I have said before, I would love to see Bond forced to work with Yusef to track down Quantum. The situation is ripe with amazing potential.
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,310
    I'm honestly still undecided if I would want Quantum to return. It brings up bad memories for me.

The idea of Quantum on paper (SPECTRE: Part II) is interesting, but Quantum of Solace flubbed it so badly that there may be no 100% clean way to bring Quantum back without harking back to QOS's "storyline."
    As I have said before, I would love to see Bond forced to work with Yusef to track down Quantum. The situation is ripe with amazing potential.
    As it stands, I don't think Yusef was treated importantly enough in Quantum of Solace for that situation to be very effective. If Yusef had been more of a player in Quantum and/or had a bigger part in the film, I would agree with you. But really, Yusef is barely in the film at all. I don't think anyone would remember who the hell he was. (And I think the Vesper storyline has been stretched out enough.)

I think the reluctant team of Bond and Yusef would have been interesting had QOS handled the situation differently. I would be happy for the writers to prove me wrong on this one, however.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    SJK91 wrote:
    I'm honestly still undecided if I would want Quantum to return. It brings up bad memories for me.

The idea of Quantum on paper (SPECTRE: Part II) is interesting, but Quantum of Solace flubbed it so badly that there may be no 100% clean way to bring Quantum back without harking back to QOS's "storyline."
    As it stands, I don't think Yusef was treated importantly enough in Quantum of Solace for that situation to be very effective. If Yusef had been more of a player in Quantum and/or had a bigger part in the film, I would agree with you. But really, Yusef is barely in the film at all. I don't think anyone would remember who the hell he was. (And I think the Vesper storyline has been stretched out enough.)

I think the reluctant team of Bond and Yusef would have been interesting had QOS handled the situation differently. I would be happy for the writers to prove me wrong on this one, however.

I for one loved what QoS did with Quantum. The film made it very believable and the theme of Quantum having people everywhere and the paranoia of M and MI6 was played brilliantly. I think there is still much to be done with the organization, and hopefully John Logan feels the same. And while Yusef wasn't a major character screen-time wise, he was a huge part of the Vesper arc as he was the man that played her like a violin and used her for the aims of himself and Quantum. Bond is no doubt infuriated at what he has done, and I think them working together would be an interesting dynamic. While casual movie-goers may not know him from White or Greene, I think the character of Yusef has more amazing potential in him beyond the final scene in QoS. EON have tossed elements into the films before that only Bond fanatics would pick up on, so I don't see the issue of giving us more out of Yusef.

The great thing about the Craig era is that they have managed to shake up the Bond formula without relying so much on Fleming to do so. M's death was a major moment that changed the series forever, and it was something not touched on by Fleming in the novels. Going into Bond's past and visiting his childhood home intimately also changed all that the films can do with Bond as a character forever, and shows just how many great opportunities are out there for further exploring more of who Bond is as a character in the future. New and interesting things can also be done in the future with Bond and other characters that could change the game forever just like M's passing, and a Bond/Yusef partnership could be one of those such moments.
    SJK91 wrote:

I for one loved what QoS did with Quantum. The film made it very believable and the theme of Quantum having people everywhere and the paranoia of M and MI6 was played brilliantly. I think there is still much to be done with the organization, and hopefully John Logan feels the same. And while Yusef wasn't a major character screen-time wise, he was a huge part of the Vesper arc as he was the man that played her like a violin and used her for the aims of himself and Quantum. Bond is no doubt infuriated at what he has done, and I think them working together would be an interesting dynamic. While casual movie-goers may not know him from White or Greene, I think the character of Yusef has more amazing potential in him beyond the final scene in QoS. EON have tossed elements into the films before that only Bond fanatics would pick up on, so I don't see the issue of giving us more out of Yusef.

The great thing about the Craig era is that they have managed to shake up the Bond formula without relying so much on Fleming to do so. M's death was a major moment that changed the series forever, and it was something not touched on by Fleming in the novels. Going into Bond's past and visiting his childhood home intimately also changed all that the films can do with Bond as a character forever, and shows just how many great opportunities are out there for further exploring more of who Bond is as a character in the future. New and interesting things can also be done in the future with Bond and other characters that could change the game forever just like M's passing, and a Bond/Yusef partnership could be one of those such moments.
    What can I say, Brady, you do drive a strong argument. I particularly agree very much with your second paragraph.

I'm curious to know what you would give QOS on a scale of 1-10 and where it falls on your rankings. It's obvious you enjoy the film far more than I do, which I find slightly peculiar, considering that Craig is my favorite Bond and CR & SF are 1 and 3 on my list respectively.

One of these days I'm going to have to do a CR/QOS double feature. It's just that every time I watch QOS I see a sea of opportunities squandered in a barrage of failed ideas - Yusef being one of them. You are correct in saying that he was a huge part of the Vesper arc - which is why it frustrates me so that he wasn't a bigger part of QOS. He seemed kind of tossed in. After all the craziness with Dominic Greene is sewn, it seemed like, "Oh yeah, there's that Vesper thing, too. Can't forget to wrap that up." The scene with Bond and Yusef is fairly strong, and is a fantastic concept on the page, yet I can't help feel that had Yusef been given more of a presence, the scene REALLY could have reached its true potential.
    If you compare SPECTRE with QUANTUM, then I think SPECTRE was the better, even more realistic crime syndicate. I mean, come on. Which dumbass will have a 'board meeting' during a Tosca open-air opera in Bregenz? That's asking for trouble. A perfect functioning crime syndicate operates 'in the shadows', in secret, hidden even from secret services. I think it's even more important that an upcoming crime syndicate in Bond 24 will operate in complete secrecy, from beginning to end. So that only the audience knows about it, and not MI6 or 007.
    The general public wouldn't remember a minor character like Yusuf. Besides, the Vesper arc is over and I'd like it to stay that way.

I'm not sure EON will want to bring back Quantum. QOS didn't go down too well. I think they'd want people to forget about it and bringing back the villains from the film would just remind people.

I assumed Spectre would be back in QOS after all this talk of a mysterious organisation in CR.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    RogueAgent wrote:
    dalton wrote:

Like take him hostage and bring him with him then just shoot him?