"Bond James bond" - what do you think of Connerys intro ?

do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
edited July 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 106
for me it rank no. 3 behind , Brosnan and Craig (good with gun) . It whasn't the best way (cigarete)

Comments

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Perfect. The cigarette was authentic to the hero Fleming wrote.
    Not only the best intorduction in the series but one of the best introductions of any character in the history of cinema. IMHO
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Classic, simply classic
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Not only the best intorduction in the series but one of the best introductions of any character in the history of cinema. IMHO
    Seconded. It's the quintessential Bond moment.
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 11,189
    This is probably going to be the most boring thread yet :p

I doubt anyone is going to say it's anything other than cinematic gold (and rightly so).
  • Yep, perfect. As said above, not just the greatest Bond intros but one of the greatest ones in cinema.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    It has to be the best, if only because after that it was treated as an injoke or a badge of honour for each successive Bond.

A very close second must be Daniel Craig's delivery at the end of CR, which is my favourite ending of a Bond flick. It makes me punch the air every time I watch it! :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The cigarette made it. I pulled that scene up on Youtube yesterday and must have watched it ten times or so. It's beautiful.
  • Not only the best intorduction in the series but one of the best introductions of any character in the history of cinema. IMHO
    Seconded. It's the quintessential Bond moment.
    Thirded.

Even if you don't like the scene itself, you've got to admit it's incredibly iconic.

Very iconic but the "I'm looking for James Bond" prior to it wasn't needed.
    This is probably going to be the most boring thread yet :p

I doubt anyone is going to say it's anything other than cinematic gold (and rightly so).
    I join in the boredom ;-).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Perfect doesn't even begin to describe the epicness of it.
  • To be honest this sums it up and let's move on:

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    One of the best character introductions there is. There aren't many better in cinema!
    It belongs to the highlights of cinema, forever.
    He absolutely nailed it! One of the best "Bond....James Bond" lines of the series. Love the casual, everyday look he has when he says it.
    He absolutely nailed it! One of the best "Bond....James Bond" lines of the series. Love the casual, everyday look he has when he says it.
    Absolutely. Shrugs it off, because he knows he's the best.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Damn right. He was cool, nonchalant, said it with an air of sophistication all the while saying it whilst lighting up a cigarette. It's the best delivery and setting of the series, the most iconic line in cinema history and the most parodied and paraphrased. Sean Connery gained icon status at that very moment.
  • Sometimes the most simple lines are the most difficult ones to deliver - actors tend to overthink the multitude of ways to say them. I can't imagine the pressure on each new actor on how to deliver that line now...didn't Brosnan say that was one of the most nerve-wracking parts of shooting GE?
    Love it. Greatest introduction of any character of all time. Delivered perfectly. I agree about the cigaretter also. Without it, it wouldn't have been the same.

It's that good, I've had it as my email notification for years.

• off topic but funny

off topic but funny
    Haha, hilarious. One of my favorite '5 Seconds' videos.