Congratulations To Calvin Dyson!

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited June 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
As most here are likely aware, the great James Bond reviewer Calvin Dyson is also a member here on the MI6 forums, and just yesterday he posted a video asking for votes in a film contest he had entered. His stop motion film The Bride of Vernon needs your votes, and if Calvin wins plenty of great honors will come his way, including increased word of mouth for his film and a possible film career. His video about the contest is here:

And you can place your votes here; it only takes seconds:

https://www.facebook.com/MyFirstJobInFilm/app_162850930432266

Voting ends this Friday, so please get them in. He is currently in the lead, and the gap is growing larger and larger between him and the second place entry as time goes by. With your votes he can win and his life could be changed forever if he gets a chance to enter the film industry when word of his film spreads!

To any and all that vote, thank you!

Comments

I voted for Calvin!!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Done. :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    DONE!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    One thing I am curious about is if you need a Facebook account to vote, which I don't have. I voted a while ago, but I don't know if it worked or not. The number was at 155, but didn't change until some time after, though it might have just needed time to refresh itself.

Thanks to all those that have answered the call, and so fast! I know Calvin will appreciate this. :)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited May 2013 Posts: 9,117
    I dont do Facebook but I'm there in spirit, if not in actual votes.

Cal is head and shoulders the best Bond reviewer on the web and I like nothing more than to stick his reviews on in the background while I'm having a cheeky game of FIFA.

The Wizard would never stoop to writing 'lol' but Cal's ejaculation of 'F**k off Smallbone!' during his Moneypenny ranking video did indeed elicit an audible chortle I have to say.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I dont do Facebook but I'm there in spirit, if not in actual votes.

Cal is head and shoulders the best Bond reviewer on the web and I like nothing more than to stick his reviews on in the background while I'm having a cheeky game of FIFA.

The Wizard would never stoop to writing 'lol' but Cal's ejaculation of 'F**k off Smallbone!' during his Moneypenny ranking video did indeed elicit an audible chortle I have to say.

I think my vote still counted, so by all means go ahead and at least click vote. If it doesn't work at least you tried. :)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I voted for you Calvin good luck and if you win could you treat yourself to a new iron?
    Regards Coggins.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I already voted when he first posted this video. I watched the film was and thought it was very, very good.
    Hi guys I've only just seen this thread! Thanks so much to you all for voting and for your kind words. This whole thing has been an incredibly humbling experience and it actually looks as if I might win! And it's all thanks to Bond fans! :D
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Best of luck Calvin, though you should have this win in the bag.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I too have voted for Calvin. He seems to be in the lead so far!
    Hi guys I've only just seen this thread! Thanks so much to you all for voting and for your kind words. This whole thing has been an incredibly humbling experience and it actually looks as if I might win! And it's all thanks to Bond fans! :D
    Don't mention it; you deserve it!
    And it's all thanks to Bond fans! :D
    Don't undersell your talent here pal. B-)
    Congratulations to Calvin for his win!

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    That's great!!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Well done Sir although having watched it on youtube I can't help feeling a lawsuit from Saul Bass might be heading your way over those opening titles!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Very well done Calvin. It's nice to know this forum played a part, however small, in the victory.
    You are Da MAN! =D>
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Well done. I'm very glad we helped to facilitate your victory.
    Well done Calvin. You deserve it for making such a charming little film. I feel bad for forgetting to vote (especially since I have had a few conversations with you on facebook) but nonetheless I'm glad you won. I always look forward to your new videos and smile when I see you have uploaded one. Loved the Dr No re-review and look forward to future ones.

P.s. Johnny English is on ITV 2 as I type this. Its pretty naff.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 18
    Removed by a moderator