Best Henchman Tournament

Comments

• Kaufman and Wint
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited July 2011 Posts: 823
    I vote for:

Kaufman because he will always be Mr. Vargas to me, the morbid, creepy Biology teacher in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

and for

Gonzalez who had one of the best dialogue line in the Moore's Bond films:

"Walther PPK. Standard issue of the British Secret Service. Licence to kill...or be killed. Take him away. ..."

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited July 2011 Posts: 2,630
    Sorry for the delay folks. In the double matchup, Kaufman did his job and killed off Dimitrios 14 - 3 and Wint shot an arrow in Gonzalez's chances in continuing the tourney 12 - 5.

New double matchup.

A man who at first made Bond believe he's dead! The other JB, It's Jacques Bouvar!
    His opponent is a golden gun's boss's boss! A millionaire whom Bond thinks never met Scaramanga but he isn't fooled for long it's Hai Fat!

Second match is the deadliest man with a hat, from killing a Tilly to "blowing a fuse", it's the one and only Oddjob!
    Max Zorin's lover and bodyguard, she is known for superhuman strength because of steroids, it's May Day!

Boitier vs Hai Fat
    Oddjob vs May Day

Vote Now
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sorry to be a nitpick, but it's Jacques BOUVAR ;-)

Bouvar
    Oddjob
    Done about the last name thing
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Bouvar
    Oddjob
    Jacques Bouvar and Oddjob
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Jacques Bouvar
    Oddjob
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    Jacques Bouvar

and

Oddjob
    Jacques Bouvar

May Day

• KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited July 2011 Posts: 2,629
    Bouvar and Oddjob.

Bouvar drags Hai Fat to his resting place.

Oddjob does not go into shock looking directly at May Day.

I could not be more happier that Oddjob drew May Day in the first round
    Bouvar
    Oddjob
  • Bouvar
    Oddjob
  • edited July 2011 Posts: 2,491
    bouvar
    oddjob
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Hai Fat was a useless sheep, I will not vote for him!

my vote is for Bouvar and Oddjob
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Bouvar vs Hai Fat
    Oddjob vs May Day
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Bouvar and Oddjob
    (and thanks for sparing us a picture of Mayday)
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Bouvar vs Hai Fat
    Oddjob vs May Day
  • Bouvar and, no contest, Oddjob.
  • I vote for:

Kaufman because he will always be Mr. Vargas to me, the morbid, creepy Biology teacher in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

and for

Gonzalez who had one of the best dialogue line in the Moore's Bond films:

"Walther PPK. Standard issue of the British Secret Service. Licence to kill...or be killed. Take him away. ..."

That is so funny J7, I totally missed that Kauffman played Mr. "I just switched to decaf, Have a heart" Vargas. FTARH is a classic! Put me down for Kauffman and the entertaining Mr. Wint.

Oddjob in an ugly 17 second KO and I'm going to dissent with Hi Fat over Bouvar. Hi Fat had dialogue for one, and the bit with him on speaker phone with the karate school over is one that I laugh with, because I swear the last thing he says to the guy are some choice words, and if anyone knows what he said I'd love for you to tell me! Bouvar puts up a good fight and all, but the character's screen time isn't enough for me to vote him over a more substantial characterization by Richard Loo.

Bouvar & Oddjob
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    Hi Fat had dialogue for one, and the bit with him on speaker phone with the karate school over is one that I laugh with, because I swear the last thing he says to the guy are some choice words, and if anyone knows what he said I'd love for you to tell me!

you mean before Hai Fat got killed by Scaramanga?

Francisco Scaramanga: [after Bond has broken out of Hai Fat's karate school] ... What do they teach at that academy? Ballet dancing?
    Hai Fat: I find nothing amusing in Mr. Bond's escape. May I remind you that you work for me. I took you on to be an occasional consultant, nothing more. I did not pay you to interfere in my affairs. Is that understood? Now, return to the plant and don't leave there without my permission.
    [he doesn't see Scaramanga assembling the Golden Gun]
    Hai Fat: ...I now regret having even considered employing your services, but that is beside the point. Bond doesn't know you; he's never seen you. But he knows me. That's the problem.
    Francisco Scaramanga: That's no problem.
    [He shoots Fat dead, then disassembles the Golden Gun as one of Fat's aides comes to investigate]
    Francisco Scaramanga: ...Mr. Fat has just resigned. I am the new Chairman of the Board.
    [goes outside]
    Francisco Scaramanga: ...Fat always did like that mausoleum. Put him in it.
  • Yeah, he was on the speaker with the karate school guy when Scaramanga came in. I swear he was dropping the F bomb :-))
    Bouvar & Oddjob

Bouvar & Oddjob
    Bouvar & May Day
    Voting is over.

Results and next tournament coming soon, and sorry for the delay.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    edited July 2011 Posts: 823
    since we are waiting for the next round:
    I vote for:

That is so funny J7, I totally missed that Kauffman played Mr. "I just switched to decaf, Have a heart" Vargas. FTARH is a classic! Put me down for Kauffman and the entertaining Mr. Wint.

[Mr. Vargas takes his Biology class to visit the morgue]
    Mr. Vargas: Are you in my class?
    Jeff Spicoli: I am today.

and Mr. Vargas's HOT Wife was played by Lana Clarkson of Barbarian Queen fame,

http://www.netwalk.com/~truegger/ftrh/lanaclarkson.jpg

http://pics.filmaffinity.com/Barbarian_Queen_AKA_Queen_of_the_Naked_Steel-293512799-large.jpg

whose young life was brutally ended by Phil Spector - look at this LOSER!

http://www.thebestgossip.com/uploaded_images/PHIL_SPECTOR_Lana_CLARKSON_GOSSIP_murder-788016.jpg

may she R.I.P.!!

edited July 2011 Posts: 2,630
    16-1 Bouvar and 15-2 Oddjob. Congrats to them. And RIP to Lana Clarkson :(

Our next one is a single match between relatively unknowns.

A man with the golden bullets it's Lazar.

His opponent is the henchman of SMERSH/QUANTUM's terrorist funder and was arrested for dead bodies in his trunk/boot. It's Leo!

Lazar vs Leo
    Vote now
    Lazar