Which Bond-esque Characters From Other Franchises Are Your Favourites?

BenBen
edited April 2013 in General Movies & TV Posts: 121
Personally, mine is Smithers from Stormbreaker.
One of my favourite aspects of James Bond is Q and I just can't get enough gadgets.
Regarding Stormbreaker: The gadgets are pretty awesome. Then to put Stephen Fry as the gadget man is great. And to top it all off, it's at Hamleys.
Here's a clip if you haven't seen Stormbreaker:

Comments

• samainsysamainsy Suspended
    I love Alex Rider seen the film , read and got all the books!!! better than young bond though
  • Off the top of my head;

- Tony Stark
    - Johnny English
    - Clive Owen's 006 character from The Pink Panther
    - Jonathan in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode 'Superstar'
    - The 'Q' character in Van Helsing

I'll probably come up with some more and add them to this list
    Dr. Bashir, of course !
    Morgan Freeman was pretty good as Q in Batman and I do like Dr Evil.

Indiana Jones was Bond inspired so I'd add him to the list as well. And Ezio from Assassins Creed is essentially a 15th century James Bond.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    - Jonathan in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode 'Superstar'
    That was too funny for words.
    Jack Bower, 24
    Bruce Wayne, The Dark Knight Rises *WHERE* does he get those wonderful toys?
    Agent Cody Banks
    Tony Stark
    Gerard wrote:
    Dr. Bashir, of course !

For me Bashir was more like living the ultimate Bond fan's dream.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Sam Spade
    Philip Marlowe
    Rick Blaine
    Bryan Mills
    Alec Leamas
    Will Kane
    Ethan Hunt
    Benji Dunn
    Rick Deckard.
    I am not a big fan of 24, but enjoyed the first two seasons, and always thought the Drazens and Ira Gains were reminiscent of Bond villains.
  • The Avengers...Steed was a bit of charming English agent....love The Avengers....

And
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Machete from Spy Kids!
    500full.jpg
    @Murdock Wait, so Machete is a Spy Kids spin off? Or did Rodriguez just think that name really suited Danny Trejo?

If it's not the same character I also think the other Danny Trejo Machete character deserves a mention. He fits the Bond archetype of shagging and killing lots.
    @Murdock Wait, so Machete is a Spy Kids spin off? Or did Rodriguez just think that name really suited Danny Trejo?

If it's not the same character I also think the other Danny Trejo Machete character deserves a mention. He fits the Bond archetype of shagging and killing lots.

From what I've read it's the same Machete but more or less in a different more adult reality.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,350
    As far as I know it is the same character. Rather cool, huh?
    That is brilliant. I love how he decided the perfect spin off for the kids film series he directed would be a violent grindhouse movie where the hero battles Steven Segal and Robert De Niro , bangs Lindsey Lohan and uses somebody's intestine's as a rope.
    The Greeks in The Wire I always thought were a bit like Bond villains too. It wouldn't have taken them much to be one anyway.
    I always liked Mr Hann from Enter the Dragon
    Oddjob wrote:

Very inspired by Dr No.
    Oddjob wrote:

That's a pretty good choice. Enter The Dragon is similar to Dr No in a few ways.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 61
    For once, agreed with Brady- Bryan Mills. Lets have him be the American J.B. and give him a new movie every couple years. Taken 2 was not so good but the potential is still there. Here here for Liam!
    Enter The Dragon is similar to Dr No in a few ways.

It's a martial arts re-make with lee as a reluctant & gun hating Bond. :))
    Lucius Fox.
    darkknight_286pyxurz.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    Lucius Fox.
    darkknight_286pyxurz.jpg

How the heck didn't I add Lucius?
    Because he's literally nothing like James Bond?
    Because he's literally nothing like James Bond?

He's a lot like Q though.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,622
    Napoleon Solo and John Steed are my two favourites. Along with Bond, they are my holy trinity of the archetype. Both are actually brazen Bond derivatives, especially Solo. Steed has more of his own quirks, distinct from Bond
    What I like about both Uncle and the Avengers is that both series bring the same Bond spyfy fantasy vibe, but minus the spoofing of say Helm or Flint.
    Solo and Steed also deliver Bond-style danger and suspense, whilst also pushing the camp-fantasy boundaries.
  • I thought Michael Fassbender in X-men: First Class was pretty good. Matthew Vaughn is also a big bond fan from what i've read. The end credits to that movie feel like they came straight from a bond movie.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Johnny English ( 1 & 2) and Alex Rider.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    And It Takes A Thief starring Robert Wagner. :)