uk bookie favors Guy Ritchie for next Bond movie

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    what is wrong with Guy Ritchie?

i think he'd do a fine job with Bond - it's not like they are asking Tamahori to return.
  • Good point about Tamahori..I just think Ritchie would be wrong for Bond.BUT after reading about the other contenders we need Barabra and Michael G. to get down on bended knee, and plead for Sam Mendes to come back for 24 !
    Tarantino .. Eastwood....please!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    great Bond films were made before SF, surely there will be more after..

QOS could've been something special - if it wasnt for such lousy action and a halfway completed script.. i wouldn't mind if Forster would be welcomed back, provided he let someone like Alexander Witt handle the second unit action and Stuart Baird handle the editing... because sequences like the Opera, and even the final battle made me like Forster a bit - at the time, i considered it (sans the action of course) the most beautifully shot Bond film... then SF came around lol...
  • RC7RC7
    Lord no. Not Ritchie.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 11,189
    If he turns out to be the next director I suspect he will be extremely controversial amongst the fans. Personally I'm not sure I can see it. Bond just doesn't seem to be his sort of film IMO - even the present more "gritty" ones.

Plus his ex wife has already appeared in one of the films and we all know what people thought of her ;)

What do people here think of his stuff on Sherlock Holmes?
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    i really like his Sherlock Holmes films... there are some elements of his filmmaking (yes, i am talking about the slow-mo) that i dont really care to see in Bond movie.. but i think he puts together well composed shots, and knows how to handle action... i think it would be a solid choice... plus RockNrolla, Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels??.. all great films.. i dont understand the apprehension people have towards the man..

you would've thought it was Lee Tamahori in disguise or something.
    I wouldn't mind him. He could probably do a good job as long as he didn't use ramping or slow mo.
    I suppose he could do a decent job. it's his "geeza wannabe" style I'm thinking of. That's probably just my inner snob haha.
    I wouldn't mind him. He could probably do a good job as long as he didn't use ramping or slow mo.

exactly..
    HASEROT wrote:

exactly..

So Michael Bay or James Cameron are out of the question then? ;)
    BAIN123 wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:

exactly..

So Michael Bay or James Cameron are out of the question then? ;)

oh jumpin' jesus on a pogo stick, dont scare me like that.
    I would've liked a Cameron one in the 80s/90s.
    @haserot

The Rock is the closest thing Michael Bay has done to a Bond film. It's even got old James Bond in it :D

Maybe he should leave it at that though.

In the actual series the introduction of Jinx feels very "Bay-ish" with its lingering "paparazzi" slow motion.
  • I wouldn't mind Guy Ritchie directing so long as a cap was put on all the slow-mo stuff.

Why exactly is he the favourite though? What evidence is this based on? It's like the bookies just plucked out the name of every 'big' director and slapped some made up odds on them.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I wouldn't mind Guy Ritchie directing so long as a cap was put on all the slow-mo stuff.

Why exactly is he the favourite though? What evidence is this based on? It's like the bookies just plucked out the name of every 'big' director and slapped some made up odds on them.

I agree with both.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh please no. No. Definitely no. I like him at times ... but he never lets us forget we are being directed. By Guy Ritchie. His style is at times intrusive.

I'll take a lesser know director, if need be.
    Vinnie Jones as Blofeld?
  • I don't think this would be a good choice. Nothing against Guy Ritchie but I think his style doesn't suite Bond very well. In a re-imagining of SHERLOCK HOLMES I can deal with it but I wouldn't want that style applied to Bond 24. Who knows though. Maybe he would resist the temptation...
    I personally found Ritchie's direction to be the most dissapointing thing about the Sherlock films, I feel with a better director they could have gone up another level, so this wouldn't fill me with much excitment.
  • RC7RC7
    I'd bet good money it won't be Ritchie. Of every available director out there, I don't believe for one second B+M would stick him anywhere near the top of a Bond 24 wish list. If they have, then quite frankly they've lost the plot. He's definitely in a long list of directors that would immediately sap my enthusiasm were they to be announced.
  • So ..no votes for Eastwood?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    macdrummer wrote:
    So ..no votes for Eastwood?

Are you serious?
  • certainly ..

NOT
    This a just a list by the bookies with no foundation whatsoever in the list of names, and as they they are all fairly high profile I will not take any of it seriously.

Bullsh*t story.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 57
    I hope so.
    Personally I would give it back to Martin" you better be good ..you better be
    good!" Campbell.
    CR is a great movie..and changed the style to what we have to date ...
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    At this point in the "Pre-movie gossip period," everyone under the Sun (note upper case) is "tipped" to be the next director. Meh.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 824
    My choices are Paul Greengrass or Kathryn Bigelow.

Guy Ritchie? Are they serious?

It's a crap list. I'm a big Eastwood fan but on a Bond Film?
    Speiberg. Ridley Scott? I don't think so.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,548
    NO NO NO! I like his gangster flicks and the Holmes films but in no way do I want him any where near a Bond film. Chris Nolan please!
  • Nolan is working on Interstellar, due November 2014.
  • No Tarantino fans..?

Seriously when I saw this list I thought someone was extracting the you-know-what ...
    Is Lucas on this..?
    I'm sure he could fit in a Bond movie before he does the next Star Wars project!!
    Hopefully all just press speculation in light of Mendes turning it down.

If not ...
    maybe we could have Cameron with Bond going from planet to planet ..chasing villans through the cosmos...