The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Today's news. :) Not old, not quite yet.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

These two are pretty good. I especially like "Midnight Shadow".
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Murder Apparat I don't get it
    Roseland Sounds like an Elvis movie
    Moonkiller Too similar, and crappier than, Moonraker
    Darko Donnie?
    Bete Noire I will take the Drakar Noire
    The Feelings of Death Nope

I just started reading FRWL, and in it:
    Grant says he is Russia's 'Murder Apparat', which is like 'Agent Provocateur'.

Roseland is the Russian property Grant is introduced at (very similar to the film, where he gets the massage).

Moonkiller, or 'Moon Killer' in the novel, is the nick name given to Grant by the local communities when he was a teenager, because he would kill someone right around a full moon. (They didn't know it was him, so they called the murderer the 'Moon Killer'.

Darko just sounded.. interesting. It's actually Kerim Bay's first name; Darko Kerim Bay.

Bete Noire just sounded cool, and was in one of the first few chapters. Don't really remember.

The Feelings of Death comes from what Grant called 'the feelings', which would be the urge to murder someone, usually around a full moon cycle (see: Moon Killer^).

So, all of them were based on things from FRWL? Well, that's one of the Fleming novels I haven't read yet (I'm getting there, though), so that could by why none of them sounded familiar to me. Still... Moonkiller does sound like a lamer Moonraker.

so (if this is true) will probably get the title this year.

I can see the headlines now

"Bond 24 offically titled The Hildebrand Rarity"

:D
    I've stayed away from this thread as I find it useless to guess a (non Fleming) Bond title as we'll never see a generic "Tomorrow Never Dies For Today Again Blood" title again. So the only contribution I'll make is that I'd love for "The Property of a Lady" to be used as I find it so interesting
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 5,745
    So That Others May Live
    Far Side Of Fate
    Admiralty Orders
    Intent On Deceit
    War Into Waters
    Beat To Orders
    The Weather Gauge Claim
    Letter Of Marque
    Act Of Pardon
    Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea
    As The Crow Dies
    En Echelon
    Fly By Night

Trying to think of nautical terms..
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I know this is a late reply, but I do agree with QoS: I loved the title because I enjoyed it. I remember so much backlash coming from the 'insane, convoluted' title, when all it took was a simplistic knowledge of words to understand.
    Ludovico wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:
    For Queen and Country, of course stylized to fit the 007 logo in there.

Already the title of a series of spies stories, written by Greg Rucka. Great series, by the way.

Wasn't aware. I'll have to check it out.
    Beyond Good And Evil
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Between the Shadows
    Spectre Rising?
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Spectre Rising?

Crossover with Alex Rider, huh?
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Spectre Rising?

Crossover with Alex Rider, huh?

Just wanted something to suggest the return of Ernst Stavros!

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Fly By Night

Love the title and love the song!
    they should make Risico or property of a lady before they make any new titles use up Flemings titles before moving on and if we talk chapter titles there is loads to choice from
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Risico would work as a one word follow up to Skyfall.
    i agree but i do not just think it works as a single word follow up but it would work all together to follow Skyfall with Risico it would bring bond full circle and allow the old films to follow on naturally with room for others in between but EON will not listen they will go for a original title i bet

• edited February 2013 Posts: 135
    Quantum of Revenge
    Quantum Rising
    A Quantum Deadly
    OctoQuantum
    You Only Die Another Quantumfall of Goldenmoonthunderpussyball

or maybe Risico...
    Quantum07 wrote:
    Quantum of Revenge No.
    Quantum Rising No.
    A Quantum Deadly No.
    OctoQuantum No.
    You Only Die Another Quantumfall of Goldenmoonthunderpussyball There's not a string of curse words preceding the word "no" strong enough to convey just how damn much NO this is.

Quantum07 wrote:
    Quantum of Revenge No.
    Quantum Rising No.
    A Quantum Deadly No.
    OctoQuantum No.
    You Only Die Another Quantumfall of Goldenmoonthunderpussyball There's not a string of curse words preceding the word "no" strong enough to convey just how damn much NO this is.

Quite confident none of those were serious, so yea...
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Quantum07 wrote:
    Quantum of Revenge No.
    Quantum Rising No.
    A Quantum Deadly No.
    OctoQuantum No.

I'm glad at least one person here shares my sense of humor. And @Agent007391, what was wrong with that last one? I was very proud of it! :-(
    Quantum07 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Quantum07 wrote:
    Quantum of Revenge No.
    Quantum Rising No.
    A Quantum Deadly No.
    OctoQuantum No.

I'm glad at least one person here shares my sense of humor. And @Agent007391, what was wrong with that last one? I was very proud of it! :-(

I knew none of them were serious from the beginning. I just miss @Data_Thief and all of his other 101 incarnations (he's probably out there somewhere, masquerading as the Pope, or something), so I decided I'd pick somebody at random and the mass of Quantums in one post made me pick that one. Actually, it was the giant mess of a title that was the last one that made me pick your post.
    The Monteverde
    ultrabox wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    ultrabox wrote:
    For Queen and Country, of course stylized to fit the 007 logo in there.

Already the title of a series of spies stories, written by Greg Rucka. Great series, by the way.

Wasn't aware. I'll have to check it out.

It is an amazing series. I guess the title could still be used, as the series is relatively little known.
    Never Die
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Property Of A Lady would be my choice. A lot of people wouldn't know what Risico means.

But then, what does Quantum of Solace mean?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 40,372
    @=bg=, I really don't understand the confusion behind "Quantum of Solace." If so many people have such an extreme lack of words, just look it up online and piece it together yourself. I use the word 'solace' all the time.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    @=bg=, Quantum of Solace is the act of finding a sense of comfort with someone. Therefore, Bond is finding solace in his relationship with Vesper by the film's end.
  • Where in the world is quantum san diego?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @=bg=, I really don't understand the confusion behind "Quantum of Solace." If so many people have such an extreme lack of words, just look it up online and piece it together yourself. I use the word 'solace' all the time.

I know what solace means. 'quantum of solace' is gibberish to most people.

=bg= wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I know what solace means. 'quantum of solace' is gibberish to most people.
    yes the title quantum of solace as little meaning but its all revealed in the film quantum being the name of the villains organisation and solace or sorrow so the quantum of solace would mean the sorrow of the loss that bond suffers for the loss of vesper which was killed by quantum. you have to look a little deeper if you want meaning or like me just except it as a title as it normally gets unveiled in the film anyway like Skyfall that as no meaning until you watch the film

You Only Die Another Quantumfall of Goldenmoonthunderpussy.[/quote]

i like the title but when it comes to dvd it may need a box set to itself lol or you are never going to fit it on the box lol

:)) i have a challenge for you have a few shots of what ever you drink then try say it at least 10 times