SKYFAIL..and suggestions on how to correct it

edited February 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 3
First off, I'm an American so to any Anglophile out there obviously my opinion just doesn't count..right? However, after hearing the buzz for SKYFALL..and actually thinking it might be a great film..I was..incredibly disappointed.

To be fair..not a bad film..actually pretty good..for a Bond flick..but to think people actually talked about this being a Best Picture of the Year contender?!?!?

OK..so IMO what would make the whole franchise better?..and I write this in the hopes that much like the gaming forums (despite devs swearing they never look at them)..someone..somewhere might read this and think there are some decent ideas here (altho I can't believe anything here hasn't been thought of before)

#1 We need to establish that JAMES BOND is a CODE NAME..given to the operative holding the 007 title. This would explain how a man hasn't aged in 50 years. When I saw the ejector seat Astin Martin DB3? from the Goldfinger movie in Skyfall I thought for sure they were going in that direction. Maybe a back story as to how the original Bond (Sean Connery) actually was named James Bond..but all the guys after him just kept that name (I dunno to confuse the Russkies or..some bulsh like that)..this way every few years you can thro a new guy in there and no one thinks "hey just how old is this guy?" The same can go for M, Q, Moneypenny, Felix Leighter, etc.etc.

#2 Why not mix it up? Maybe..just maybe even have James Bond be black for a coupla years..or maybe even a woman?

#3 With all the group superhero shite goin down these days..al a Avengers and the upcoming Justice League..why not expand the Bond universe by introducing other 00's..and I dunno for anyone out there who is firm that Bond can only be a white male then maybe some of these others could be black or female.

#4 Are we gonna be gonzo, over-the-top action like some of the early films..and some of the Superhero comic stuff or are we gonna try to be more Jason Bourne it-could-be-real action. The outrageous stunts and villains of earlier films were gonzo even by today's Marvel comic standards

#5 A little skin please? Bond girls have always been some of the most gorgeous women..ever (even when it's kinda hard to explain..yeah right Denise Richards was a nuclear physicist..or Honor Blackmon's real name was Pussy Galore)..OK much like Hooter's you guys lay out all the dots but just don't connect them. You wanna hint and suggest and TEASE right up to the point of actually delivering the goods..but then bail on the deal..much like Hooter's..why not just admit you sell skin and be a strip club that sells bad chicken wings

I dunno maybe it's a Euro thing..but from the country that brings us the amazing Page 3 girls Leanne Crow, Lucy Pinder Sammy Braddy, etc. etc. etc I would think Bond films would show us a little classy skin. When can have a scene where Bond and the bad guy hint about homosexuality..but to show that GORGEOUS woman in the shower and NOT see how completely beautiful she is is just a C*CK TEASE

I grew up with Bond..I love the movies..but I see a franchise that really doesn't seem to know where it's going

IT COULD BE SO MUCH MORE..and that's a shame

Comments

This discussion has been closed.