Who could play Bond VS Who could maybe play Bond VS Who could NOT play Bond

2»

Comments

• Troy wrote:
    Michael Fassbender is German

Therefore cant be Bond because he is not British or Colonial

Bond was born in Berlin in Fleming's Higson's and the Reboot canon. So I take it as a yes for Fassbonder to be Bond.
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    Who could play Bond : Jude Law, he's very remnant of a young Sean Connery.
    Maybe - Michael Fassenbender, good actor but very overrated.
    Never play Bond - Arnold Scwarzengger. Although he would make a good rebooted Goldfinger.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Jason Isaacs or Clive Owen could do Bond, all others at the moment are second tier IMO. ;)
  • OligarchOligarch Banned
    Ryan Coddling definitely is in the NO F#C*ING WAY Category. Dear god that would be disastrous.

Christian Bale as Bond just doesn't fly for me, he bores me in the Batman role and comes off as cardboard.

I never really wanted Clive Owen as Bond when I was younger, perhaps it was because I grew up with Brosnan as Bond and it was sad to see him go, but after watching the movie, "I'll sleep when I dead" starring Clive Owen a year ago, I was blown away by Owen's performance. It is indeed a amazing movie, and Owen is very very Bondian at times. This movie convinced me that Clive Owen could have been a great Bond.

I think Gerard Butler could be a great Bond, he has that dark grungy Connery style to him. But he definitely would need to make himself comfortable in the role and certainly improve his acting . He's been in a series of rom-coms lately which has really turned me off. The last good movie he played in was 300.
  • I Think Henry Cavill Be A Better Choice and He`s More Younger Than Every Actor Is He Would Be a Better Choice To Cast As The 7th James Bond Actor and Idris Elba Was Cast As A Black James Bond Actor I Would Be Done Watching 007 Movies If The James Bond Producers Cast a Black Bond I Would Be Very Angry and James Bond Was Made White In The Book, Not Black In The Book.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Seeing as some people are submitting actors who will never ever be Bond I.e. Owen, Law, Butler, Issacs, I want to take the opportunity so say that EoN should have cast Ralph Fiennes as Bond back in '95. After watching the English Patient about 10 years ago, Fiennes was who I'd picture when reading the novels and let's face it, the man is one of tge best actors of his generation. He would have made a perfect Bond but alas we have him as M.
  • I never would've imagined someone bringing up Ryan Gosling as a candidate for Bond, but I think he'd make an PHENOMENAL Felix Leiter.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Seeing as some people are submitting actors who will never ever be Bond I.e. Owen, Law, Butler, Issacs, I want to take the opportunity so say that EoN should have cast Ralph Fiennes as Bond back in '95. After watching the English Patient about 10 years ago, Fiennes was who I'd picture when reading the novels and let's face it, the man is one of tge best actors of his generation. He would have made a perfect Bond but alas we have him as M.

I read that his audition was great but in the wrong way. Apparently he came off as too cold, and like a slightly emotionless killer who just happened to work for MI6 but would be happy working for anyone else. After what happened with Dalton, finding a Bond who would connect with audiences was probably of paramount importance.

What I'm *really* curious about is how seriously Hugh Grant was considered. There was a profile that I read of him in a magazine in the late 90s that was extremely interesting. A female reporter spent several days with him, and his "public persona" dropped quite quickly. He started off as the stuttering, self-deprecating person that he always played in his films but as she spent more time with him he abandoned that and the "real" Hugh Grant came out. She was surprised at how macho and commanding he was, she realized that in public he kept playing the "role" of a foppish Hugh Grant as that was what made him a lot of money. She said that she then realized that he indeed could have played Bond, and that it was a shame that he didn't do a film playing a more manly character. But, as she said, he was so firmly fixed in people's minds as the character from Four Weddings and a Funeral that no matter how good he was in a more "macho" role the audiences wouldn't accept it.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's very interesting. I wasn't aware about any of that. This cements all the more why the remainder of Craig's tenure needs to be handled with precision and care. The last thing we need are botched opportunities. Here's hoping the standard of CR/SF can be maintained or bettered.