Mi6: Lost and Found

2»

Comments

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    @DaltonCraig007's remarks on Roger Moore are truly missed.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I miss @DaltonCraig007. He and I had some damn good arguments that I really miss.

Same here, same here.
    @DaltonCraig007's remarks on Roger Moore are truly missed.

Yes, his love for Roger Moore is unmatched, and very missed.

• I've only been around since the "new" version of the forum but I'll give you my 2 cents...

I used to be moderately active on alt.fan.jamesbond and was quite impressed by the level of love the posters had for Bond. There were some disagreements about taste, but everyone truly loved Bond. That was very nice to find; other "fan forums" that I looked at for other series or franchises were mostly about how everything must either "SUCK!" or "RULE!" or were filled with personal, immature insults between people of differing opinions. But trolls took over (it wasn't moderated) and the good people got crowded out.

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this place but I was first taken by the design of the forums - bright and cheerful instead of black with bad design! But the content of the posts impressed me, as did the maturity of the members (regardless of age). I've seen some great posts by great people since I've been here and will likely stay for a very long time.

(I only ever read/post on one other forum, and only on a very specific category about clothes)

As for members disappearing the people here seem pretty consistent. I've seen some trolls come and go, but they usually only make a few posts and are then banished (again, this is a great plus for this site). The only bad/puzzling thing I've seen were two posters who were around for quite a while and posted very frequently but are now gone, off to another forum (they're welcome to have them) I suppose. The one would somehow work in to almost every post how he was furious at "lefties", feminists, gays, men who weren't manly enough, etc. ruining the world and politics. The other would start with an explainable position on the films or actors but get so worked up if someone disagreed with him that when reading his posts you could imagine him slamming his fingers into the keyboard, swearing, and foaming at the mouth as he typed them. Now, for a forum of this size and activity having only two members like that is a great testament to the maturity of our members - people who want to have intelligent discourse about all things Bond will be drawn here, people who don't will find this place frustrating (and the mods do a good job of clearing out the garbage). And they did eventually leave.

Congratulations on a great site and forum, and I'm looking forward to discussing Bond 30 here in the future ;-)
  • Yes, what happened to Dalton Craig, been missing since August I think, not sure what's going on there. Hope he's alright and everything

One or two names I know better to mention that were asked to leave, in so many words, because of questionable behavior, I wouldn't say no to a return or to see them participating once again, but seems unlikely. I never had a problem with them, just merely upset the wrong people in the end
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelordflasheart, I think I know the latter member you speak of who just up and disappeared.
  • @Creasy47 it doesn't really matter who they were as they aren't here anymore - it was strange that they were tolerated as long as they were, but to be fair if no one flags inappropriate comments then the Mods won't know to do anything. As I said, other forums are welcome to those types of posters, we'll just keep the high quality ones here ;-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Creasy47 it doesn't really matter who they were as they aren't here anymore - it was strange that they were tolerated as long as they were, but to be fair if no one flags inappropriate comments then the Mods won't know to do anything. As I said, other forums are welcome to those types of posters, we'll just keep the high quality ones here ;-)

Your style of thinking is well appreciated ;) and that's a big thing: flagging what needs to be flagged. Too many trolls pop up, and we decide to feed them instead of flagging them, and before you know it, some of us question how they manage to survive as long as they do, and it's because mods aren't alerted to their presence sooner.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited January 2013 Posts: 7,996
    MrBrown wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    And some here have pursued 'control' in other places...
    That's cute, Dimi.

I didn't start this is as a "remember all of those people on that other site?" type of thread, just for the record. This is for the members who we're no longer in contact with, and not people who choose to post on other websites.

I recall Simon not being active before the old site folded. I was sure he'd find his way over here, though. I also knew that Elektra Queen only posted once every year or two, before Mi6 Community was launched. No one's been in touch with her since? And last I heard from sisillius was in a few private messages. Really kind and intelligent guy. A Flemingphile, too. Hopefully he'll return at some point.

@CommanderRoss I'm not sure what happened to LaLa, either. She might just be dealing with life, in general. I imagine she'll post again in the near future. It's also good seeing that you're still around, Commander Ross.

It'd also be nice if YouOnlyLiveThrice returned. He was quite a character.

Oh, and bond_fan, of course. :)

Well it's good to see you here as well @MrBrown. Indeed, live often catches up, and it's one of the reasons I can't post as much as I used to. That and after so many years many discussions just aren't interesting anymore. Lala might return and I might miss it, but it would be good if she returned and I didn't miss. Thankfully there are still quite a few old members on her once in a while, like the fantastic @StGeorge, @Doubleonothing, @Darth and many more. And we got quite a few impressive new members as well.

I'm trying to teach the young people some lessons in the next Bondgirl thread though. They don't seem to understand it's the only legal one to post pictures of beautiful women in, the keep on linking. Sad really, I thoroughly enjoyed the 'hips 'n tits' thread on the old forum, but I do understand it may have been a bit over the edge.

If Thrice returned, that would really be a blast!
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    During the two year life MI6 has had so far, the ones I miss that have gone off the grid are:

@DaltonCraig007
    @danslittlefinger
    @AgentFae
    @Crab_Of_Doom
    @007RogerMoore
    @saunders

Just some I think of every now and then. :-<

Jolly nice of you to remember me @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I still spend an indecent ammount of time lurking on this site but I just haven't found the passion or energy to start posting again (this may be considered a blessing by some :) ). Maybe this is the wake up call I needed to start being an active member again!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    saunders wrote:
    During the two year life MI6 has had so far, the ones I miss that have gone off the grid are:

@DaltonCraig007
    @danslittlefinger
    @AgentFae
    @Crab_Of_Doom
    @007RogerMoore
    @saunders

Jolly nice of you to remember me @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I still spend an indecent ammount of time lurking on this site but I just haven't found the passion or energy to start posting again (this may be considered a blessing by some :) ). Maybe this is the wake up call I needed to start being an active member again!

It would be great to have you more active again, old chap. And this week we got @danslittlefinger back! Things are starting to look up again. Hope to see you around. :)
  • During the two year life MI6 has had so far, the ones I miss that have gone off the grid are:

@DaltonCraig007
    @danslittlefinger
    @AgentFae
    @Crab_Of_Doom
    @007RogerMoore
    @saunders

Awww shucks.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    AgentFae wrote:

@DaltonCraig007
    @danslittlefinger
    @AgentFae
    @Crab_Of_Doom
    @007RogerMoore
    @saunders

Awww shucks.

Get to your room young lady
    AgentFae wrote:

@DaltonCraig007
    @danslittlefinger
    @AgentFae
    @Crab_Of_Doom
    @007RogerMoore
    @saunders

Awww shucks.

Please tell me your stay here is quite permanent, @AgentFae? We need more ladies like you around here, especially one who appears to be a Vesper fan?! [-O<
  • @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 - I wouldn't say its permanent. While I still love Bond, I'm currently engaged in other fandoms and the perils of university work. I might pop in. Who knows.

@NicNac - you aren't the boss of me.

(yes dad)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 23,612
    @AgentFae,

Fae, dear Fae
    Please stay
    For you hold sway
    Over this play
    And so I pray
    Every single day
    That you may
    Much like clay
    Remain this way
    Not an easy lay
    But, dare I say,
    Like dried hay,
    Something that, nay,
    Will never go away.
    Fae, dear Fae!
  • You spelt my name wrong on that last one, Dimi - but A+ job.

I don't know - we'll see.

(seriously kudos to you good sir)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    AgentFae wrote:
    You spelt my name wrong on that last one, Dimi - but A+ job.

Corrected. ;-)

• I don't miss @shadowsofthesun of course.

Well ;)
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote:
    AgentFae wrote:
    You spelt my name wrong on that last one, Dimi - but A+ job.

Corrected. ;-)
    Well, all the greatest poets in history constantly revised their works.

Our astute Sir Darthius Dimitius is much the same, right up there with the likes of Wordsworth, Colerdige and Tennyson, I would confidently proclaim.

Shhhhh...it appears that he's hard at work right this moment...

Cant_write_anything_emoticon.gif