Can Daniel Craig please keep his shirt on?

Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
edited January 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 403
Yes, we're all aware that Craig gets incredibly built and jacked up for filming the next movie, but can we possibly get more women showing off and less Craig (as badass as he is)? Pretty please?

Comments

• Yes, we're all aware that Craig gets incredibly built and jacked up for filming the next movie, but can we possibly get more women showing off and less Craig (as badass as he is)? Pretty please?

I'm curious - why does it bother you so much?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    1-2 scene every movie (Disregarding the steamy bits) isn't crazy.

Here's what I remember without him in bed with a woman: The Beach scene in CR, Him talking to Mathis in QOS (which led to a steamy scene with Fields), Him taking the bullet wound off, Him looking in the mirror when he was "dead",
  • 1-2 scene every movie (Disregarding the steamy bits) isn't crazy.

Here's what I remember without him in bed with a woman: The Beach scene in CR, Him talking to Mathis in QOS (which led to a steamy scene with Fields), Him taking the bullet wound off, Him looking in the mirror when he was "dead",

Him on the beach with Vesper (which wasn't really steamy, more talky), him being tortured, him swimming in Tokyo
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't see what is wrong with it? You must remember that though we get to see Bond ladies scamping around in next to nothing or in a very sexy dress, the women who are fans of Bond deserve something too. Dan works hard to look like that for the Bond role, and I say if you have it show it off.
  • I bet if any of the old Bond's were in Dan's shape they'd be just as nekkid as he was

I don't have any problem with it at all (except maybe a hint of jealousy, lol)
  • Go back and watch the Connerys. While the camera didn't fondle him quite as much as it does Craig, I think you'll find he was shirtless just as frequently. It's nothing new. We men just didn't notice as much in the old ones, because we weren't as threatened. ;)

(And that's not intended as a knock on Connery, who is still my favorite Bond. But it's pretty clear that Craig is trying a bit harder).
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I honestly don't understand the purpose of this thread. Connery used to show up shirtless in every film! In the books there are scenes of Bond with his shirt off or even naked. It's not like Craig spends the entirety of the films without his shirt on (not that I would mind ;;) ) He's got it, he can flaunt it. So it's OK for Bond-girls to show up wearing almost nothing but Bond must be fully dressed at all times?
  • Apart from the trunks scene (just as stupid as Jinx coming out of the sea imo, except this time I wasn't treated to Halle Berry in a bikini), I don't see the problem.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 157
    You people must remember that in the deleted scenes of Diamonds are Forever we can clearly see Sir Sean Connery's butt, when he is in bed with Jill St. John... So, considering this, what's the problem with a shortless Daniel Craig?
    Yes, we're all aware that Craig gets incredibly built and jacked up for filming the next movie, but can we possibly get more women showing off and less Craig (as badass as he is)? Pretty please?

Eeh... why? Less Craig? A terrible idea, frankly.
    I don't see what is wrong with it? You must remember that though we get to see Bond ladies scamping around in next to nothing or in a very sexy dress, the women who are fans of Bond deserve something too. Dan works hard to look like that for the Bond role, and I say if you have it show it off.

Good points, and I wholeheartedly agree. :)
    Rossi wrote:
    You people must remember that in the deleted scenes of Diamonds are Forever we can clearly see Sir Sean Connery's butt, when he is in bed with Jill St. John... So, considering this, what's the problem with a shortless Daniel Craig?

Shortless? Well, he has been in some movies and I'd say there is no problem whatsoever. :P

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Rossi wrote:
    You people must remember that in the deleted scenes of Diamonds are Forever we can clearly see Sir Sean Connery's butt, when he is in bed with Jill St. John...

http://sean-connery.narod.ru/1fot/f13-16-180.jpg

• edited January 2013 Posts: 135
    Rossi wrote:
    You people must remember that in the deleted scenes of Diamonds are Forever we can clearly see Sir Sean Connery's butt, when he is in bed with Jill St. John...

it looks like he's wearing panties.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I can't believe this thread is still open. Anyway... It's interesting the originator is not responding. Maybe just wanted to see how many comments we would come up with regarding this topic.

And of course I agree with the above members' statements.
    Quantum07 wrote:
    Rossi wrote:

it looks like he's wearing panties.

Very convenient skin-colour panties... You just ruined DAF for me! Hahahaha.
    I suspect the op is very young. There is the whiff of an embarassed schoolboy about his post.
  • RC7RC7
    actonsteve wrote:
    I suspect the op is very young. There is the whiff of an embarassed schoolboy about his post.

If you notice though he doesn't actually suggest no Craig getting his top off, just more women. Everyone made a knee-jerk reaction, as expected. I agree with @Aziz_Fekkesh, fine for Dan to have his top off but let's see some hot women in the next one. More eye candy for the straight boys is fine for me.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    There's nothing wrong with Craig going shirtless. Do you know how many people he has motivated to hit the gym, get fit and undergo a complete lifestyle and fashion change?

i have to agree with this post more hot women in bikinis . craig's bod does not need this much screen time lol
    RC7 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

If you notice though he doesn't actually suggest no Craig getting his top off, just more women. Everyone made a knee-jerk reaction, as expected. I agree with @Aziz_Fekkesh, fine for Dan to have his top off but let's see some hot women in the next one. More eye candy for the straight boys is fine for me.

You've got 50 years and 23 filmsof hot women in places nude or semi nude - heaven knows how many nudes there were in the titles.

And you are complaining about Dan showing some flesh. Might I remind you that Severine certainly was naked in the last film.

• RC7RC7
    actonsteve wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

You've got 50 years and 23 filmsof hot women in places nude or semi nude - heaven knows how many nudes there were in the titles.

And you are complaining about Dan showing some flesh. Might I remind you that Severine certainly was naked in the last film.

No, not complaining about Dan showing some flesh, just having a little more female eye candy. Dan has the advantage of being the main man, so women lust after the combination of character and physique. It would be good to have a similar female character.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Pop in Dr.No and fast forward to the decontamination scene, where honey gets a scrub down.
    RC7 wrote:

What's the name of the thread again? ;) And then there's the more moderate "less" in the post.

• Tuulia wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

What's the name of the thread again? ;) And then there's the more moderate "less" in the post.

You beat me too it, I was just going to point out the title of the thread as clearly indicating that the original poster wants less shirtless Bond.

As others have pointed out, Connery was easily shirtless as much as Craig has been. The new members won't know this, but this is a topic that brings up strangely heated debate here - we used to have a couple of posters (now gone) for whom this made them go apoplectic. It's as if the only way that they could film a scene of Craig with his shirt off is to round up all the existing prints and DVDs of their favourite Bond films, erase the negatives, and then film the new scene over top of them.

Guys get oddly angry when a guy is perceived to be hot by women. To me, the logical way to react would be - oh, women like Craig's body. Instead of whining about it and demanding that they don't get to see it, maybe I should just put down the Cheetos and spend maybe 3 of the 20 hours that I normally spend surfing the net or watching the TV maybe doing some exercises.

If I can remember the names of some of the previous threads I'll see if I can link to some of the previous comments - they're shockingly funny.

• RC7RC7
    I took the thread title as being mildly sarcastic and humorous. I don't think the op was crying in his pillow about it, but who knows. I think a lot of people in this thread doth protest too much. I've no problem with Dan getting his abs out, I'm not sure who these angry people are? Maybe you're trying to convince yourselves of something. Who knows.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Tuulia wrote:
    Shortless? Well, he has been in some movies and I'd say there is no problem whatsoever. :P

Frontal. Full frontal.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 2,081
    echo wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Frontal. Full frontal.

Not sure what you mean. You mean that would be a problem, or not? Anyway, he has no problem with it, and has done it already. Obviously that's not gonna happen in Bond movies, since apparently such male nudity is considered unsuitable for kids - why exactly is beyond me. Apparently human body parts are more harmful for youngsters to see than violence. Go figure.
  • Heck, I'd actually prefer men stripping down over seeing yet another anorectic girl in bed with Bond. Bring out the Bond guys!
  • RC7RC7
    Heck, I'd actually prefer men stripping down over seeing yet another anorectic girl in bed with Bond. Bring out the Bond guys!

I know, hell we need some bumming in the franchise. I jest, of course. In seriousness, Berenice was very womanly, no? Katerina Murino the same. I wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of her.
  • I don't think the DC skin scenes have been gratuitous. He's been shirtless while swimming, while having sex, while being tortured (could be argued he didn't need to be naked, I suppose, though it's also a psychological ploy in torture), during first aid (attaching the pads in CR, checking the bullet wound in SF), and during personal grooming. All moments that either required him to be shirtless or was easily acceptable. I mean, it's not like M came into her house in SF to see him splayed out asleep on her couch, with a thin blanket strategically placed over his groin area.

I think it's also used as a way to reiterate the "blunt instrument" label M gave Bond- if you expect your agent to be able to do all manner of things in the field for Queen and country, it helps you believe it if he looks like THAT.
  • Tuulia wrote:
    echo wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Frontal. Full frontal.

Not sure what you mean. You mean that would be a problem, or not? Anyway, he has no problem with it, and has done it already. Obviously that's not gonna happen in Bond movies, since apparently such male nudity is considered unsuitable for kids - why exactly is beyond me. Apparently human body parts are more harmful for youngsters to see than violence. Go figure.

I love how this thread went from "tell Craig to put his top on in Bond films!" to "tell Craig to get his cock out in Bond films!"

I love this site.
This discussion has been closed.