Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• DrNoDrNo North Hollywood, California, USA
    edited January 2013 Posts: 81
    Keira Knightley.
    She'd be great as Bond's ironing board.
    Aww...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    She'd be great as Bond's ironing board.

Haha, yeah. Before she auditions we should take her to Burger King and get her filled up.

Though, she would be a great Bond girl. Since she is an ironing board Bond can fold her up and take her with him on the run.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    How about Jeeja Yanin? She's being called the female Tony Jaa.

I've only seen her in one film but she's a brilliant martial artist and she looks pretty hot.

They'd have to try and make her different to Wai Lin though, so not another agent. Maybe make her a baddie, a female henchwoman or something?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not a big fan or martial arts or kung fu in Bond films. Although, the occasional judo chop from Bond can be used to great comic effect.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Not a big fan or martial arts or kung fu in Bond films. Although, the occasional judo chop from Bond can be used to great comic effect.

Thanks to Austin Powers I don't think the classic Moore (and I could be incredibly wrong, but also Connery?) judo chop will ever come back.
    Knightley is on the skinny side to be sure, but she has a classically beautiful face. I didn't see Domino, but apparently she did some action in it....anybody? C'mon....
    doubleoego wrote:

Thanks to Austin Powers I don't think the classic Moore (and I could be incredibly wrong, but also Connery?) judo chop will ever come back.

I think Brosnan used it best against Onnatop. *chop* Sweet dreams.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Knightley is one of my favourite actresses, but I can't picture her as a Bond girl. Some actresses, not necessarily all favourites of mine, that I could see as Bond Girls:

Sienna Guillory (b.1975)
    covert-affairs-usa.jpg?d=600

Hayley Atwell (b.1982)
    hayley-atwell-1.jpg

Alice Braga (b.1983)
    alice-braga-photo-rite-premiere.jpg

Alice Eve (b.1982)
    Alice+Eve+Harry+Styles+LFW+Burberry+Prosum+kd9nt8tJh0el.jpg

Alicia Witt (b.1975)
    Alicia+Witt+NBC+Star+Party+2007+Arrivals+rxC_P1TVcubl.jpg

Amanda Righetti (b.1983)
    imvl6z0n607y6n76.jpg
    How about Jeeja Yanin? She's being called the female Tony Jaa.

I've only seen her in one film but she's a brilliant martial artist and she looks pretty hot.

They'd have to try and make her different to Wai Lin though, so not another agent. Maybe make her a baddie, a female henchwoman or something?

I've seen Yanin in Chocolate & Raging Phoenix, but I think she'd prehaps make a better villainess.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Hayley Atwell (b.1982)
    hayley-atwell-1.jpg

Alice Braga (b.1983)
    alice-braga-photo-rite-premiere.jpg

Alicia Witt (b.1975)
    Alicia+Witt+NBC+Star+Party+2007+Arrivals+rxC_P1TVcubl.jpg

Amanda Righetti (b.1983)
    imvl6z0n607y6n76.jpg

I loved those. Amanda, specially.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Does anybody know Carey Mulligan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carey_Mulligan

She 27 years old, and I think she could pass well as a Bond girl:

an_education11.jpg

262699-dtstory-carey-mulligan-in-an-education.jpg

3917_Carey-Mulligan_AnEducation_2.jpg

2009_an_education_006.jpg

Also she has appear in a film alongside Pierce Brosnan:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Greatest_(2009_film)
    ^ Mulligan would be awesome. (She would have made an amazing Moneypenny)
    edited January 2013 Posts: 259
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    ^ Mulligan would be awesome. (She would have made an amazing Moneypenny)

well too bad Naomie Harris has that role already but if the character Loelia Parsonaby is going to appear in future Bond film, or if EON is planning to use Helena Marksbury from Raymond Benson's Bond continuity, Mulligan may fit as one of those 2.

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @MajorDsmithe indeed Alicia's always been a fav of mine
    alicia-witt-outracoisa-02.jpg

She's just got something...
    And that Hayley Atwell is lovely too!
    vgqwm824n31u2gmq.jpg

Beeing very fond of redheads, I'd like to mention Karen Gillan es well, she's the only reason why I watched Dr. Who. But I guess she's a bit young.
    04-Karen-Gillan1.jpg
    Trivial question: is it only me or there aren't many blondes? And when was the last time there was a blonde Bond girl? Maybe DAD...

Not so trivial observation: we should maybe think about the Bond girl as a character when suggesting actresses for Bond girls. Who could play the vulnerable one, what could she bring we haven't seen yet, or haven't seen in a long while, etc. I am glad that since the beginning of the Craig era we don't have superchicks anymore. They all have their weaknesses.
    sarah-shahi-20061020-170310.jpg

sarah-sarah-shahi-2143718-520-780.jpg

3631-sarah_shahi__4_.jpg

Sarah-Shahi-019.jpg

sarah-shahi-04-1920x1200.jpg
    edited March 2013 Posts: 259
    I'm currently watching the K-drama, IRIS and Holy cow I think Kim Tae-Hee could have some Bond Girl potential, no Bond film has ever had a Bond girl from South Korea:

Kim-Tae-Hee-IRIS-drama-korea.jpg

313_26519104542_5880_a.jpg

kim-tae-hee-0001.jpg

kim_tae_hee_lg_event_121128.jpg

kim_tae_hee_portrait_by_deekay_by_deekay130-d325zvw.jpg

I want her or Jun Ji-hyun to be the first Bond girl from Korea to take a future role. I'm sure South Korea would be happy of having one or 2 of their actresses taking Bond girl role.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Milla Jovovich has already been many quoted here. She'd be fine i think.

Mrs Jessica Alba:

Jessica%20Alba%20319.jpg
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 26
    Heaps of good options - my faves are the Franco-Spanish (Valverde, Theret, Pataky, Blanca Suarez, the Casta sisters and Clara Lago)

Maria Valverde, Christa Theret, Scarlett Johannsson, Marion Cotillard, Amber Heard, Kaya Scodelairo, Emma Stone, Tamsin Egerton, Dichen Lachman, Sarah Roemer, Ashley Greene, Mila Kunis (can speak Russian - just saying could be useful), Emmanuelle Chriqui, Natalie Dormer, Mallika Sherawat, Laetitia Casta ( or her sister Marie-Ange Casta), Odette Yustman, Olivia Wilde, Jemima West, Nora Arnezeder, Spencer Locke, Melissa George, Elsa Pataky, Katie Cassidy, Blanca Suarez, Clara Lago, Sarah Bolger, Genesis Rodriguez, Gemma Chan, Emily van Camp, Eva Amurri or Elena Satine.
  • Data_ThiefData_Thief Banned
    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing a heavy set woman being cast as a Bond girl? it could be done right if written in the script and perhaps offer a route of new ideas.

Now I don't mean obese, but slightly chubby
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Mdo007 I think that's a fine suggestion. They could've used her in SF, in Macao. But I wouldn't mind Bond going back east. Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam. Lot's of places and storie-possibilities.
    Kim_Tae_Hee_longlayerhair.jpg
    she is stunning indeed! I hope she can act too ;)
    Data_Thief wrote:
    Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing a heavy set woman being cast as a Bond girl? it could be done right if written in the script and perhaps offer a route of new ideas.

Now I don't mean obese, but slightly chubby

I personally would not mind, beauty coming in all shapes and sizes, but of cours eit would depend of the girl. I mean Luciana Paluzzi was not exactly chubby, but she was far more curvaceous than most Bond girls we ever had, and I would love to see this type of beauty in a Bond movie again.
    @Mdo007 I think that's a fine suggestion. They could've used her in SF, in Macao. But I wouldn't mind Bond going back east. Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam. Lot's of places and storie-possibilities.
    Kim_Tae_Hee_longlayerhair.jpg
    she is stunning indeed! I hope she can act too ;)

Then watch the K-drama, IRIS (are you in US? Watch it on Hulu):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_(TV_series)

She played a secret agent, and the way she play it is enough for me to know she can be a good Bond girl. I would love James Bond to go back to South Korea (try not to cause any controversy like what happen for Die Another Day), South Korea in 2002 is different from now due to the popularity of K-drama, and K-pop. Having a Bond film in South Korea would really help K-drama, and K-pop get popular oversea.

Yes. Luciana Paluzi (I know I've spent her name wrong) is my all tine favourite Bond girl. She had the body of a hip hop honey and we need another Bond girl with that right level of thickness. Christina Hendricks springs to mind but I feel she maybe she's missed her chance.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Nicola Walker

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0908070/

nicola-walker.jpg?d=1024

Ladies and gentleman you see what i see ?

Diamonds Are Forever, Bond: Where is he, where is...

• edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    I know it's been said before, but Kate Hudson. She was absolutely gorgeous during the Globes ceremony.

MV5BMTA1NTk0MjMyOTFeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDA4NzEzMTM@._V1._SY314_CR11,0,214,314_.jpg
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I know it's been said before, but Kate Hudson. She was absolutely gorgeous during the Globes ceremony.

MV5BMTA1NTk0MjMyOTFeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDA4NzEzMTM@._V1._SY314_CR11,0,214,314_.jpg

I don't know if she's Bond girl material, but I wouldn't mind having her singing a theme for future Bond movies, if she can be on the same level as Adele or Shirley Bassey or Tina Turner, go for it, Jennifer!!!