Who should be a Bond girl?

Comments

• I'm new here but I have been visiting for awhile, so I don't know if she's been brought up but why not Jennifer Connelly?

Jennifer+Connelly+long+sexy+legs.jpg

450_hot-jennifer-connelly-labyrinth-1564202826.jpg

sexy_Jennifer_Connelly-22.jpg
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 1,405
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Redwing, you got the gist of it, and i do agree, a lovely lady indeed!
    @JohnBarryFan Zoey has been mentioned before, but that aint no problem, as long as you post pics here, say something clever about her and, well, use links that don't tell others don't get warned about as beeing hazardous sites ;-)

So, Zoey:
    zooey-deschanel-06.jpg
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Jennifer Connelly ! I think so ! She's a good actress and has made her name through Hollywood. IMOO, next Bond Girls should be well-known. And also have bigger parts in films (not as much as Jinx's Halle Berry ; or better filmed) and would be the key to pass the mission, not a sexy decorative "object" in the plot... as in Skyfall.

One of my favourite is Poppy Montgomery (Unforgettable) ;p

She's red hiared, absolutely gorgeous ! And quite good actress. Of course.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Connolly as beautiful as she is is over 40. They won't cast a 40+ year old as a Bond girl/love interest. This is unfortunate because some of the hottest women in the world are over 40 and first in my list would be to cast Monica Bellucci! Dang nabbit!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Here's the list i'd put in by now, in the who-is-the-best-to-a-bond-girl-role order:

Anne Hathaway
    Kate Beckinsale
    Scarlett Johansson
    Jessica Alba
    Jessica Biel
    Angelina Jolie
    Adriana Lima
    Penelope Cruz
    Mila Kunis
    Alice Braga
    Reese Whiterspoon
    Sandra Bullock
    Kate Hudson
    Katee Sackhoff
    Extra: Cansu Dere [Chosen by beauty]

And either Sandra Bullock or Jodie Foster could take Moneypenny's Role.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    doubleoego wrote:
    Connolly as beautiful as she is is over 40. They won't cast a 40+ year old as a Bond girl/love interest. This is unfortunate because some of the hottest women in the world are over 40 and first in my list would be to cast Monica Bellucci! Dang nabbit!

That's what I wanted to point out, Connolly wouldn't be a Bond girl due to her age. If they had made a Bond film in the 90 or if she played Christmas Jones instead of Denise Richards, that might've been a good opportunity for her.

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I don't know who mentioned her, but I would love Kate Beckinsale to be a Bond girl. Smart, sexy, and she could pull off the action damn well. My only worry is that she'll be a Wai Lin type who overshadows Bond with her skills, which I feel is what happened in TND.

Yes. Beckinsale. #WIN.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Hathaway has had two huge high-profile roles in '12---she may want to lay low for awhile. But she'd be a good choice, she can obviously mix it up, if you've seen Batman.
  • Milla Jovovitch

MillaJovovichResidentEvilRedDress2.jpg
  • Ironically, if they ever wanted to re-do OHMSS, Rachel Weisz would be my choice for Tracy. I`d still love to see her play a Bond girl, but that`s a slim chance now that she really is Mrs. Bond.
    And that she's over 40.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    All this over 40 stuff is tripe. Age really is just a number. If you don't look old, why not? I mean, Kate Beckinsale is going to be 40 soon, and she looks better than most girls half her age. Same to Kate Winslet, a perfect age of 37 and looking better than ever. If neither become Bond girls, the term "missed opportunity" won't even begin to describe the loss.
  • I would like to think that we won't return to the days of 50 year old Bond/mid-20s leading lady but who knows? As 0Brady says, there are many attractive (and talented, for those of us like myself to whom it's important) actresses out there who are close to our current Bond's age.

Some of the more well-known actresses like Weiss and Winslet would be great catches for the franchise but the modern films seem to do best when they cast actresses that are relatively unknown to mainstream audiences (Eva Green, Berenice Marlohe). Imagine if Angelina Jolie had not been pregnant and had taken the role of Vesper in CR. As great an actress as she can be I would have kept seeing Jolie and not Vesper. Not only did Green give an amazing performance as Vesper, but the lack of baggage (for me anyway) as she was unknown allowed me to see her as Vesper and only Vesper.

The Bond films are so successful now that they don't need a big female star to increase the box office. And there are so many talented actresses out there that we've never heard of...
    All this over 40 stuff is tripe. Age really is just a number. If you don't look old, why not? I mean, Kate Beckinsale is going to be 40 soon, and she looks better than most girls half her age. Same to Kate Winslet, a perfect age of 37 and looking better than ever. If neither become Bond girls, the term "missed opportunity" won't even begin to describe the loss.

Unfortunately age is a factor, if we have a Bond girl in her 30s we'll be lucky.

And I agree with you thelordflasheart, I prefer that Bond girls are unknown, or relatively unknown actresses.
  • Jolie as a Bond girl ? I think I would have divorced myself from the franchise

Green worked well in Royale, and was a fairly unrecognized actress at the time outside of her native France, and I wouldn't have swapped her with anyone that year I don't think. She did a good job

As with the above, it's better that Bond girls are mainly unknown actresses rather than established or familiar names I do think. I didn't think much of Severine this year, or Marlohe even, she was just too bland and banal. Just didn't generate much interest (although the shower scene did get my attention I'll be truthful)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Even if Jolie was a Bond girl, people would complain if she wasn't just like Evelyn Salt, and I don't want that type of duo on screen. Bond getting assistance is nice, but I don't want someone coming over and besting Bond in his role. Camille was good, and I love Kurylenko's work.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited January 2013 Posts: 7,973
    She has been mentioned before, but as her picture itself tells the story, I want Christina Hendricks in Bond 24!
    Christina_Hendricks_3%2C_2012.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I would like to think that we won't return to the days of 50 year old Bond/mid-20s leading lady but who knows? As 0Brady says, there are many attractive (and talented, for those of us like myself to whom it's important) actresses out there who are close to our current Bond's age.

Some of the more well-known actresses like Weiss and Winslet would be great catches for the franchise but the modern films seem to do best when they cast actresses that are relatively unknown to mainstream audiences (Eva Green, Berenice Marlohe). Imagine if Angelina Jolie had not been pregnant and had taken the role of Vesper in CR. As great an actress as she can be I would have kept seeing Jolie and not Vesper. Not only did Green give an amazing performance as Vesper, but the lack of baggage (for me anyway) as she was unknown allowed me to see her as Vesper and only Vesper.

The Bond films are so successful now that they don't need a big female star to increase the box office. And there are so many talented actresses out there that we've never heard of...

Absolutely, I agree with all this. So many beautiful women with great acting talent wasted. I agree with the picking of unknowns too. You have no previous connections or celebrity to overcome with them to suspend your disbelief while watching the film, so you can just be sucked in. I think that is what EON aims to do most of the time that a new Bond is chosen. An actor who isn't a household name but showed great promise previously, like Dan in Layer Cake for example.
    Ludovico wrote:

Unfortunately age is a factor, if we have a Bond girl in her 30s we'll be lucky.

And I agree with you thelordflasheart, I prefer that Bond girls are unknown, or relatively unknown actresses.

What do you mean we'll be lucky to get a Bond girl in her 30s? We just did.

Berenice is 33, Naomie 36.
    I just don't find Christina Hendricks attractive. But then again, big features aren't really my thing.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    She has been mentioned before, but as her picture itself tells the story, I want Christina Hendricks in Bond 24!
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/Christina_Hendricks_3,_2012.jpg

Definetly not. She's beautiful... But we wouldn't see any action on the movie, her breasts would occupy the entire screen.

What do you mean we'll be lucky to get a Bond girl in her 30s? We just did.

Berenice is 33, Naomie 36.

Well, we got lucky (and my mistake). But seriously, I doubt we will get Bond girls older than their mid 30s.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 11,139
    The fact is age is a factor and has always been so. I agree that some of the hottest women on the planet are over 40 but the Bond films have never cast a leading Bond girl over 38. I'm actually hoping that since the success of SF EoN may want to take more risks and go as far as casting beautiful women regardless of age. Mrs Craig was a Bourne girl and she's over 40. Monica Bellucci is almost 50 and she'd be credible as a Bond girl easily.

As for suggesting a candidate, I'd also like to nominate Meghan Markle as a Bond girl.
    I've seen some episodes of Man Men and Christina Hendricks can't act. Those who can't stand Tanya Roberts or Denise Richard won't like Hendricks.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I just don't find Christina Hendricks attractive. But then again, big features aren't really my thing.

Same here. Is she natural, though? If so, I can't be hard on her for it. Just isn't my thing either.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Same here. Is she natural, though? If so, I can't be hard on her for it. Just isn't my thing either.
    Yes, she's all natural, and boy, have things changed here! I like girls with curves in the right places and Hendricks may be a bit extreme, she's extremely hot imo. But then again, these days vertical planking seems to be the craze, which does absolutely nothing for me.

belinda stewart-wilson she 41 wills mom from the inbetweeners uk version
  • Melanie Laurent

melanie-laurent.jpg

936full-melanie-laurent.jpg
    ^ Stunning. Her eyes are magnificent.
    ^ YES YES YES YES YES YES