Mr KILL OR Mr Wint and Mr kidd

Comments

• Mr White was in Diamonds are Forever ?

Yes, this is a nonsense thread with all due respect, in that you're putting two of the greatest adversary characters of the franchise up against some obscure and limited screentime villain from another and making a choice of who was best villain/s

Mr Kil is probably the least relevant character of the Brosnan era, a character or person so immaterial I can't think what else to add to it. Wint and Kidd on the other hand, Yes they had more screentime, but outstanding and fun villains they were. It's one main reason why Diamonds are Forever is worth a watch of anyone's time. But even they and the lovely Jill St John still can't keep the film's head above water
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Sh*t, this is a hard question. On the one hand, we have the stupidest character in DAD (one among many) and on the other, we have (almost seriously) the most useless henchmen in the entire series.

I'm actually gonna have to say I like Mr. Kill, and that's saying something.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd. Mr. Kil was awful.
  • It's not a hard question. Kil is a nothing character, totally devoid of any distinguishing characteristics, a waste of screen presence, and Kidd and Wint were fun, lively and humorous characters that always provided entertainment

Yes their plans to kill Bond, while elaborate, were always doomed to failure, such as burying Bond alive in the Nevada desert, but it was so much fun to watch

The ending on the ocean liner with Tiffany Case and Bond is a delight to watch. I would of jumped at the chance to have had them survive in '71 and seen them again in any subsequent releases
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Sh*t, this is a hard question. On the one hand, we have the stupidest character in DAD (one among many) and on the other, we have (almost seriously) the most useless henchmen in the entire series.

And how efficient is Mr Kil? Has more than enough time to cut Jinx's head off but is so inept Bond intervenes before he has even drawn blood. The fact that he shouldve killed Jinx but didnt is more than enough reason for us to hate him.
  • Wint and Kidd are among the very few highlights of DAF. And this was innovative stuff at a time when homosexuality was a very taboo subject. I remember asking my Dad why they were holding hands and him telling me it wasn't normal, and when I got older he'd explain it to me. The better comparison is Mr.Kill versus Elvis for lack of entertainment.
    There really should be no debate on this one! I am a solid Brosnan supporter for him and his era of Bond, of course, but Mr. Kil was pretty lousy in the henchman department. Yes, I do highly enjoy the fight between him and 007 in the laser room, but as a character, he's quite lame! Wint and Kidd easily surpass him, no contest here! If for no reason, vote for them because of their witty dialogue, of which Mr. Kil had none!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

And how efficient is Mr Kil? Has more than enough time to cut Jinx's head off but is so inept Bond intervenes before he has even drawn blood. The fact that he shouldve killed Jinx but didnt is more than enough reason for us to hate him.

Kil has less inefficient screen time than Wint and Kidd. And, at least "I'm Mr. Kil" gives me a laugh, while none of Wint and Kidd's dialogue even keeps me interested. I enjoy the actors' interviews on the DVD more.

Kil has less inefficient screen time than Wint and Kidd. And, at least "I'm Mr. Kil" gives me a laugh, while none of Wint and Kidd's dialogue even keeps me interested. I enjoy the actors' interviews on the DVD more.

I think that says a lot more about your sense of humour (I assume youre also a Mrs Browns Boys fan as well?) than it does the quality of Mr Kil as a henchman. Quite probably the worst line in the film - and in DAD that's saying something.
  • Wint and Kidd are the only things I enjoyed about DAF. Kil is the reason for the worst line in cinema history. So yeah.

I think that says a lot more about your sense of humour (I assume youre also a Mrs Browns Boys fan as well?) than it does the quality of Mr Kil as a henchman. Quite probably the worst line in the film - and in DAD that's saying something.

I don't know what "Mrs. Brown's Boys" is, so I can't say anything about that. I never said Mr. Kil was a good henchmen, but at least he did something, honestly. Also, yes, Kil's line is the worst in the film (except maybe some of Miranda Frost's lines in M's office, because she never seems to me like anything other than a Moneypenny replacement in that scene, seriously, her line delivery is so sh*tty it's sad), but I don't think any of Wint and Kidd's lines are funny.
  • Wint and Kidd are the only things I enjoyed about DAF. Kil is the reason for the worst line in cinema history. So yeah.

Can't look beyond that but you forgot to mention Jill St John, and also, one or two decent action sequences save it from being a total disaster

I don't think Kil's line was that bad. It simply fails to do anything, was just unnecessary above all else. But Brosnan's reply - 'Now that's a name to die for', was equally insipid. Wint and Kidd had some great dialog, that most won't need any elaboration, I didn't find anything overly bad about it. They were just two fun characters up to some mischief with often amusing outcomes. 'I've smelt that aftershave before - and both times I've smelt a rat'. A quite brilliant ending that year
  • I don't know what "Mrs. Brown's Boys" is, so I can't say anything about that.

A British TV show that's somehow done fairly well (awards, etc) when it's average at best.
    I don't know what "Mrs. Brown's Boys" is, so I can't say anything about that.

A British TV show that's somehow done fairly well (awards, etc) when it's average at best.

I see.

That's probably the kindest review I've ever seen of it.

If you imagine a bucket filled with raw sewage, rotten eggs and the rancid entrails of a three week dead dog in televisual form you won't be far out. An absolute insult to the licence payer. Forget Savile it's the fact this garbage is broadcast that the BBC should really have to answer for at a public enquiry.
    Mr White was in Diamonds are Forever ?

Yes, this is a nonsense thread with all due respect, in that you're putting two of the greatest adversary characters of the franchise up against some obscure and limited screentime villain from another and making a choice of who was best villain/s

i'm not a fan of either of the three characters for me they are the worst in the whole series mr kill for his one line and worst name ever and wint and kidd for skipping about holding hands when they are meant to be killers there about as scary as the Easter bunny

so for this reason I posted this thread to see who else hates these characters and which is hated the most

That's probably the kindest review I've ever seen of it.

If you imagine a bucket filled with raw sewage, rotten eggs and the rancid entrails of a three week dead dog in televisual form you won't be far out. An absolute insult to the licence payer. Forget Savile it's the fact this garbage is broadcast that the BBC should really have to answer for at a public enquiry.

Mrs Browns Boys is a grate show I don't like it myself not a fan but my mother likes it so if shes watching the show shes is too busy to keep ringing our house phone every five minutes so for keeping my mother off the dam telephone I thank you BBC for Mrs Browns Boys

But if anyone on here wanted to watch it i wouldn't bother
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Mister Kill was a bland copy of Gabor and even less efficient. I don't understand the appeal. The laser fight? Please. Disco's dead, Lee, didn't you get the memo?

Wint and Kidd were pure gold. Wouldn't want DAF without them.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Mister Kill was a bland copy of Gabor and even less efficient. I don't understand the appeal. The laser fight? Please. Disco's dead, Lee, didn't you get the memo?

Wint and Kidd were pure gold. Wouldn't want DAF without them.

Exactly... to respond to the original poster: "Which of these two was the worst Bond villains "

"Worst bond villains and Kidd & Wint' shouldn't be in the same sentence.
    Good to see some support for Wint and Kidd here. I say it again, it's one main reason why I even bother to watch Diamonds are Forever now - and Jill St John is another factor. - They may be largely incompetent, but there's never a dull moment when they're on screen. Great elaborate plans trying to kill Bond (as with most adversaries throughout the history of James Bond) but they never quite work, and all that's left, is humor for the viewer. The ending on the cruise ship is comedy gold

Sometimes I think, would they have done better in another Bond release ? (around about the same time), but I think Diamonds works well for them
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The thing is, whatever DAF did or did not offer, it is a time capsule, a testament of the days in which it was made. Barry's jazz combined with the Vegas settings and whatnot give us a peak into the early 1970's. In that sense, it is like a picture of us when we were young, making the most ridiculous faces, but still something we keep in our wallets for nostalgic reasons. DAD, by comparison, is a compromising picture, showing us handcuffed in a police station. You feel embarrassed it exists and you can't erase it though you'd really want to. ;-)
  • JRRJRR
    edited March 2013 Posts: 74
    A serious villain needs to be able to throw Bond out of his comfort zone and plague his confidence to a point where even his unfaltering ability to succeed is at some point self-doubted.

The villain then appears to take the upper hand with a joyful vengeance intent on cracking Bonds psyche and all of his enthusiasm to challenge them.

The villain’s commitments to making Bond suffer, and observe the continuation of events they control from an uncomfortable distance, as they thrive in achieving their aims and maintain course to executing their master plan is wickedly spiteful.

The pressure remains relentless whilst Bond is mentally tortured and subjected to the villains every strategic ploy, this is designed to constantly trip him up; with the final objective desire, and not to be missed, ultimate satisfaction, to destroy him when he is within reach of defeating them.

Mr Kill, sadly failed to intimidate James Bond in Die Another Day; where as Mr Kidd & Mr Wint were skin crawlingly creepy, laced with a perversely and strangely perfumed air, that had the audience not just anticipating from the beginning, but almost desperate to know how Bond was going dispose of them.

I am kind of glad that their end was creative and fitting for a pair that had seen so many others slide off of their mortal coil under such devious circumstances.

From this perspective, this is Bond villainy evil genius… If you truly disliked the Mr Kidd & Mr Wint characters then the film accomplished the desired result.
    Mr Kill is my pick for the worst of the 2 choices.
    It was Mr Kil with only the one L wasn't it. But truly, that was one of the most vague and redundant characters the franchise ever saw. Still can't believe this thread was ever inaugurated. Kil is a nothing character, devoid of any worthwhile characteristics, while Wint and Kidd were for me, two of the greatest characters ever to be seen in Bond. It was more humor than anything else. There was nothing overly threatening about them, apart from maybe the killing of Tynan with the scorpion bite, and even then we didn't get to see the killings of Mrs Whistler or Shady Tree. I always found them amusing, or good entertainment above all else. For the last time, if ever the need arises for a watch of Diamonds are Forever, they are (along with Jill St John) probably the main reasons to view
    Wint and Kidd for sure. These guys are two of the camp-funniest Bond henchmen and deadly dangerous too. Talk about a couple of guys that really relished their work.
    Mr. Kil on the other hand - meh. We hardly knew you.
    They remind me of the Tuco character from The Good The Bad and the Ugly, except there's two of them. Comical, inept, clumsy and humorous, but at the same time, dangerous, and you have to keep an eye on them. There's always the propensity that they can always cause some trouble, or mischief, despite how incompetent, or far fetched, they may appear
    I would hesitate to call Wint and Kidd "inept." Sure they failed to kill Bond, even though they had 3 cracks at him, but they managed to put down everyone else they were tasked with eliminating, even if they failed to properly identify Tiffany Case.
    But even with their first attempt on Bond, he was as good as dead. It was only the discovery of the fake diamonds that saved Bond.
    Attempt #2 though - yes Wint and Kidd blew that one. Leaving Bond to be buried alive in a pipe was rather dicey. However by attempt #3 Bond was on to them, thus they were overmatched. It is Bond afterall that they were dealing with, so they were dead meat, once Bond got a whiff of that aftershave.
    We didn't see how they killed Whistler or Tree though. And was it them who actually killed Case ? Probably so, but quite tired now in my defense and not thinking on all fronts. The death (attempts) for Bond were elaborate, if nothing else, and while doomed to failure, there was some fun to be had. The ending on the ocean liner is always one of the highlights of that years movie release
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 4,622
    We do know how he killed Tree, although it took many years for the deleted scene to be released. The deleted scene is on the new blu-ray. It might have been included in the ultimate edition dvds of 2005 too, as I think the blu-ray are just the Ultimate edition dvds released in new format.
    Good point re Plenty though. I'm not 100% they did actually kill her, as they did know what Case looked like. Kidd remember liked the look of her as he eyeballed her on the flight to L.A, much to Wint's annoyance.
    This is a mystery. They were Blofeld's handpicked assassins, charged with closing the diamond pipleline, so killing Case should have fallen onto their docket.
    Maybe they were just so ruthless though, that they killed Plenty, just in case she might be the actual Tiffany Case, in case the Case they saw on the plane was an imposter.

@bondsum. Some very astute observations regarding DAF, from you on this thread.
    I too very much appreciate this highly entertaining Bond film. It's one of the smartest and most stylish entries in the series. It's high camp, but also very dark, dangerous and macbre in parts. One also can't underestimate the deft touches provided by Guy Hamilton and Tom Mankiewicz, not to mention the Barry score and Adam's set design (the Whyte House penthouse in particular) and of course another top-notch Bassey title song. Great Bond film. One of the most re-watchable in the series.
    I hate DAF, but hate DAD even more. Mr Kil was just a stupid name for a bad pun. And for all my dislike of DAF, I have to admit that Wint and Kidd were very competent killers: they left literally a tray of corpses behind them.