• edited December 2012 Posts: 546
    1.OHMSS
    2.Christmas Story
    3.Jingle All the Way
    4.Home Alone
    5.Home Alone 2
    6.Home Alone 3
    7.The Santa Claus (With Tim Allen)
    8.Christmas Rush (TBS movie with Dean Cain)
    9.Die Hard
    10.The Godfather
    From the little bits that i have seen? "Bad Santa"!!! :))
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 624
    A Christmas Story
    National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
    Home Alone
    Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
    Elf
    The Santa Clause
    Christmas With The Kranks
    The Polar Express
    "Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean" (TV episode of Mr. Bean)
    "Christmas, Who?" (TV episode of Spongebob Squarepants)
    "The Father Christmas Suit" (TV episode of Keeping up Appearances)

• OHMSS
    Die Hard
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Elf
    Christmas Vacation
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    This should answer this thread's question adequately...

http://georgesjournal.wordpress.com/2010/12/20/retro-crimbo-georges-top-10-festive-flicks/

Yeah, it's a shameless plug for my blog, but hey, it's Christmas. Well, nearly... :p
    Love Actually
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Black Christmas (1974).
    I just gotta post it here :
    Every year, on Christmas Eve at precisely 10:00 p.m. I sit back and watch Batman Returns. By the time the clock strikes midnight. Alfred will have said, "Well come what may, Merry Christmas, Mr. Wayne." and Bruce would have replied, "Merry Christmas Alfred.... Good will toward Men.... and Women."

I tell you the experience of watching this movie at those precise hours on christmas eve, is like feeling your part of the movie itself.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    What film/s is everyone watching on this Christmas Eve? Mine is Elf. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 40,473
    'Die Hard,' though I did see 'Love Actually' the other day and thought it was a great Christmas film.
    What film/s is everyone watching on this Christmas Eve? Mine is Elf. :)

I doubt I'll watch anything. I'll be spending a few hours with my grandparents, and then the rest of the evening/night at my aunt's with other family members.

I did get 'Die Hard 2' and 'Die Hard With A Vengeance' on blu-ray the other day, though, so maybe I'll do another runthrough of all four of them.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 1,143
    Xmas eve line up is a Christmas Carol followed by the Polar Express with a late night viewing of OHMSS to finish.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 14,829
    OHMSS, The Godfather 1 and 2. Anybody mentioned LOTR?
  • Guys? Don't you think Bond 24 should be the new Christmas/Winter Bond film?
  • I'm not that into Christmas movies, but Love Actually never ceases to amuse me and make me cry. :x
  • For a "classic" Xmas movie, no contest - It's a Wonderful Life. To see it in a theatre full of people is awe-inspiring - it's amazing how well it works on so many levels, and it's still completely relevant to our modern society.

For a "modern classic" I can't think of anything close to Love, Actually. In fact at my Xmas party this year my friends and I crammed together to watch it. Once that girl starts singing "All I Want for Christmas is You" (and it's actually her voice!) that's real movie magic.

It's not a movie, but the Doctor Who Xmas special from a couple of years ago - titled A Christmas Carol - was damn near note perfect IMHO. Something for every generation of the family, a sweet romance, and touch to boot. That may become a perennial favourite as well.
  • I'm watching my favourite Xmas film right now - OHMSS!!!!
  • DIE HARD, period.
    Guys? Don't you think Bond 24 should be the new Christmas/Winter Bond film?

It would be nice for some of the scenes to be set in winter/snowy environment. Have a badguy live in a castle near Innsbruck or a plae like this.

• Just while it's still relevant

and in no particular order -

Die Hard II (Die Harder)

It's a wonderful life

Holiday Inn

On Her Majestys Secret Service

Gremlins

Lethal Weapon

End of Days

Miracle on 34th Street

White Christmas

Money Train
    Oh, how could I forget: The French Connection.