Is it just me or is Skyfall loosing a bit of it's flavor?

edited December 2012 in News Posts: 27
It's been nearly a month since I left the theater with the feeling that Skyfall was all that I hoped it would be, though my opinion of Bond 23 seems to have defated a little. So help me out here everyone, is the feeling mutual, or do I just need to back out and see it again, and soon?

Comments

well basicly you do not understand the movie and its underlying theme, there are enough folks on this site that will point you in the right direction namely that it is an awesome movie and if you do not agree you are just not smart enough. ;)

I myself am waiting for the dvd release so I can see how I really feel about the movie. Until then I enjoy myself with the SC, GL & RM movies which I know make me feel good.
  • socaljon3 wrote:
    It's been nearly a month since I left the theater with the feeling that Skyfall was all that I hoped it would be, though my opinion of Bond 23 seems to have defated a little. So help me out here everyone, is the feeling mutual, or do I just need to back out and see it again, and soon?

If anything I'm slightly pissed off that I can't see it a third time. With a film like The Avengers, the second time I saw it my opinion deflated like you said. When I see a film twice and I still enjoy it as much (as with TDKR which I saw three times), then it's definitely solid.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Tobester95 wrote:

If anything I'm slightly pissed off that I can't see it a third time.

Err you could go to the cinema and watch it again. Theres no law against it.

Or have you become bedridden since your first viewings? In which case my apologies.
  • I think he means it's no longer showing in his area perhaps, but all is not lost as it will soon be available for home release

Has it lost any of it's flavor ? I don't think so as I didn't really get bored even after a third viewing, and sometimes you have to see any movie more than once just to take everything in, this release was no different

I've read numerous reports of fans being less than happy with it, but that's fine as it's all about opinions and you can see why some may be a little frustrated with it. For one thing, there were no gadgets, just a simple signature gun (once again) and a homing device (once again), and some of the action was a bit muddled or far fetched if we're honest with ourselves, but it justified the initial hype I feel and was a fitting release for the 50th year celebrations. The title designs were quite brilliant, and Klienman takes all the accolades going for his fine work once again, even the theme song wasn't too bad to be truthful and Craig may be talked of, by some as being up there with Connery for his all round Bond-ness, but I feel he's hasn't quite reached that level yet
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Quite the opposite, in fact. The film has gotten better and better with each subsequent viewing. I cannot wait for it to come out on blu-ray.
    Certainly hasn't lost any of its flavor for me. Just getting better, in fact. Planning a 4th viewing in the very near future.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tuulia wrote:
    Certainly hasn't lost any of its flavor for me. Just getting better, in fact. Planning a 4th viewing in the very near future.

You sound like me. I'm awaiting my fifth viewing this weekend. I'm quite excited.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 14,862
  • Before seeing Skyfall I was hearing mixed emotions from my friends. I had to absolutely see it for myself. After watching it I literally wanted to turn right back around and watch it again. I'm a fan of Skyfall!
This discussion has been closed.