Tim Burton's BATMAN vs Chris Nolan's Batman which is your favorite Batman version.

edited November 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 71
Nolan’s Batman trilogy is complete now so which version do you prefer Nolan or Burton and why ?

Comments

Burton style suits the character better, but dark knight rises is the best bat-movie.
    http://whatculture.com/film/15-reasons-tim-burtons-batman-is-better-than-chris-nolans-the-dark-knight.php/2
  • AliAli
    *whisper* I prefer Michael Keaton! Especially in Batman Returns. And Michelle Pfeiffer has been scientifically proven to be 52.48 times sexier as Catwoman than Anne Hathaway.
    Ali wrote:
    *whisper* I prefer Michael Keaton! Especially in Batman Returns. And Michelle Pfeiffer has been scientifically proven to be 52.48 times sexier as Catwoman than Anne Hathaway.
    exactly what i think.
    I definitley think Michael Keaton was the best and the two Burton films are superior to the Nolan ones in my humble opinion, can't argue with the Michelle Pfeiffer comment either!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    There's no contest. Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy encompasses everything that is Batman.
  • RC7RC7
    edited November 2012 Posts: 10,512
    Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy encompasses everything that is Batman.

Strange statement given the breadth of comics out there. It focuses on one aspect and executes it very well. There are many incarnations that haven't even been near the screen.

Well believe it or not i have only seen the first Nolan Batman! %-( X_X So in comparing the two? I would go with Tim Burton's film as it has the stronger villain brilliantly played by Jack Nicholson. Once i get around to seeing the other two Nolan Batman movies? I may change my mind? ;)
    Now that Nolan’s Batman trilogy is complete and can be judged as a whole, I have to say that overall I think Burton's Batman nudges past Nolan's version. There are things that I really like about Batman Begins, yet I much prefer the action set pieces and tone of Burton's vision. I also found it odd that Nolan abandoned his own vision of Gotham after Begins and substituted it with Chicago for TDK and obvious stand-in New York for TDKR. The trouble was those settings just looked like NYC and CC and not Gotham. I also prefer Burton's gadget-laden batmobile to the tank-like tumbler.

Is it me or do others find it odd that a lot of TDK and BB's action set pieces are derivative of Batman 89? There used to be a great video on Youtube that gave a shot-by-shot comparison which underlined my original thoughts. Sadly, I've only managed to find this one...
  • AliAli
    Have to also say that Elfman's eclectic Batman score is far more suited to his director's vision than Zimmer's phoned in scores. Only a couple of bars of Zimmer actually sound recognisable and get repeated over and over.
    bondsum wrote:
    Now that Nolan’s Batman trilogy is complete and can be judged as a whole, I have to say that overall I think Burton's Batman nudges past Nolan's version. There are things that I really like about Batman Begins, yet I much prefer the action set pieces and tone of Burton's vision. I also found it odd that Nolan abandoned his own vision of Gotham after Begins and substituted it with Chicago for TDK and obvious stand-in New York for TDKR. The trouble was those settings just looked like NYC and CC and not Gotham. I also prefer Burton's gadget-laden batmobile to the tank-like tumbler.

Is it me or do others find it odd that a lot of TDK and BB's action set pieces are derivative of Batman 89? There used to be a great video on Youtube that gave a shot-by-shot comparison which underlined my original thoughts. Sadly, I've only managed to find this one...
    great post.I also liked Burtons Gotham better it looked great.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I vote for Adam West.
    I vote for Adam West.

this is a joke ? M.Keaton by far.
  • Dalton12 wrote:
    I vote for Adam West.

this is a joke ? M.Keaton by far.
    Keaton is better Batman more scarier and intimidating and Ch.Bale is better as Bruce Wayne just my opinion.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm not a Batman fan, but I do like Keaton in both Batman & Batman Returns. I have seen the first two Nolan films but they didn't grab me and i'm in no rush to see TDKR.
    Nolans movies doesnt have the atmosphere that burton movies had batman isnt suposed to be totally realistic.
  • Batman 89 is a good movie but returns is way too depressing TDKR is my favorite.
    007bond762 wrote:
    Batman 89 is a good movie but returns is way too depressing TDKR is my favorite.

Batman returns depressing? its one of the best bat movies and it had Michell Pfeiffer as catwomen :D
  • Dalton12 wrote:
    this is a joke ?

Yes it was.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Ali wrote:
    exactly what i think.
    I subscribe to this interpretation as well.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Every single thing about Nolan's Batman is better for me although Elfman's score is more memorable.

I can't take those Burton films seriously any more, Returns is the better film but they have no cohesiveness to them and just feel like a bunch of set pieces strung together with barely any story. The last time I watched Batman it amazed how little actual story there is.

I think TDK is easily the best of Nolan's 3 films and Rises the worst of the bunch, Begins is a cracking intro.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
This discussion has been closed.