Miss Moneypenny

edited November 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 5
My 13 year old nephew saw SkyFall on Saturday and asked why Bond had no bullet hole from the long range shot from
Miss Moneypenny, any one know the answer ?

Comments

IanS wrote:
    My 13 year old nephew saw SkyFall on Saturday and asked why Bond had no bullet hole from the long range shot from
    I thought that it was right next to his other wound from Patrice...but maybe I'll have to look for that again.
    you could be correct...
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 774
    From memory he has two scars, one is less obvious and is on his trap (the sloped muscle from the neck down to the shoulder) and the other is the big one on his chest from Patrice.
    Volante wrote:
    From memory he has two scars, one is less obvious and is on his trap (the sloped muscle from the neck down to the shoulder) and the other is the big one on his chest from Patrice.

Yes, Eve's bullet grazed just to the side of his neck, leaving a small scar.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Anyone notice this isn't news?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Anyone notice this isn't news?

I did, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt because he's a new user.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Volante wrote:

You are correct, but I think both of them were quite obvious, at least I spotted them immediately.
    I don't think it's obvious at all. Eve's shot looked more like an impact shot to the chest that propelled Bond from the train carriage more than a graze to the neck or shoulder. Maybe on repeated viewings it becomes clearer but I certainly didn't see the neck/shoulder scars on first viewing as my attention was mostly focused on his chest scar tissue. Also, didn't Bond say something to Eve about only having broken ribs from her shot later in the movie? This would imply that the shot was far lower down.
    bondsum wrote:
    Also, didn't Bond say something to Eve about only having broken ribs from her shot later in the movie? This would imply that the shot was far lower down.

I figured the '4 broken ribs, some of the less vital organs' he mentioned were a result of the fall, not the gunshot.
    But he fell on his back, almost head-first during that plunge. Also, when the bullet struck him it propelled him clear of the bridge with only the water as the last obstacle. Then we saw him slide down a few gentle rapids on his back before he fell feet-first into deeper water. I'm not saying you're wrong @Volante, just that it wasn't made clear.
    bondsum wrote:
    But he fell on his back, almost head-first during that plunge. Also, when the bullet struck him it propelled him clear of the bridge with only the water as the last obstacle. Then we saw him slide down a few gentle rapids on his back before he fell feet-first into deeper water. I'm not saying you're wrong @Volante, just that it wasn't made clear.

It was just the assumption that I made based on where the second scar was and what else could've caused the injuries he talked about. Unless he was just joking about them. I agree, wasn't really made clear where he was hit by Eve.
  • I seem to recall that he had a second less prominent scar on the same shoulder from Eve's shot. But I have to agree when I first saw the movie it was one of things that confused me most.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I have no way to check right now but I seem to recall he fell in the water with his back first, which would explain the ribs. Then the rapids and we see a woman's hand grabing him, I would suppose it's him being saved. From the moment we see a giant hand pulling him down feet first it's title sequence, not "real" anymore.
  • IanS wrote:
    How'd he know there wasn't one?

thanks to everyone for the clarification. I only noticed the scar from the bullets from Patrice.....
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Sandy wrote:
    I have no way to check right now but I seem to recall he fell in the water with his back first, which would explain the ribs. Then the rapids and we see a woman's hand grabing him, I would suppose it's him being saved. From the moment we see a giant hand pulling him down feet first it's title sequence, not "real" anymore.

I noticed that after my third viewing today: the hand that initially grabs him is much, much smaller than the large hand pulling him into the hole in the title sequence. I just let it be implied that the woman we see him making love to after the title sequence is the one who saved him, possibly a Honey Ryder type who was just underwater when she saw him.

Either that, or he had to have been close to the beach area we see him drinking at. When he fell over the waterfall, he was obviously underwater, and would have taken in so much water that he would have died, if not succumbing to the bullet wounds. So, I say either she saved him, or he somehow came to and made his way to the little island getaway we see him at.

That's how I look at it, anyway.