"HUNTED" New BBC spy drama.

edited October 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 12,506
Did anybody else here in the UK watch this tonight. It is from the same people who brought us "Spooks". Very entertaining and the leading lady is pretty hot too.

From the kick off its pretty in your face, and there is one assassination you will go Urghhh at as it makes go OMG! Did the BBC really let that go through? Certainly worth a watch. Think the story will arc through the entire first season?

What do you think?

Comments

• edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Thought about watching it but didn't bother. Might give it a watch on iplayer some other time, it seems cool.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 103
    They ripped off the table top computers from Quantum of Solace. That is all.
  • Eye, Eye

Reminds me of the deep fat fryer in season 1 of spooks
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Big fan of Melissa George right here. I didn't see it, but I Sky+ it. I'll watch it tomorrow and post my thoughts (i'll still watch all 8 episodes though).
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    I find it hard to watch Melissa George without seeing her in Neighbours. Still, I thought it looked kinda cool. Will watch it on iPlayer sometime this week.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    @doubleonothing Home & Away old chap. She was the only reason to watch that inferior Aussie soap. Neighbours ruled!
    RyanKint wrote:
    Eye, Eye

Reminds me of the deep fat fryer in season 1 of spooks

My thoughts exactly! Won't be surprised if people complain about it? Some people it seems have nothing else better to do!

Don't watch any of the Aussie soaps? But can happily watch Melissa George though! 8->
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,894
    That was rather good, I was pleasantly suprised to find it not as action heavy as I was expecting. The fights were a bit too Bourne/Bond influenced, but I had a feeling that they would turn out that way. Still, I would rather watch Melissa George knock seven bells out of someone in such a way than Matt Damon or Daniel Craig.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I watched it and enjoyed it even though I doubled up at the moment everyone here is alluding to.
    As for Melissa George, I have never seen her before but after watching last night I told my wife I had finally found the woman I would leave her for.
    She said 'Yes, I heard you shout ''What a woman!'' '

If anyone is interested in seeing more of Melissa George, then i'd recommend; Triangle (2009), A Lonely Place To Die (2011), 30 Days Of Night (2007) & The Betrayed (2008) to start with.
    Thought it was dull,boring and poorly acted. Nowhere near as good as Spooks. Melissa George is hot though!
    I like it - it's like an updated Brian Clemens production.
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Thought it was dull,boring and poorly acted. Nowhere near as good as Spooks. Melissa George is hot though!

I dearly loved Spooks and was sad to see if end. But i think you need to give it another episode or two maybe?
    For me, she will still be that bitch from Alias. I might try to catch the series if it comes to France.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    LeChiffre wrote:

I dearly loved Spooks and was sad to see if end. But i think you need to give it another episode or two maybe?

To be fair I was on this site at the time so was a little distracted so in the words of Brosnan as he retorts to M in Goldeneye, "point taken!" Have to re-watch on Iplayer to get a new perspective. Also Id love to love to Rupert-Penry Jones aka Adam Carter from Spooks in some capacity in a Bond flick. Fine actor. Maybe as an MI6 colleague or would that be type-casting?!

• ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    Didn't even realise it was on yet. I'll have a look in iplayer and see if I want to stick with it. I do like Melissa so I should make the effort. :)
  • Terrific stuff. Fills the Spooks-shaped hole very well.

Anon - who is Brian Clemens?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,802
    thamesider wrote:
    Anon - who is Brian Clemens?

Oh, only the producer of The Avengers (John Steed and Emma Peel, not Captain America and others) and The Professionals (the CI5 agents, not Woody Strode and Burt Lancaster). Among other things. One of the true legends of british television, along with Terry Nation and Gerry Anderson.
    For those of you like me who watched the first episode? Did you get a feeling that the assassin who killed the Dr has a touch of the Anton Chigurh about him? Especially with that haircut! Javier would be proud! :D
    The excellent spooks I believe has influenced Skyfall. Melissa George made one of the coolest little horror films you will ever see. The hardest part of any movie is to get the ending right, this one will blow you away - Triangle. She almost nailed Alias, it was her or Jennifer - so what goes around comes around or is that Triangle? PS check out Who out Bonded Bond? in Literary 007 for the ultimate female spy who was never taken seriously by the entertainment community.
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Watched about half an hour of the first episode before giving up on it. Found it bland, cliched and rather silly. And Ms. George's perma-pout got on my nerves. I'll stick with the magnificent 'Homeland'.
  • @Gerard - many thanks! I wasn't aware he was behind those shows. Quite an illustrious resume.

@RogueAgent - I like the fact that in the credits he was listed only as "blank-faced man". You'd think that the crime lord would check out the basic dossier of the man with whom he is engaged in nefarious dealings, such as making sure the one you talk to is the same as the one who turns up. But I'm not going to let that ruin my enjoyment.
    Just watched episode 2. Very enjoyable again, some pretty full on stuff too! The Blank Faced Man is gonna be one of those freaky charactors i think!
    Having enjoyed the series as a whole, i was a little disappointed with the finale. Wanted to see what would happen with the Blanked face man? Obviously left it open for a second season, should the BBC commission it?

Anyone else have a view on it that watched the whole series?
    The BBC haven't picked this up for a second series according to reports. I too was disappointed with the finale as it didn't make much sense. Is she indestructible then?

It ended pretty much like Skyfall began.
    Seemingly indestructible... or it could be that her death was faked? Remember we never heard Crane's response to Keel's question 'what would you do?' referring to the other assassin coming after her. My best guess; Crane contacted Sam and came up with a plan - think Pushkin in TLD.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Yes, it was probably faked... which tends to be de rigueur of modern spy capers. I suppose we have to assume that Sam didn't lose her baby after all and she had a friend look after it for her while she ran around London in a beanie beating up men? Also, how did she know that someone was going to attempt to drown her in a bath, which was the reason for all that plunging and timing herself underwater at the farm?

I understand that Cinemax is working with series creator Frank Spotnitz on a new incarnation of the show about spy Sam Hunter (Melissa George). “We are making plans with creator and executive producer Frank Spotnitz and star Melissa George to present a new chapter in the Sam Hunter mythology,” Kary Antholis, President, HBO Miniseries and Cinemax Programming, said in a statement to Deadline. “We are very pleased with what Hunted has done for Cinemax’s brand and are very excited about what lies ahead.”

As for BBC’s decision to drop Hunted after Season 1, network sources point to the series’ ratings declines from 4.5 million viewers for the series premiere to 2.6 million for the most recent sixth episode, noting that the series hasn’t been able to find “mainstream audience.” But, like in the U.S., Hunted is doing well in time-shifted viewing, adding some 40% to its Live+ ratings via DVR and on-demand.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/cinemax-eyes-new-incarnation-of-hunted-with-frank-spotnitz-and-melissa-george/
    Yeah i wondered where the hell the baby came from? :O And also the real identity of the MI6 mole? :-?
  • RogueAgent wrote:
    Yeah i wondered where the hell the baby came from? :O And also the real identity of the MI6 mole? :-?

She didn't loose the baby when she was shot in the first episode.
    RogueAgent wrote:

She didn't loose the baby when she was shot in the first episode.

Yeah but it was as good as given that she had? However? Should a second season get made? Then i guess we will see what will develop?