CAN DALTON COME BACK INTO THE ROLE OF 007 AFTER CRAIGS DEPARTURE?

Comments

@acopolla. I've said this before but Dalton, a man of the theatre, and Harlin, a man known for directing loud action films, don't strike me as a very compattable match.
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,243
    BAIN123 wrote:
    @acopolla. I've said this before but Dalton, a man of the theatre, and Harlin, a man known for directing loud action films, don't strike me as a very compattable match.

True. him and Dalton would have clashed on set. Dalton has a temper and does not bend over to please others! He would have head butted Harlin unconscious! There would be blood.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Let's not forget the fall out he and Glen had on the set of Licence To Kill.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Let's not forget the fall out he and Glen had on the set of Licence To Kill.

Yes. He clashed with Glen and pulled out of the Columbus film when he heard Glen was directing. I heard he was not happy that Glen was not supporting the actors to make the film even better.

bring back Darts!
    i mean dalts ... pesky auto correct
    I want to see him as Simon Skinner in Hot Fuzz again :(
  • no. he would be about 70! That said, SUCH a shame he is not M to Craig's 007..he is like Fiennes afterall and they would have chemistry. Shame they do not do audio adventures like Dr Who 'Big Finish': a Dalton adventure narrated by the man himself would be great!
  • NO NO NO NO NO!!!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    a Dalton adventure narrated by the man himself would be great!
    Yes!!!!~
  • Just browsing the net and came across this:

tumblr_mamycb0Itb1rn9u6vo2_500.gif

He's definitely still got it
    It's amazing Chuck lived..... :O
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wish no disrespect to any Daltonites (I like his Bond too), but this is just impossible. All these threads wondering if so and so can return as Bond are all farce when you get down to it.
    I wish no disrespect to any Daltonites (I like his Bond too), but this is just impossible. All these threads wondering if so and so can return as Bond are all farce when you get down to it.

Unfortunately and fortunately at the same time, yes, I agree. I say yes because I'd hate for the likes of Lazenby to get another shot at Bond, and I'd love to see Brosnan get his proper fifth outing. However, as everyone knows, Daniel's not really going anywhere at the moment, and by the time he gets out, even the youngest of our former Bond lot, Brosnan, would be a little too old to return. And I say this as someone who would give anything to have Pierce come back! It's just unfortunate that flat logic tells me otherwise.
    If Boyd's Bond novel will feature a middle aged Bond then why not??? I thought he was superb in Hot Fuzz
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisM wrote:
    If Boyd's Bond novel will feature a middle aged Bond then why not??? I thought he was superb in Hot Fuzz
    Let's see how the reaction to the book goes first.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The movies aren't the books.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm a Daltonite but honestly, he's somewhere between 66 and 68. A little 'off range' for Bond - no?
    I love Dalton as Bond. But no way would he be able to come back. He has so much integrity that he would say NO WAY!

He is Bond forever anyway. Even his haters are talking about him like it was yesterday. I watched Lazenby because I heard the worst and perversely valued his film highly.

Dalton achieved so much in two films and it is testament to his talent as an actor. I saw SF two days ago, and Dalton as Bond hold his own. Him and Craig are in leagues of their own. Father and son.

• If the series was ever going to end they should bring back Dalton and do a film with an older Bond on his last mission.
    Dalton is in his sixties now. Brozza is in his late 50's. Lets enjoy Craig and see who EON comes up with new after his departure. He should be in his late 40's by the time he wraps his next two Bond pictures.
  • OHMSS69 wrote:
    Dalton is in his sixties now. Brozza is in his late 50's. Lets enjoy Craig and see who EON comes up with new after his departure. He should be in his late 40's by the time he wraps his next two Bond pictures.

I am pretty pleased we have at least a couple of more Craig movies on tap before the franchise has to really start thinking about where to go in future.

• Maybe Connery or Moore should come back too? Ever heard about too old??
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 158
    I don't think it realistic for Dalton to come back.

However, a one-off two-hour TV drama could imagine life of an old Bond. He has led a life as an agent, international travel, fast cars and women, but now his vision is poor, he has diabetes and lives in an old people's home. There are occasional glimpses of the old Bond. He has his memories and he has regrets that he never settled down. Maybe he sometimes hints to the inmates that he was a spy, but nobody ever takes him seriously. I could see Dalton doing something like this. Maybe we can't use the Bond name, but the audience would get the idea.
    I may have said this before, but I'd *LOVE* to have a CGI animated Bond movie featuring Dalton's Bond voiced by the man himself. Or a whole series of them.

Please, oh please... [-O<
  • I must of been away when all this was underway or even inaugurated

Bottom line is, Dalton can never return as Bond, I felt he was too old for the part by Goldeneye, and the idea of having the man return into the 21st century, seems ludicrous. Craig is going to do another release, and may well do another, so that's another four of five years on the Dalton clock, so you do the math. Dalton was the best Bond, maybe not the greatest, but his time has passed regrettably

There will be no comeback
    There will be no comeback

Certainly not in the conventional live action sense....
  • ^ see, I can't speak for the general public, but I'd pay GOOD MONEY to see that movie
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    That is great! I'd also pay good money to see it; well done!