Is it just me that thinks Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises is basically a Bond film?

2»

Comments

• mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    Anne Hathaway would make a perfect Moneypenny don't you think?
    Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Felix Leiter.

Let's change that to Aaron Eckhart, Gordon-Levitt would be too young to be Felix. Eckhart and Daniel Craig are the same age, and I see both Felix and Bond as close to equivalent.

• edited November 2012 Posts: 17
    You can definitely see the Bondian influnces in Nolan's blockbuster work (Bane could have practically walked out of a Bond movie & Inception is pretty much OHMSS + Sleep :))), so much so I would say that Nolan's big-budget work is essentially him auditioning for EON. I think if it does not come to pass that Nolan helms at least one entry in the Bond franchise, then something has gone horribly wrong. Once Craig is done, it's a no-brainer for MGW and BB to enlist Nolan to launch the next chapter of 007.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Pauly_T wrote:
    You can definitely see the Bondian influnces in Nolan's blockbuster work (Bane could have practically walked out of a Bond movie & Inception is pretty much OHMSS + Sleep :))), so much so I would say that Nolan's big-budget work is essentially him auditioning for EON. I think if it does not come to pass that Nolan helms at least one entry in the Bond franchise, then something has gone horribly wrong. Once Craig is done, it's a no-brainer for MGW and BB to enlist Nolan to launch the next chapter of 007.
    I couldn't for the life of me picture Bane in a Bond film. Maybe a Moore one, but never in the serious/good ones.
  • Granted the voice and mask are quite fantastical, but is Bane really any more flamboyant than Silva in Skyfall? They're both boisterous and charming yet simultaneously chilling and terrifying.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Pauly_T wrote:
    Granted the voice and mask are quite fantastical, but is Bane really any more flamboyant than Silva in Skyfall? They're both boisterous and charming yet simultaneously chilling and terrifying.
    Bane isn't charming at all. I see Bane as an arrogant killing machine.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Pauly_T wrote:
    Granted the voice and mask are quite fantastical, but is Bane really any more flamboyant than Silva in Skyfall? They're both boisterous and charming yet simultaneously chilling and terrifying.
    Bane isn't charming at all. I see Bane as an arrogant killing machine.
    :)