Over & Out

edited November 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 86
And for any who've served, they'll no this is rude.

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    That's good. I admire your changing of mind and your attitude of coming back to ask apologizes. That was very respectful and I liked that. However the use of the bad words, and remindscence of the nazism wasn't nice. Even before fighting out and/or yelling, you should think about saying it before you get regretting like you did right now, and ending up by hurting someone's feelings.

As for the threads, they're closed because, there is already something about the Same topic that you're talking about that already exists. So the mods try to avoid the double-threads or even triple-threads of the same thing being discussed.

And before they close your thread, most commomly they'll add the link of the existing thread so you can post your opinion there. ;)
  • Credit to you for apologizing, just be more thoughtfull with what you type online certain subject matter is always going to offend even if it just a outburst of frustration. Think the majority of time certainly in my experience mods tend to post a link for a repeated subject of discussion.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 86
    GONE

Cheers

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The title of your thread about Craig looking like a second rate bouncer was just the sort of thing that creates flame wars and arguments. Basically it was provocative.

I closed it but I forgot to go back and add a reason, apologies for that.
    I think, someone, who came off like that in the first place, ain't gonna change just because...my two..

..and asking for a closing reason, when you post a thread with a title like that is just...how do we call that? Inappropriate, unreflective? You are the kind of person, who causes a lot of waves for nothing, just to make sure, everybody hears you.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Agentprovo wrote:
    To all, If I caused any upset from the use of the word nazi or my rant, then I apologise, it's just really really, really frustrating when a thread is closed before it gets started because somewhere in the past someone has said something similar.

If the MOD's must close a thread then please, please, please give a good reason & add a link to the existing thread, it would avoid people getting angry.

I do think though that individuals should have the ability to remove their details, just a point.

You can judge it without getting annoyed by the way he looks. And no that doesn't mean you have to like him as Bond. :-w

We had plenty of that btw , ranging from "teh russian wrestler" to "Vladimir Putin". I often wondered how the people who post something like that look themselves. :-w
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 6,601
    NicNac wrote:
    The title of your thread about Craig looking like a second rate bouncer was just the sort of thing that creates flame wars and arguments. Basically it was provocative.

I see no reason whatsoever to apologize. There was NO reason to explain the closing. It explained by itsself.

Personally I don't think, he shoud be allowed back. he is just bending his head in order to cause the next trouble in a while. Mark my words...this is just another DRESSED TO ANNOY..
  • Germanlady wrote:
    NicNac wrote:

I see no reason whatsoever to apologize. There was NO reason to explain the closing. It explained by itsself.

Personally I don't think, he shoud be allowed back. he is just bending his head in order to cause the next trouble in a while. Mark my words...this is just another DRESSED TO ANNOY..

He apologized i think anyone deserves another chance.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 1,215
    Germanlady wrote:
    NicNac wrote:

Easy there... Posts like that will do more harm than good in the long run. Let's not be so quick to condemn.
    You just wait and see...sometimes being toooo good and fair, just creates the opposite of what's intended. There are enough examples for that. But go for it anyway, if you absolutely have to...
    I don't want to get into a slanging match with anyone. Some people can accept an apology in the manor it was intended. However there are always those who are automatically prejudiced to anyone who disagrees with their point of view, quick to judge without any comprehension of the person they are decrying, I'm new to this, so cut me some slack, I may be viewed as provocative, but I'm older, I still think it's OK to criticise, everything needs to be shaken up a bit on occasion.

Regarding the original thread I've posted my comments to the correct thread if anyone's interested. I like Daniel Craig as Bond, I don't like the cut of his suit, it's a POV that's all.

• edited November 2012 Posts: 1,215
    Well let's hope for the best until we're proven otherwise. The forums have been pretty dreary as of late, let's get the fun back into discussing Bond. ;)
    Can't say I've missed things like this.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    I personally have a pretty low tolerance for this kind of behaviour. In your short time here you have broken the terms and conditions of the site on numerous occasions and have been extremely insulting and provocative.
    If the moderators close a thread, there is usually a very good reason for doing so. If you wanted to address it with us, you could always have privately messaged one of us with your concerns. Instead, you resorted to opening a thread that was a direct and insulting attack on the very people who keep this site running.
    You have also made some pretty inexcusable insults towards other members. I've moderated other forums where this behaviour would have resulted in an instant an permanent ban.
    Do I forgive you? Well, I'll just say that I accept your apology, but that's not the same thing as forgiveness. Neither will I forget. So, you have been given another chance, but I would strongly urge you to consider your behaviour from now on if you wish to remain on this site.
    So, no more rants, insults, duplicate threads, double posts or any other breech of the T&Cs from now on.
    Ordinarily I would address this privately to you, but it is important for other members to see that we simply will not stand for this behaviour and that there will be consequences for anyone who uses abusive or hateful language to members of this forum.
    Look I've had the hard talk.

Don't both posting the usual good riddance, no great loss rubbish it's just so petty.
    Agentprovo wrote:

I don't think this sites for me, especially when certain elements don't want to accept that not everyone agrees with them.

So I think I'll seek more reasoned discussion elsewhere.

Don't both posting the usual good riddance, no great loss rubbish it's just so petty.

Personally I find that if you post maturely and respectfully people will accept pretty much any opinion you post, and there'll always be someone to agree with you. Some of the most reasoned and intelligent discussion I've found on the internet, if you post nicely.

Shame things didn't work out for you here.
  • Agentprovo wrote:

I don't think this sites for me, especially when certain elements don't want to accept that not everyone agrees with them.

So I think I'll seek more reasoned discussion elsewhere.

I wish you well and good luck
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Germanlady seems quite passionate. [-X
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 6,601
    JamesCraig wrote:
    Germanlady seems quite passionate. [-X

And I stand by that and will for as long as they don't stop me. I relly don't have a soft spot for people like that. Do you?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Ahhhhhhh... The air feels a bit more pure around here.
    3882.jpg
  • Last Comment.

Petty, Petty, Petty!

Please will others flag this as I have before these people destroy your sight
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Agentprovo wrote:
    Last Comment.

Petty, Petty, Petty!

Please will others flag this as I have before these people destroy your sight
    I flag every comment you make. :)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well, this thread has served it's purpose. Closing it down.
This discussion has been closed.