Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    So, it's looking like India will be favoured over South Africa - nice!

Let's hope the shoot goes OK. If like we've heard we're in India first, in November, does that mean M could be going to India!...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2011 Posts: 15,696
    Quoting Samuel001: So, it's looking like India will be favoured over South Africa - nice!
    What have you been smoking?

For once Bond could have visited South Africa, and now you prefer him visiting India for a 2nd time ?

A very bad decision if they go to India instead of S. Africa.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,352
    Quoting DaltonCraig007: What have you been smoking?
    Don't insult me.
    Quoting DaltonCraig007: For once Bond could have visited South Africa, and now you prefer him visiting
    India for a 2nd time ?
    If South Africa is that loved by the Bond crew they'll go there one day. Maybe for Bond 24. I'd like to think India serves this film much better than Africa does, hence the choice of location - but we'll see.
    Quoting Samuel001: So, it's looking like India will be favoured over South Africa - nice!
    Why does everyone think it's either South Africa or India? Why can't both be shooting locations for Bond 23?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Let's just say that until official announcements are made, I prefer to merely speculate on where they'll be shooting eventually. No reason to suspect that this is definite. That said, if it came down to choosing either India or S. Africa, I prefer the place Bond's never visited before, at least on film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Quoting PanchitoPistoles: Why does everyone think it's either South Africa or India? Why can't both be shooting locations for Bond 23?
    Honestly, I don't want another with film a location change every 10 minutes like in QOS. Do we really have to visit 6+ countries per film?
    So they got the script where they want it?
    Don't know, the article doesn't sound genuine. It says "The movie will be shot in Mumbai and Goa during the monsoon season on a month-long schedule", that would mean they wouldn't start before June 2012 to start shooting. Seems a bit tight timewise to me for a November 2012 release.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Often a location will be used for a brief scene, or a PTS. Madagascar was used for one sequence in CR. It's quite possible both of these locations will be used.
    Why can't they go to both? They've done a lot of location shooting of late.
    As for why it must be either South Africa or India, this link was posted in the India thread:

"Reportedly, the makers plan to shoot a significant portion of the film in a foreign location. The toss- up right now seems to be between India and South Africa. A team has been scouting for shooting sites around the scenic Konkan Railway line between Mumbai and Mangalore. It's all too early to talk about. If they decide on a location they like in India, the next step will be to obtain official permission to shoot here," said a trade source in Mumbai.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/site/story/james-bond-india-007-flick/1/135564.html
    How about Hashima Island, Japan? Call me crazy, but it would make an awesome villain base.