Craig Says: "I'd love to make a Bond film in Brazil"

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited October 2012 in News Posts: 2,635
http://entretenimento.br.msn.com/cinema/entrevistas/adoraria-fazer-um-filme-de-james-bond-no-brasil-diz-daniel-craig

007's Skyfall Actor afirms that would change the martinis for a caipirinha

With the longevous character of the cinema's history completing 50 years, 007 Skyfall comes to the theathers this Friday, the 23th adventure of James Bond, the secret agent with license to kill. Daniel Craig and Barbara Broccoli had participated on the last October's 11 of an exclusive chat with 15 brazilian journalists, on the Sony Pictures's head office in São Paulo. See the best moments:

Speaking in direct transmission from NYC, the couple showed themselves excited with the new movie of the franchise. Craig recognized that he's not the guy of smiling too much in the film of the series, but defended his more taciturn version of the british agent. "I'm not a stand up comediant. I try to make the character the most real as possible. I just laugh to ease the tension", he said.

Albert Broccoli's daughter, producer that discovered Sean Connery and took Bond to the theaters in many ocasions, Barbara had regretted not being able to reveal the meaning of the title 'Skyfall', that as she says, it's a secret that the spectator needs to discover seeing the film. "It's not based in any Fleming's story [007's series author], but it has a very Fleming's spirit on it. I think that the title reflects on it too, and you need to see the movie to know what it means."

Barbara had followed the shooting of every of the franchise chapters, including Moonraker (1979) which had scenes shooted in Rio de Janeiro. "I drunk many caipirinhas when i was there", she revealed. "It was fun to film on Brazil. I don't have a doubt that we would favor to return." The comment came on when Craig was questioned about imagining a Bond movie fully filmed in the country. "For me, he'd shoot in Brazil right now. I'd love it."

Craig also told how does he indentifies himself with the great male that his character is, but clarifies that the times are other. "I love cars, women, but in a different way than Ian Fleming thought", he jokes, refering himself about his gentle behavior with the female public. "The men's atitudes has changed, but i like the fact that Bond conserves his way."

Caipirinha, please

The 44 old actor says he loves action movies. "I'm a big fan of the series, i like action movies, i love a Blockbuster. This kind of film allows you to develop your character, even if it is within the limits of a James Bond.'

Asked if the spy trade the martini by caipirinha if it came to the country, Craig did not hesitate: "I know Daniel Craig enjoys a caipirinha", the actor said, laughing.

Known for rarely use stunts, he said he had not gone through the most serious problems during filming. "Do not hurt me, I had only a few minor bruises. During training I came to sprain an ankle, had to stop for a week, but that was it."

Daniel Craig returns to the role for the third time alongside Judi Dench (7th participation in the franchise) as 'M', the head of MI6. In the cast are also award-winning Spanish actor Javier Bardem as the villain Raoul Silva, English Naomie Harris as Agent Eve and the beautiful French actress Bérénice Marlohe as the mysterious and enigmatic Bond girl Severine.

The film is directed by Sam Mendes (Road to Perdition), the screenplay written with six hands by Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and John Logan (Gladiator), soundtrack composed by Thomas Newman and theme song sung by the british singer Adele.

----

Caipirinha: Brazilian's drink, one of the most known, internationally. It's made with white lightning, unhusked taiti-lemon, sugar and ice. In Brazil, it is most served in bars and restaurants.

Comments

• Two things: Moonraker (I think) makes Brazil a hard one to do again...they went to Rio AND the Amazon

Most importantly, Craig has already been to South America in his tenure
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 9,773
    Brazil is a fine location for Bond 24 I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

First India now Brazil Add New York and we have a MOVIE!
    Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East and/or Scandinavia for Bond 24 please!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Brazil? I'd love to see Brazil in a Bond film again and can you imagine just how super hot the Bond chicks from there will be? I went to Brazil about 2 years ago and let's just say keeping the British end up was forever on auto pilot.
    Anyway, as long as Bond doesn't spend the majority of his time in the shanty slums ala QoS, it should be fine.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    If Bond goes to Brazil for Bond 24 in 2014, he'll be just in time for the world cup. Maybe work that into the film some how?
    doubleoego wrote:
    Brazil? I'd love to see Brazil in a Bond film again and can you imagine just how super hot the Bond chicks from there will be? I went to Brazil about 2 years ago and let's just say keeping the British end up was forever on auto pilot.

=))
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Where's @Marketto007 when you need him? ;)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    If Bond goes to Brazil for Bond 24 in 2014, he'll be just in time for the world cup. Maybe work that into the film some how?

I can see the plot: "Bond is called to be the chief of the securance of the British soccer team and defend them from Blofeld forces of a kidnapping"

(wtf I just read Vish.png)
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,817
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I can see the plot: "Bond is called to be the chief of the securance of the British soccer team and defend them from Blofeld forces of a kidnapping"

And the real name of Joseph Blatter is: Ernst Stavro Blofeld!
  • With the World Cup Trophy being a fake, turned into a bomb a la Octopussy to kill world leaders?

We say this and joke about it...Purvis and Wade may be reading this forum!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    With the World Cup Trophy being a fake, turned into a bomb a la Octopussy to kill world leaders?

Actually, not a bad idea lol
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 3,169
    A ski chase and some underwater action, please. And the line "Congrats on the successful mission, Bond" uttered!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    They're just being polite. Bond may return there some day but I doubt it's in Bond 24. Frist Australia, then India, now Brazil!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    They're just being polite. Bond may return there some day but I doubt it's in Bond 24. Frist Australia, then India, now Brazil!

Yeah i know they just said it to make polite, and for education. I'm brazilian, but right now i don't think that my country has the power enough to "host" a movie like 007.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited October 2012 Posts: 3,277
    Hey I'm here. DC said that on a private chat via Skype a couple weeks ago with brazilian journalists at Sony's HQ here in Brazil.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I don't want Bond to come to Australia, Mission Impossible 2 was so bad that I'm afraid of what might happen if Bond came here too.
    Why don't they come up with original locations? Brazil and India are great locations but have been used before for long portions of Moonraker and Octopussy.

Why not Australia? I honestly can't believe they've yet to use such an obvious destination. South Africa would be another good choice.
    SPECTRE wrote:
    Why don't they come up with original locations? Brazil and India are great locations but have been used before for long portions of Moonraker and Octopussy.

Why not Australia? I honestly can't believe they've yet to use such an obvious destination. South Africa would be another good choice.

They said the moon was a long way. Australia for a british spy is probably the same :)

• Australia, Ireland and Brazil are my location choices.
    With the World Cup Trophy being a fake, turned into a bomb a la Octopussy to kill world leaders?

I actually wouldn't mind that. Worse plots have found their way into Bond films.
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uerFZ2Z42nc?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uerFZ2Z42nc?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 9,773
    I still say reusing Brazill is fine.

However one thing I want to point out bot Connery and Moore and i suppose Dalton had film that either Half or 95% was filmed in the US so why not an american setting for Craig as well?
  • I would love to see Scandinavia, Berlin, Krakow In the next bond. They would all set for a very atmospheric plot, I'm kinda sick of all the beaches/sun so this will be a welcome addition to the franchise. The Living Daylights was cool as fuck going to Vienna :)

But yeah a bond film in Brazil would remind me of Moonraker big time, i would want jaws to be there chewing through cables haha!
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    A Caiperinha shaken, not stirred.

A new twist for the series. But at the start, not the end. ;)
  • I'd give a thumbs up for Brazil also... Not sure about India though, because it was used as a location in Mission Impossible IV: Ghost Protocol (Even though that was actually filmed in Dubai as well as a matter of fact...) - Wouldn't want to have location overlap with other action films within a recent period of time, like Taken 2 was set in Istanbul and pretty much looked like the Skyfall PTS !
    By your logic, every action movie filmed in Istanbul looks like the Skyfall PTS or vice versa.
  • I reckon Craig's bond would suit a good icy location. Similar to Piz Gloria in OHMSS
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Risico007 wrote:
    However one thing I want to point out bot Connery and Moore and i suppose Dalton had film that either Half or 95% was filmed in the US so why not an american setting for Craig as well?

If Bond goes to America I don't want him in New York or LA. They're just so overused. maybe Chicago or somewhere.
  • RC7RC7
    If Bond goes to America I don't want him in New York or LA. They're just so overused. maybe Chicago or somewhere.

I've always quite fancied him being in NYC again. It wasn't really exploited in LALD. I always thought a bike chase through Times Sqaure would be awesome. The cool Brit scything through the heart of American decadence.

Bond visiting the Rocky Mountains with cinematography by Roger Deakins.
  • JamesCraig wrote:
    Bond visiting the Rocky Mountains with cinematography by Roger Deakins.

YES!!!!!
    Maybe in a chase with snow plows. Although they would have to be super charged!

• I think this would work, after the finale of dowdy gloomy Scotland in Skyfall, a finale in Brazil could add colour and excitement.