Sean Connery in 'Skyfall' ???

2»

Comments

• Sean Connery was the BEST Bond. Inoffensively and respectfully, Daniel Craig is wrong for the part. Not only is he aesthetically challenged but even his walk is jerky and hurried unlike Sean Connery's smooth and elegant stride. Craig looks haggard and old with numerous wrinkles and thin reptilian lips always in a pout. Sean Connery was suave, sophisiticated, cool under fire, resourceful and irresistable to women...and he drank Vodka Martinis shaken not stirred, NOT Heineken beer...
    Any argument that brings up the Heineken automatically loses whatever credibility it had. I mean, really? Aesthetically challenged? You can't please everybody, but the vast majority seems to like Craig's Bond.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Bond wrote:
    There is one character in SKyfall that Connery would have been perfect for, who appears near the end of the film in the final "battle".

Of course it would have been way too cheesy to actually have cast him, but you can't deny the role was perfect for him.

I agree on the one hand it would have been epic to have Sean playing Kincaide nad seeing the two Bonds side by side in the final battle but Albert Finney did a very fine job and the DB5 stuff was about as far as I could tolerate in terms of cheesy nods and winks.
    I think, Sean playing Kincaide would have taken the audience out of the film really.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    I have it on pretty good authority that they wrote the part with Sean in mind, but they never approached him for it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 23,561
    Germanlady wrote:
    I think, Sean playing Kincaide would have taken the audience out of the film really.

Agreed. It would be a very unwise move on their behalf. Sean would have shifted the focal point of the third act into a completely wrong direction.
    "You've stolen my car, you jumped up little..."
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Agreed. It would be a very unwise move on their behalf. Sean would have shifted the focal point of the third act into a completely wrong direction.

Have to agree, would have ruined the film for me, and I don't think he would have played the subtle looks Finney gave to Bond, esp re
    the look he gives that says M's not going to make it.
    I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have shifted the focus slightly in the end there. I mean, for a start would we believe Sean would
    just stand there and do nothing to save M, despite the fact Silva has a gun?

Also,
    as M is dying,
    would the audience not be slightly distracted by Sean Connery in the background?
  • Got to admit that just for a hundreth of a second, when you see first see Kincaide's hands on the gun, I thought "surely it's not going to be Connery"

But it would have been a bad move. And he probably would have charged 10 million of so for it as well.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    He could've been awesome as Kincade but it'd be too obvious, everyone would just be thinking "look, it's Sean Connery!!!"
    kleinhond wrote:
    How can Connery still be pissed off at EON when he voiced the FRWG game a few years back?

EA paid him lots of money and I don't think EON are directly involved with the games.
  • It would have been great to have had Connery take on the part of Kincade, but I think it would have been far too severe a wink to the audience, almost distractingly bad and in seriously poor taste. The move would have been too reminiest of Tamahori's clear shoehorning of the classic elements for the 40th anniversary, Mendes approuched the 50th year with much more grace and elan, paying tirbute to the spirit of the series, whle looking towards the future. I appreciated theappearance of Finney in the part, and think he worked perfectly, i mean its Albert Finney for christ sake, in a Bond film! Thats exciting.
    obin_gam wrote:
    JamesCraig wrote:
    obin_gam wrote:
    I have legit sources saying he is in fact in the movie.

You have? 8-}
    Of course. Why would I lie? To take advantage of an unplausable question? Pfft, dont be silly!

So have I missed it? LOL

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I'm decided whether I'd have like Connery as Kincade or not, it's an interesting thought that's for sure. A good, 'what if' moment.
  • How about old Rog???
    Kincaide with a raised eyebrow or two!
    Mind you don't think Roger could have pulled off old Scottish gamekeeper.
    But he'd probably have a go at trying to pull M
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 11,189
    I think if any of the actors cameo'd in a future Bond film it would have to be Lazenby or perhaps Dalton. The others are too "big" and their appearance would just come across as gimicky.

No offence to Lazenby or Dalts who both did fine jobs but they are the two that Mr Joe Public normally forgets about. You could get away with having them in a Bond film and it not be too much of a distraction from the story.

However my inner fanboy does agree it would have been great to see Sean alongside DC during the final battle in SF. Probably best that didn't happen though.

Oh and if Sean was in SF do you reckon EoN would have had the balls to change the character name to Albert?