Who could play Bond VS Who could maybe play Bond VS Who could NOT play Bond

edited October 2012 in Actors Posts: 188
This is different to other similar ‘Who Could Play the Next Bond’ threads, simply because this is a categorization not unlike the Snog, Marry or Avoid game lol =
1) Who could be Bond – Actors I deem simply perfect and ideal to play Bond
2) Jury’s Out - i.e. actors who may be able to play Bond feasibly but aren’t quite ideal
3) Who Couldn’t be Bond – i.e. names often bandied about by daft fans, these range from the actors posed as contenders back before Craig got the role, the ridiculous, and the sublimely absurd.

What’s to be taken into account; Could the actor play the role of Bond, have they got the acting skills, have they got the physicality of Bond, have they got onscreen charisma, what kind of film roles have they portrayed in the past etc

Could be Bond
Hugh Jackman – I’ve pulled him out from the ‘jury’s out zone’; he is synonymous with Wolverine but Wolverine’s star will wane after the upcoming Wolverine film and X-Men; Future’s Past. Will he be too old by then – arguably yes. However, Jackman has a Clint Eastwood quality, he can also get ripped for a role making up for his age. What with films like X-Men; First Class, The Avengers and the next Wolverine flick nicking archetypal elements from Bond films – maybe Jackman should jump ship from the X-Men/Wolverine franchises to that of Bond. Jackman is actually good friends with Mendes and Craig – was it Jackman’s house at which Craig proposed Mendes direct a Bond film? Is there a Lazenby accent and character actor hiding inside Jackman’s Clint Eastwood-esque exterior?
Michael Fassbender – He is certainly ideal for the role in my eyes, he can affect an English accent with slight inflexion of Irish accent akin to Connery’s slight Scottish intonations. Plus Fassbender has already played Matthew Vaughn’s pseudo-Bond in the espionage homage film X-Men; First Class as a reimagined debonair and suave but bitter and vindictive (and somewhat Irish) Magneto. He’s also played an English elite soldier in Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds and a seductive sex addicted womaniser in Shame. I’d say he’d have to bulk up abit for the role as Craig did, but I think Fassbender would be like an excellent mix of Connery’s, Moore’s and Craig’s Bonds if he were to take the role.
Tom Hardy – Many narrow-sighted/minded movie fans see Hardy as just an actor who plays thugs, unhinged villains and brooding musclemen. But I strongly believe Hardy has the talent to play an extremely good Bond. His strongest teaser for the role would be his performance as Eames in Nolan’s Inception – touted by many fans as the next Bond post-Craig after the film’s release due to his suave exterior and scene stealing performance. Hardy is a much underrated actor and indeed character-actor, changing his manner and physicality for roles. Hardy would be able to de-bulk for the role of Bond to achieve a physique not unlike Craig’s. He would probably play a brooding Brando-esque Bond but with seductive playfulness of Moore, the menacing killer-swagger of Connery, and showing instances of raw emotive acting ala Craig. Hardy is my favourite for the next Bond!
Luke Evans – He certainly has the perfect looks for the part. But would he have the acting skills to portray the role? Would he have the onscreen charisma? Evans would be a gamble - then again he is much lesser known that the other favourites I have lined up here - could that work in his favour if EON wish to choose a lesser known actor?
Henry Cavill – Ideal and perfect for the role – next to Hardy and Fassbender he would also be my favourite to be the next Bond. But Cavill is soon to become synonymous with Superman the Man of Steel, a real haranguer-clanger of a typecasting role. But if Cavill portrays the Krytonian as super-heroic man of steel alien with an American twang – perhaps in a couple of years he could get away with portraying a debonair English MI6 agent? I’d like to think so.

Jury’s Out
Mathew Goode – I’d rather put him as a villain in the Bond franchise – I thought he was excellent as Ozymandias in Watchmen. I also see him as being far too lean to play Bond – then again, if he bulked up like Craig did, who knows, and I’ve seen some google pics where he actually kinda looks the part.
Ryan Gosling – An excellent actor who has ALL the right abilities to play Bond. But I am doubtful he’d do a good English accent.
Christian Bale – Somewhat of a ‘secret’ Welshman/Briton, he would be great in the part. But he has become Bruce Wayne – and people would see him as Wayne rather than Bond. However, Moore was synonymous with other roles until they were wiped away by playing James Bond, so who knows.
Paul Bettany – Dye Bettany's hair black or dirty blond and he would be a decent Bond. But would the fans take to Bettany? Bettany has become synonymous with the odd creepy supporting role here and there, but has made an effort to become a buff leading man in several (al-be-it B-Movie) films. I feel Bettany would be a decent Bond – but would fans get bored of him after one film – I think maybe yes.
Sam Worthington – He would strike me as having the potentiality to be Bond as Lazenby did once upon a time. But Worthington isn’t exactly Craig when it comes to acting and he has a couple of duds under his belt when it comes to films he’s starred in. He could certainly be made to look the part – but would his acting and likability stand the test, and also would he be able to affect a decent English accent?

Could NOT Be Bond (explanations kept more succinct)
Ewan Mcgregor – Bond is a man’s man full of deep-toned machismo. McGregor strikes me as more of a mischievous man-boy and a hit and miss actor.
Chris Hemsworth – Too synonymous with surfer beach dudes, long haired blonde roles and the superhero Thor. He would also look wrong for the part of Bond.
Scott Adkins – Some have suggested him but for me he is getting on to be too old and too synonymous with b-movies – he strikes me as a glorified stuntman.
Idris Elba – He would indeed make a great black Bond. But Fleming’s Bond is NOT black. Such a move is something they should pull out of the bag in another 50 years when storylines may have probably dried up. Elba would however make an excellent Felix Leiter!!!!
Jon Hamm – He has the ideal look of Flemming’s Bond and certainly the acting ability - People see his style in Mad Men and his portrayal of a man’s man and think he could be a great Bond. I disagree alot; he couldn’t do an English accent I reckon – and there are better British actors who could play the role.
Clive Owen – Once upon a time he was favourite to take the role of Bond before Craig showed up on the scene. A hit and miss actor. Unfortunately he is no longer in the running as Bond because he would be too old.
Ben Barnes – Too lithe-like and effeminate.
Gerard Butler – Scottish so would remind some fans of a potential Connery and can certainly play the cold killer and play up to the part physically. But he has little onscreen charisma – most likable as a loveable rogue in RocknRolla – perhaps Guy Ritchie could bring out the inner Bond in him for a movie outing? However, from what I’ve seen of him in films, his onscreen seductiveness is cringeworthy and clanky.
Jude Law - Disastrous in the remake of Aflie, lacks the acting skills and machismo to play Bond.
James Purefoy – Once upon a time perhaps he could have played Bond. But he has aged, and grown older – too old to take up Bond after Craig leaves. Purefoy has also become somewhat known for roles in ‘decent b-movies’.
Benedict Cumberbatch – Too synonymous with other roles – he would also have to massively bulk up. For me he doesn’t have the looks demanded for Bond or to make a believable Bond. He would be an excellent enemy for Bond though!!!!
Daniel Radcliffe OR Matthew Lewis – I’ve heard these ludicrously suggested a few times = wth! They would be terrible for the role of Bond. Both are man-boys and don’t have the looks for Bond.
Guy Pearce – Plays a great action role in Memento. He is however too old, too lithe and not good looking enough. Again; he is an actor who would make a great Bond villain though.
Jeremy Renner – He is a prominent American action hero these days. He is now Bourne’s successor – as well as Hawkeye. He also has neither the English accent or seductive charisma to play Bond.
Rupert Penry Jones – Maybe once upon a time, but that ship has definitely sailed. Now he is housewife’s favourite, getting on to be too old. And anyway in my opinion he hasn’t the right looks or acting skills to play Bond.
Tom Hiddleston – Could NOT play Bond but would be an excellent enemy agent perhaps.
Eddie Redmayne – Perhaps in the far future, but certainly not at all soon!
Robert Pattinson – He probably could play Bond, like Redmayne, in the far future. When his teenie-star has waned and the stigma of teen-star roles has faded he has the potential to become a decent actor (like the path Johnny Depp took).
Dominic West – Excellent in The Wire and The Hour – he has no longer got the looks to play Bond though and age is not on his side. There also more fitting contenders. But West could certainly play a decent villain or MI6 colleague.
Jason Isaacs – Too old to play the part now. There are also better choices on the table these days.
David Gandy – He’s a model with no acting ability. Ok, I know – Lazenby! But Lazenby was kind of a freak happening because he was a male model who had an iota of acting skills and they produced him excellently in a brilliantly directed Bond film and one time outing. But Lazenby strikes me as having some innate acting skills that he somewhat honed during the course of the OHMSS production – Gandy does not have in my opinion.

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Christian Bale would make me bale.
    Gerard Butler would rock.
    Jason Isaacs would rock as well for a couple more years.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,813
    96545985732679314_YYAB5vGQ_b.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I loved him in Equilibrium & Terminator: Salvation!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Quite a commendable list you've got there, @lewisblake, and for the most part you are spot on with your comments. Here's some where we slightly differ:

Hugh Jackman: I agree that Jackman could have been right for Bond, but I feel that he's going to be too old by the time Craig exits.

Christian Bale: A very good actor, but he is far too big for the role now.

Paul Bettany: To me, he really doesn't have the right look dyed hair or not. Another issue will be his age when Danny boy leaves.

Ryan Gosling: For some reason, I just don't see it. Can't give you specifics, but I just can't see it.

...and perhaps the one where we disagree the most: you put Sam Worthington under 'Jury's Out'. In my opinion, he doesn't even belong on any of your lists. The day Sam Worthington becomes James Bond is a day all of us Bond fans should shiver with fear. Worthington might just be the dullest and most uninteresting actor out there right now; he is a terrible actor. And people thought Lazenby was dull? I'm convinced Worthington would take dull to a new level.

For the record, I totally agree with you as I would love to see Fassbender as the seventh 007, too. He's got the look and he's certainly got the acting ability.
    fassbender.jpg
    Apart from the purple, I'm convinced.

And a funny side note: Eddie Redmayne is actually one year older than Henry Cavil!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 774
    I don't know about Fassbender simply because he's the 'obvious choice'. Brosnan was the obvious choice and overall his films were a disappointment because they were lazy. Seemed like they went "Well, we got the perfect Bond, let's throw in everything Bond-esque and make some Bond for the Bond fans, Bond Bond Bond" and it ended up being pretty poorly done.

I think the less obvious choices are the best choices. Connery wasn't a popular decision, neither was Lazenby, or Dalton, or Craig, but they were/are all terrific.
    Volante wrote:
    I don't know about Fassbender simply because he's the 'obvious choice'. Brosnan was the obvious choice and overall his films were a disappointment because they were lazy. Seemed like they went "Well, we got the perfect Bond, let's throw in everything Bond-esque and make some Bond for the Bond fans, Bond Bond Bond" and it ended up being pretty poorly done.

I think the less obvious choices are the best choices. Connery wasn't a popular decision, neither was Lazenby, or Dalton, or Craig, but they were/are all terrific.
    Definitely a fair point you bring up, @Volante. But I do consider Fassbender to be a considerably better actor than Brosnan.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I NEED THAT SHIRT!
  • SJK91 wrote:
    Volante wrote:

Definitely a fair point you bring up, @Volante. But I do consider Fassbender to be a considerably better actor than Brosnan.
    Wow that really is a great point @SJK91!
    But one thing Fassbender has going for him is that he not only has 'the look', he's a good enough actor to surely bring something new to the role and make it his own

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,446
    2) Jury’s Out - i.e. actors who may be able to play Bond feasibly but aren’t quite ideal:

Clive Owen
    Jeremy Northam. Older then Owen be discus before. His count of movies he can do be a discussion point. Clive Owen can have made 5, he 2 or 3.
    Gerard Butler
    Matthew Goode. His Brosnan looks make him Bond. To young (He is from 1978!) and like Butler he is gay. Sugest him as villian for both Bond and Batman (The Riddle).
    Daniel Radcliffe. Not realy the person you think about, to young at the moment and to much connected to Potter at the moment.
    Barney Clark. One of my sugestions for Bond 8. He look to much on Christian Bale sometimes, but i also have feeling he mabey can be a Roger Moore Bond when Clark looks older. At this moment it is to soon to say more about him (Born in 1993) and that also count for Daniel Radcliffe.
    Jason Isaacs. The Timothy Dalton look a like.
    Sam Worthington. Australian actor again, he looks like on Brosnan.

More present:

tumblr_lq2pckS1ZN1r1hfx9o1_500.jpg

Ryan Gosling. He is from 1980 and a American who be born in Canada. In 2018 he turn 38 (If have been from 1975 he be 42 in 2018 same age Brosnan started in Goldeneye.). If he started in 2022 the year of 60 years Bond he is 42. I think he can be the new Ryan Ranolds in the meaning of populair (since Ranolds playing with Sandra Bulock it look like he get more work and a funny thing be this Ryan Gosling dated Sandra Bulock in the past.) or Daniel Craig. If there give him some time, 2022 as said mabey. Based on how he look like now i not have a feeling i think 2018 is to young. Where Connery and DC looks older he looks younger. He have 10 years to grow in my opnion. DC looks already better in Layer Cake (Made in 2004 released straight to dvd in 2005) then in Tomb Raider (2001).

If DC end in 2016 or 2017 with Bond 25 (or with Bond 26 in 2019) i think Bond 7 with Bond 26 (27) should wait til 2022 as sugest earlier. As you notice there isn't any actor i realy think from on this moment yes he should be James Bond number 7 in 2022. So if this mean we get a 5-6 year break after DC fift movie so be it. I think that is the time to find a good replacement and give us audince also some time. Yes i think we need a Goldeneye kind of break, something i also hinted in my fanart.

3) Who Couldn’t be Bond

Again people who already be discus before.

Hugh Jackman
    Dougray Scott
    Dominic West
    Ioan Gruffudd
    WHAT IS THIS TALK ABOUT?????????? This is news to me, some explain....
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    If Idris Elba is cast as Bond, I am done with the franchise. Period.

Elba does not fit Fleming's Bond in ANY WAY other than him being British. I'd have no problem if they cast him in Bond as another 00, but if those 00s are followed by a 7, I'm out.

It's a rumor, Jole.
  • Not the 'colored James Bond' debate again is it

and no matter what the author may say, this seems a direct replicant of 'Actors who should play James Bond' ?

Let's twist this around a little and look at things from another angle -

Actors who could play Bond- Connery, Dalton, Craig

Actors who could maybe play Bond - Lazenby, Brosnan

Actors who could not play Bond - Moore

Only in the true sense of the original Fleming creation of course
    Yeah, I hope your right.

Elba does not fit Fleming's Bond in ANY WAY other than him being British. I'd have no problem if they cast him in Bond as another 00, but if those 00s are followed by a 7, I'm out.

It's a rumor, Jole.

it would be nice see him in a bond movie though. villain or ally, i don't mind.
  • Bond no another 00 yes!!!! it would be interesting to see them try ,thats the fun in movieland
  • TreefingersTreefingers Isthmus City, Republic of Isthmus
    My absolute favorite must be Fassbender and [maybe] Hardy.

Clive Owen would have been great, but as it's been already pointed out here it's too late.

Ryan Gosling would be more interesting as a villain rather than Bond

Cavill would be good, but somehow he doesn't quite convince me...guess i should see more of his work

Christian Bale is too associated with batman, i just can't picture him in the role, alas he's a great actor, he would be a great addition to a cast granted they give him an interesting role

Jason Isaacs: more of a villain type or some complex character, besides he's too old now.

benedict cumberbatch, daniel radcliffe, hugh jackman, gerry buttler, paul bettany and sam worthington are toss aways.
  • Fassbender as Bond with Idris Elba as Charles Robinson (Colin Salmon is PB's films) and Benedict Cumberbatch as a baddie? Sounds good to me!

and no matter what the author may say, this seems a direct replicant of 'Actors who should play James Bond' ?

How you all get is wrong with Roger Moore is beyond understanding. As it states in Fleming's Bio.'In 1961, he sold the film rights to his already published as well as future James Bond novels and short stories to Harry Saltzman, who, with Albert R. "Cubby" Broccoli, co-produced the film version of 'Dr. No' (1962). For the cast, Fleming suggested friend and neighbour Noël Coward as the villain Dr. Julius No, and David Niven or, later, Roger Moore as James Bond. Both were rejected in favour of Sean Connery, who was both Broccoli and Saltzman's choice

How you all get is wrong with Roger Moore is beyond understanding. As it states in Fleming's Bio.'In 1961, he sold the film rights to his already published as well as future James Bond novels and short stories to Harry Saltzman, who, with Albert R. "Cubby" Broccoli, co-produced the film version of 'Dr. No' (1962). For the cast, Fleming suggested friend and neighbour Noël Coward as the villain Dr. Julius No, and David Niven or, later, Roger Moore as James Bond. Both were rejected in favour of Sean Connery, who was both Broccoli and Saltzman's choice

I think he meant in terms of the 'book Bond' Sir Rog played more of a humourous comic book super cheesy fantasy version of Bond, although there are examples of his serious side too. But you point is also correct, he very much was Bond and Fleming did think he would make a good Bond.
    Not the 'colored James Bond' debate again is it

I think he meant in terms of the 'book Bond' Sir Rog played more of a humourous comic book super cheesy fantasy version of Bond, although there are examples of his serious side too. But you point is also correct, he very much was Bond and Fleming did think he would make a good Bond.

Rog has plenty of great serious scenes in his films. For some reason people often overlook them and insist on seeing him as a comedian.

he is my no.2 Bond.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Rog is in my top 3. He had his flaws but he was fun.

His reaction to the death of Vijay ("no more problems") was spot on.
  • Could- Scott Adkins
    Maybe- Idris Elbra, Micheal Fassbender
    Couldn't- The bloke off Twilight

It's a rumor, Jole.

Of course, Bond cracking one liners and using gadgets, having blonde hair, all close to Fleming. Hell he wasn't even Scottish at first. I could understand if you're a Fleming purist but if you're fine with all the gadgets, etc, I don't see why a black Bond is such a big deal. None of them really look like book Bond anyway.
    Bond is not black. If they cast a black Bond I'm done with the franchise. Bond is written as white English male. Deviate from this and you are creating a different character. Likewise, Bond being played by a Chinese, Japanese, Arab, Indian - I would have equal problems with it.

If a new Shaft film came out played by a white guy, I'd have the same issues with it.

If Babs ever dare go down this role she would be crucified, both critically and commercially. This would spell the end of the franchise, in a way I doubt EON could ever recover from.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Bond is written as white English male. Deviate from this and you are creating a different character.

Only 2 Bond actors are actually English. He's also written with black hair, no gadgets, no aston martin, etc. Bond has basically become a different character anyway with most of the actors. Unless you're a complete Fleming purist I don't get why you have such a problem with it.
    This would spell the end of the franchise, in a way I doubt EON could ever recover from.

No it wouldn't. People said that when Craig was cast. Most people are reasonable and even most of the people who hated the idea would probably see the film out of curiousity.
    Chinese, Japanese, Arab

Bond can be black and still be British. You're just changing his appearence, which has been done many times before. You make him chinese, japanese or arabian and you're changing his nationality.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 188
    Just thought I'd give a brief update on my category choices for this thread with names that have been prominent in my mind

Could Play Bond -
    Henry Cavill, is probably now my favourite taking into account that he is a great actor, has the looks, at one point was fan favorite to play the next Bruce Wayne, was strongly considered to be Bond in Casino Royale. Plus if Clark Kent is an alien/american he can play a suave english spy a few years down the line.
    Tom Hardy, Likewise with Cavill playing Superman, I feel Hardy playing Mad Max wouldn't impact on his likelihood of playing Bond. I'd also liken the two to how Moore first made his name in The Saint only to surpass that archetype by playing Bond. Hardy is an underated character actor and can even change his physicality.
    Which brings me onto the Michael Fassbender whom used to be my favourite and whom I'm sure is still many peoples favourite to play the next Bond. But I've wavered in the days following Skyfall's release, asking myself; would Fassbender play a likeable Bond and would the fans take to him i.e. would he play a Bond who would be far too bitter, pretentious and creepy??? a sinister Bond but a believable cold killer??? - for some reason a few days ago I suddenly thought about this subject and couldn't imagine Fassbender playing a likeable seductive spy - instead I imagined him as a rather pretentious Moore Bond, but far less likeable. However, taking into account these sudden doubts, I still think Fassbender would have the talents to pull off Bond.
    Christian Bale, and Hugh Jackman whom I still think both would be excellent Bonds, however I have more doubts about these two as they have become so massive in Hollywood due to their roles as Wolverine and Bruce Wayne respectively. So; could they both pull off Bond - yes - would the audience accept them as Bond without thinking of Wayne or Wolverine.....very very doubtful.
    Finally - Luke Evans for me would slip into the Jury's Out category as I've discovered he is probably gay - I'm by no means homophobic AT ALL, but would he be able to be believable seducing Bond girls? and would the fans accept an openly gay Bond?

My views on the actor's I've put in the other two categories Jury's Out and Could NOT Play Bond haven't really changed.
    Idris Elba would make a fantastic Felix Leiter. I'd say Sam Worthington should slip into the Could Not Play Bond category (though apparently he was considered back before Casino Royale).
    I'd like to add a rather brave if not brash statement and say (after viewing Cosmopolis) Robert Pattinson will be Bond in his late 30s when he's bulked up and out.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 546
    Who could play James Bond-

1.Hugh Jackman-If Hugh Jackman is casted as James Bond, he would bring a more darker & gritter element to the Bond character.

2.Michael Fassbender-I believe that Michael Fassbender would have a sophistacated, suav & confident feeling as James Bond. Michael & Barbara are considering casted him as 007. I hope it happens.

3.Tom Hardy-Tom Hardy is a talented actor who can play different characters in films. So I like the idea of Tom Hardy being a runner up for the role as James Bond.

4.Christian Bale-I know Christian Bale express his dislike for the character (Which left me scratching my head?) But I still think he looks the part for 007. If Christian changes his mind & he doesn't mind playing 007, then Michael & Barbara should consider casting him.

5.Henry Cavill-I'm very curious to see Henry Cavill as 007. Henry did screen test for the role James Bond, but lost the role because he was too young. But now that he is older Michael & Barbara should really consider casting him as James Bond. Plus, he is a good actor.

6.Richard Armitage-I really think that Richard Armitage could pull off James Bond.

Actors who maybe could play James Bond-

1.Ewan McGregor-Ewan McGregor always come to mind for me as 007. But I doubt it will happen.

2.Scott Adkins-For some reason I think he could pull the role as James Bond. But I don't think he would be convincing.

3.Dominic West-Dominic West is a great actor & he is terrific on The Hour. He...maybe could play 007.

Who will not play James Bond-

1.Gerard Butler-At first when Michael & Barbara didn't think Daniel Craig was not coming back to reprise his role as James Bond. So they wanted to cast Gerard Butler??? He is a good actor, but not right for the role as James Bond. (IMO)

2.Tom Hiddelston-Good actor, but he probably won't be playing James Bond. But he would make a good Bond villian.

3.Idris Elba-Idris Elba is a solid actor. But I think he would be better as Felix Leiter instead of James Bond. James Bond is not black. If Michael & Barbara cast him as 007, I'm finish with the franchise.

4.Dougray Scott-Same thing I said about Garard Butler.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 117
    I really don't want a well-known/recognized actor. An unknown would please me so much more. And this is possibly the reason I can't see any of the mentioned actors playing Bond. But if I had to say one name, I'd say Michael Fassbender. But he's still a big "maybe".
  • COULD BE BOND

Dan Stevens: I don't think I've really heard this name mentioned at all. It only really occurd to me recently, however I caught the odd episode of Downton Abbey and though he really stood out in it, he was far from rugged; but thats not what every Bond must have. Just because Daniel Craig bought ruggedness doesn't mean they all have to be like that. Dan Stevens' character was clearly an upper class gentleman and is used to the finest treatment, however his character stills hails the efforts of those servants around him, and I think having married twice he's got woman worked out. These similar traits won't get him the part that easily however. But I do think he's one of those actors who really sticks out.

JURY'S OUT

Christen Bale: This one dosn't surprise me. Clearly playing a suave multi millionaire super hero is going to get this guy noticed. But I don't think so. Christpher Nolan is an American Director and The Dark Knight Trilogy was designed for the American market. He may be British but he's just so typecast as a genuine American. He's also kind of adopted an American accent. I also think he just looks a bit to weasly too. But probably most of all, Batman is a huge role to take on and he will always be typecast in that role now. He's just to big for James Bond now.

COULD NOT BE BOND

Idris Elba: I'm sorry I just can't see it happen. I've got NOTHING against black people. Some of my favourite celebrities are black. but having a black person play an iconic part who's always been white just wouldn't work. That would be like getting a white English actor to replace Mr T - it just wouldn't work. Changing James Bond really wasn't a big deal with me, I was willing to give him a chance. But changing the skin colour of James Bond was a whole diffirent thing. But thats not the only thing to judge him on. I had a look at him in a movie, and I really thought he just didn't look or sound like the sort of person who would play James Bond. Sorry.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,661
    If you forget his naff role in King Arthur (!) I think Clive Owen is the one actor I think could/should have played James Bond - even if it was for one film. Even if he sucked I think he was the strongest choice back in 2005. And if he did suck, well people could post "I told you he would suck!" and come over as smart arses!

If Man of Steel is huge - and I reckon it will be - I can't see Henry Cavill ever playing James Bond. I don't think Eon would want their Bond actor to be Superman. I think Cavill is like Owen - he might have been Bond if good fortune had shone but it wasn't to be.

"Ben Barnes – Too lithe-like and effeminate."

Hmm, I saw Mr Barnes in the remake of Dorian Gray and he has a sort of young Bond look. I don't know if he can pull off the manly sophisticated quality of James Bond but he could be a future dark horse candidate for the role.
    Michael Fassbender is German

Therefore cant be Bond because he is not British or Colonial