Iron Man - all things Iron Man related.

oo7oo7
edited October 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 1,068
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CzoSeClcw0?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CzoSeClcw0?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comments

• Looks good. Much darker than the previous movies. I don't know if it works, since I always liked Iron Man having a good portion of humour, but I am looking forward to it.
  • oo7oo7
    Looks good. Much darker than the previous movies. I don't know if it works, since I always liked Iron Man having a good portion of humour, but I am looking forward to it.

I would say the humour is being kept, this looks like action, something i felt was always ruined in the third act of the past two films.

I hate when there is a good gag or line and trailers ruin it. I must say bond done alright I took a look at the final trailer and they seem to have just reused what we already had seen so no more spoilers.
  • Suppose it was always going to be difficult for the "next Marvel movie" after the crushing success that was The Avengers. Agree that it's a lost darker than the previous films but then again there was little else they could have done.

Interested to see how the Mandarin angle plays out. In the cinematic universe, the "Ten Rings" (his traditional source of power) were the terrorist organisation from the first film. In the comics, a magic dragon taught him how to cast spells. No prizes for guessing why they dropped that bit.

But no Fury or Black Widow? Shame.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Looks great, but... why the 3D?

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Looks epic.
    Looks good and needed a change of tone and added depth after iron man 2. With Shane Black at the helm should still have plenty of humour. Shame Norman Osbourne won't be iron patriot, theres probably too much back story to do that and more importantly don't think they have the rights to the character.
  • Yeah, I guess they won't drop Stark's humour completely and as I said, it can really work! I like it when the hero is pushed to his limits, and I guess that is what's happening there.

As I recall, Whedon wants to make Avengers 2 more personal. This may be the first step!
    This does look pretty dark and full on! Only seen the first movie at present so i must get round to watching the second installment!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I doubt it's gonna top Avengers, but it still looks awesome.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 268
    Im ready! Lets kiss kiss and bang bang!
    vpsI7.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm about to start class, so I can't watch it right now. But, I hear the trailer has traces of TDKR, in that Stark is beaten down and has to come back, better than ever, to beat the enemy.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited October 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm about to start class, so I can't watch it right now. But, I hear the trailer has traces of TDKR, in that Stark is beaten down and has to come back, better than ever, to beat the enemy.

Well, with
    his house being blown up by some tech-heavy helicopters,
    I'd say so.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This looks very good. This seems to be another solid Marvel film and will be one of the biggest earners next year.
  • oo7oo7
    would anyone be interest in seeing Shane Black do a Bond?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, they sure are going all out, aren't they?

So far, the Marvel Cinematic Universe always has, and always will.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

If DC are going to do this Justice League gambit, they'll have some big shoes to fill. All they have is Batman that is a sure-fire hit.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 7,854

If DC are going to do this Justice League gambit, they'll have some big shoes to fill. All they have is Batman that is a sure-fire hit.

DC's problem is that they don't really know how to put their characters on screen. Batman is easy, as he's human. Superman, on the other hand, is an unstoppable juggernaut from another planet who's only real weakness is his home planet. It's tough to put together a movie for a guy who can blow out a sun like a candle. The Green Lantern has a special ring that can practically solve the whole universe's problems so long as they aren't the color yellow. The Martian Manhunter could very well be explored the same way Marvel did Thor, but I'm certain DC would never want to do that. It'd probably be tough to put Wonder Woman on screen without maker her Xena (which DC technically did, in the animated Justice League: The New Frontier film). The Flash can run really fast, and as such, doesn't really lend himself to a movie where he's the central star. The Green Arrow, I feel, works better on TV (I loved how Justice League Unlimited used him). Most of DC's characters don't feel right outside of the comic book medium.

Marvel, on the other hand, has a whole plethora of characters that can be explored in many different ways because they're all multifaceted characters. They work well no matter how you reinterpret them (except the Punisher, let's never have another Dolph Lundgren type, please). Also, Marvel's characters are more rounded, personality-wise. They feel more like actual people, even when one of them's a hammer wielding demigod with daddy issues.

DC did well with their DC Animated Universe cartoons from 92-06, but I don't think they can break into a shared film universe like Marvel has any time soon.

Though, I will say, Marvel's gonna have a hard time selling the Guardians of the Galaxy to me. Even if they take very special care with the characters, two of them are still a rocket-launcher wielding raccoon and a talking tree.
    Looking forward to IM3 enjoyed the first two and the avengers as well, so no pressure on them with this one :D