Sean Connery in 'Skyfall' ???

edited October 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 26
I may be in minority here but does anyone else have a gut feeling that the original 007 may make a brief appearance in the new movie?

well we already know that the ancestral SCOTTISH home of James Bond, 'Skyfall' will feature in the film. Albert Finney will play Kincade who is believed to be a house keeper or butler like character and therefore certainly not the actual owner. Could the owner , one Andrew Bond and James Bond's father appear? Sean in a brief Prince of thieves cameo part?

Yes , we know of Sean's feud with Eon and refusal to take part in Bond celebrations but is all this a worthy of espionage smokescreen itself? I believe Sean said himself it would take a james bond father scene to tempt him back out of retirement and to star in another Bond film. I think the 50th anniversary film would be just the ticket.

We have had no word of Sean filming/starring but it doesn't mean he hasn't. The opening episode of recent Dr.Who series starred the Doctors new companion which was a major and most unexpected surprise. Only the people involved in production of the tv series and those who saw the advance screenings knew this and they didn't blow it. If the beeb can do a cover up like this , then surely MGM can do too. Thoughts?

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Hmm...

Or some other Bondactor perhaps?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 268
    I have legit sources saying he is in fact in the movie.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    I know the answer to this, but I'm not going to say anything to confirm or deny it.

However, I will say that Sean is very public about his feud with EON and has also very publicly retired. This will, perhaps, give you a clue.
    obin_gam wrote:

You have? 8-}
    well he could be in the movie the same way Bernad Lee was in TWINE, in a portrait.
  • JamesCraig wrote:
    Hmm...

Or some other Bondactor perhaps?

If it is any other Bond actor then it has to be Sir Rog. Loved his 50th Bond Anniversary cum Skyfall promotion bandwagon lately ;)

Agreed [-O<
  • 0iker0 wrote:
    well he could be in the movie the same way Bernad Lee was in TWINE, in a portrait.

hmmmm that would be nice in a Kingdom of crystal skull style reference (framed picture) but can't see Sean agreeing to let Eon use his image

• edited October 2012 Posts: 501
    ceejay007 wrote:
    0iker0 wrote:

hmmmm that would be nice in a Kingdom of crystal skull style reference (framed picture) but can't see Sean agreeing to let Eon use his image
    As far as I'm concerned he doesn't have to. He actually didn't want to appear in any way in the Kingdom of Crystal Skull, not even in a photo. But he couldn't do anything, that was a photo taken from another movie- Indiana Jones and the last Crusade-, so the photo was property of the producers of the 1989 flick. If they used a photo from DAF or DN for Skyfall, they wouldn't have to ask for permission.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    No, that's incorrect. Connery would still need to consent to having his image used in the film, regardless of whether or not that image was taken from a film EON already owned.

However, if you consider my earlier post, this is rather a moot point.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Connery in another Bond film???

tumblr_lukfh3SVia1qbjmmx.gif
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 6,432
    makes no sense for earlier bond actors to be in skyfall, they are supposed to be playing the same character. not overly keen with a reference laden movie. :-)
    JamesCraig wrote:
    obin_gam wrote:

You have? 8-}
    Of course. Why would I lie? To take advantage of an unplausable question? Pfft, dont be silly!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If the man won't even sit in a chair and talk do you really think he would have a cameo in Skyfall? It's simple logic.
  • If any Bond will have any sort of suprise cameo in SF (which lets face it, they won't), it's Moore.

Connery is refusing to do pretty much anything for the 50th so I wouldn't go into SF expecting a cameo from him.
    Yes, I agree that if any one ex-Bond was to make a cameo, it would be Roger Moore. Regardless who was the best Bond, the one ex-Bond who is turned to regarding appearances, commentary, historical retrospectives on Bond....it is Roger Moore. In a way, he has become the face of James Bond.
  • I'm a little out of the loop here. Why is Connery so upset with EON and refusing to do any of the 50th celebrations?
  • Ellis wrote:
    Yes, I agree that if any one ex-Bond was to make a cameo, it would be Roger Moore. Regardless who was the best Bond, the one ex-Bond who is turned to regarding appearances, commentary, historical retrospectives on Bond....it is Roger Moore. In a way, he has become the face of James Bond.

Moore has been promoting SF and the 50th lots this year too. The bloke just loves Bond.
    MaidenDeth wrote:
    I'm a little out of the loop here. Why is Connery so upset with EON and refusing to do any of the 50th celebrations?

$£$£$£$£$£$£
    MaidenDeth wrote:
    I'm a little out of the loop here. Why is Connery so upset with EON and refusing to do any of the 50th celebrations?

Do watch Everything or Nothing when you get the chance. Quite good on enlightening that particular question.
  • This is merely extracting pieces out of an already active thread, but once again, I hope Connery, or any other former Bond actor doesn't make an appearance in Skyfall, and I don't think they will. Ok, it's the 50th year, big event, but I want to see a damn fine Bond release for that, not acknowledgements to former stars or cameos by past Bonds, with all due respect to them, I just don't think it's appropriate. This is after all, a serious release, with a serious Bond, and I feel any cameo appearances of former (Bond) actors could seriously jeopardize that. It's simply not needed or suitable, former actors or not. I seriously hope we don't get to see it, and I don't think we will
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    This is merely extracting pieces out of an already active thread, but once again, I hope Connery, or any other former Bond actor doesn't make an appearance in Skyfall, and I don't think they will. Ok, it's the 50th year, big event, but I want to see a damn fine Bond release for that, not acknowledgements to former stars or cameos by past Bonds, with all due respect to them, I just don't think it's appropriate. This is after all, a serious release, with a serious Bond, and I feel any cameo appearances of former (Bond) actors could seriously jeopardize that. It's simply not needed or suitable, former actors or not. I seriously hope we don't get to see it, and I don't think we will

from a couple reviews of Skyfall that I have read... any reference made to older films is done with a slight wink and a smile - not jack hammering it down your throat like DAD....

so i think it's safe to say we can rule out any former Bond actors popping up..

• I don't mind acknowledgements made to former releases, but not on the level of what they did for Die Another Day. But - no former actors please

Yes, let there be references - but no more 'coming out of the ocean', they've already bled that to death from Andress' original and best from 1962, so we can only hope they don't try that again, but a few nods to previous Bond films for the 50th anniversary, done on a low scale will be appreciated, but nothing like before. And again - no need for any previous Bond actor/s to appear. It's a nice touch to some, but heads must rule hearts for this upcoming release
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i think the one i will be looking forward to hearing in the movie, since i read it in a review is.......
    Q telling Bond "What would you like? An exploding pen? - We don't do that anymore."

little winks like that are perfectly fine with me..
    doubleoego wrote:
    Connery in another Bond film???

tumblr_lukfh3SVia1qbjmmx.gif

=)) My thoughts exactly! He has no time for Bond anymore pure and simple which is his perogative.
  • I didn't mind some of the references in DAD, the little things like the guards wearing similar uniforms to the OHMSS ones, that was cool.

It was in your face stuff like Jinx coming out of the sea that bothered me.
  • How can Connery still be pissed off at EON when he voiced the FRWG game a few years back?
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 503
    There is one character in SKyfall that Connery would have been perfect for, who appears near the end of the film in the final "battle".

Of course it would have been way too cheesy to actually have cast him, but you can't deny the role was perfect for him.
    I could see Dalton as a bad guy in a future Bondmovie... But maybe that's to cheesy too?
  • No ex Bond would cameo in another Bond actor's movie. That would be poor form and undermine the current Bond. The producers wouldn't allow it. Why do you think 007 Legends has Craig's likeness for all the missions? The current face is the one that matters.
  • Sean Connery was the BEST Bond. Inoffensively and respectfully, Daniel Craig is wrong for the part. Not only is he aesthetically challenged but even his walk is jerky and hurried unlike Sean Connery's smooth and elegant stride. Craig looks haggard and old with numerous wrinkles and thin reptilian lips always in a pout. Sean Connery was suave, sophisiticated, cool under fire, resourceful and irresistable to women...and he drank Vodka Martinis shaken not stirred, NOT Heineken beer...