The name is Wilson, Michael Wilson

edited October 2012 in News Posts: 6,601
I think, for the Bond fans here, this is a fine piece of history, so I gave it an own thread
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/2f3813ac-133c-11e2-ac28-00144feabdc0.html#axzz29ATEm8D5

Comments

• Thats a great find german lady, michael wilson is very nice man, when i met at a lecture he gave on cameras once.
    Find it quite funny but sad that he has been cut out of his own film !!
    One would think, he has a saying about it ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Wonderful read, this for Bond fans anyway. I hope more people take notice.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Wonderful read, this for Bond fans anyway. I hope more people take notice.

Actually I thought, they would with so many here claiming to be true Bond fans so often ;)
  • A very interesting article...particularly about his passion for photography. I wonder if we will see more of the photos that they mention were taken on the set by various photographers. I really liked that picture of Mendes sitting while the construction of a set is taking place.
    Loved it. Loved the whole background of the Broccoli/Wilson family. Michael and Barbara are such enlightened people. Great to see Michael's passion for photography. Makes me see the Tate Modern in a different kind of way. I want to visit Tate again soon.

Loved this actual Saturday :-). I've been reading so much about Bond this day, both newspapers and internet. But this interview is very nice. By the way, did you catch the last sentence:

“Oh,” he says. “I was cut out. There’s a glimpse of me, but you can’t really see me. So it’s going to be a ‘Where’s Waldo?’ moment on this one.”

Damn....so it'll be very very hard to spot Michael in 'Skyfall'. Let's visit 'Skyfall' even more then ;-).
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thanks for this @GermanLady. It was quite an interesting read. I would love to see all the Bond-related photos he has in his collection.
  • Very nice read. I may be wrong but I think from tomorrow it will only be accessible to those with FT subscriptions so people may want to read it and/or print it.
    Interesting revelation that director Lewis Gilbert was the one who advised Roger Moore to stop trying to imitate Connery, and to just be himself.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think Gilbert worked well with many actors; I remember reading how helpful and encouraging he was to Michael Caine while making Alfie.