Skyfall Classifiction

edited October 2012 in News Posts: 3
Anyone any idea what British Film Board Classification Skyfall is going to be given? My 8 year old lad is beside himself waiting to find out if he can go see it!

Comments

• It was given a provisional 12A certificate.
    I think that was finalized earlier this month though.
  • Really? Tharts great! He will be able to go see it and it means I may ahve to go see it more than once! LOL Thanks very much!
  • I doubt that it would go any higher than 12A. But if for any reason it ends up a 15 you could always take a trip across the channel to France. All Bond films are rated "tous public"...or U rated...even LTK was rated U!...with advise...
  • Thanks guys. He will be over the moon!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The final BBFC rating of 12A should be official next week. Nothing's confirmed yet.
  • Do you think there will be a bond film in the future with anohter 15 rating. Theres only been one, Licence to kill.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    At things stand now, no. Bond will likely always remain 12A. Unless the way of classifiction for films changes.
    12A is a pretty safe bet if you ask me? Anything above that and we would have atleast had a rumour of it surely? Besides? The higher the rating? The more box office you miss out on!
    The only reason I can't wait to see the BBFC rating is to get a confirmation about the runtime.
    The only reason I can't wait to see the BBFC rating is to get a confirmation about the runtime.

I think its safe to say it will be over 2 hours. I am guessing around 2hours 15 mins?
    RogueAgent wrote:

I think its safe to say it will be over 2 hours. I am guessing around 2hours 15 mins?

The rumored runtime is 145 minutes. If it's true than this is the longest James Bond film of all-time.
    By one minute.
    If that is the case? I am very happy with that! :D
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,619
    Samuel001 wrote:
    By one minute.

True, but it would be great if it was longer than CR even if only by a minute. :)
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:
    By one minute.

True, but it would be great if it was longer than CR even if only by a minute. :)

As long as all the time is well spent and it doesn't feel overlong, I'd be more than happy with that runtime too.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,044
    In Sweden, the running time is listed as 142 minutes with a 15 years certification.
  • I'd be really suprised if it was any more or less than a 12.
    In this month's Total Film , Sam Mendes is interviewed and says that SF is nearly as long as OHMSS but not quite. 142 mins sounds quite plausible and a vast improvement on QOS.
    Something near the 2 hour, 20 minute mark then. A good runtime which hopefully is used to the full.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 152
    AMC has the runtime listed as 2 hours 23 minutes - http://www.amctheatres.com/movies/skyfall
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 4,619
    AMC has the runtime listed as 2 hours 23 minutes - http://www.amctheatres.com/movies/skyfall

Skyfall really does seem to be 143 minutes long. If you google "skyfall 143 minutes" you can see many cinemas confirming this lenght.

This makes it the second longest Bond film of all time, and just 1 minute shorter than CR. Why did Sam Mendes say in a recent interview that the film is a little bit shorter than OHMSS?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited October 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Did you see what they did there? 2 hours and 23 minutes.

nice, i'm 18 old, i'll see it proudly.
    Thanks for the update. Odd how Mendes has said one thing, or so we believe, and now we get something else. The BBFC should confirm within days.