Roger Moore talks Bond 50, 007 Legends, and more with IGN

edited September 2012 in Actors Posts: 1,407
Roger Moore sat down with IGN and talked Bond. Always good to see Moore giving interviews still. Always an enjoyable read.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/26/roger-moore-talks-bond-50-blu-ray-007-legends-and-more?abthid=506391e63664108061000053

Comments

• Interesting to see that Moore's favorite Bond villains to work with were Kurt Jurgens and Chris Walken, and no mention of Christopher Lee?

Scaramanga was head and shoulders over Karl Stromberg and Zorin without question, at least in terms of cinematic appeal but it seems Moore favored the other two as working companions

Still think he (Moore) gets unfairly berated by a great many sometimes in his part as James Bond 007. He said he wished he had been featured in Diamonds are Forever. He's not alone in that, or if not him, then someone other than Connery that year
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Really nice interview. Moore in DAF could have work as that movie would seems to fit his type of Bond. The question about Grace Jones was hilarious.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's really gratifying to see Moore getting as involved this year, as he has done. Full credit to him and another great interview.
  • When was that shot taken? He looks fantastic.
    From the man himself!

"IGN: If there were any other James Bond movies that you hadn’t starred in that you would have liked to have starred in, which one perhaps was it?

Moore: Diamonds Are Forever. <b>It shot from a brilliant script.</b>"

You all know it's true!

I'd like to know when that photo was taken too. Rog definitely looks younger without his glasses.

On his web site where he graciously takes the time to answer questions, I asked him if he was scared when he actually did the scene with the glider in "Live And Let Die". I saw on YouTube where he was being trained to fly a glider in that movie. Rog's response to me was: "Scared? Of course not. After all, I was James Bond". LOL. Classy guy. As Lois Maxwell once said, he didn't let Hollywood make him "big-headed".
  • Ellis wrote:
    I'd like to know when that photo was taken too. Rog definitely looks younger without his glasses.

Given the amount of hair that he has in the photo it looks to be quite an old one - the recent photos I've seen of him show that he doesn't have much left up top. Mind you, Moore seems to get some "work done" occasionally so who knows?

• edited September 2012 Posts: 163
    He was my favourite Saint, but not my favourite Bond-which is Connery. But I like him, as he is such a gentleman.
    Sir Roger Moore is a great guy. I remember watching him on The Saint TV series & he was great as James Bond. I also like Sir Roger hepling kids in need with UNICEF organization. All around kind person with a great heart.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sir Roger Moore is a great guy. I remember watching him on The Saint TV series & he was great as James Bond. I also like Sir Roger hepling kids in need with UNICEF organization. All around kind person with a great heart.

Yeah, it seems pretty safe to assume that nobody has ever said, "I don't like Roger Moore as a person."