Christies auction Oct 5th

edited September 2012 in Merchandise Posts: 469
On October 5th Christies has opened the door to (invite only) to selected props from the films. BUT if you have £ or $ burning a hole in your pocket check christies online. I myself will wait for the replica versions !
They will be selling props from Dr No to Skyfall.

Comments

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited September 2012 Posts: 7,973
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Yep, they're cool too. I would pay that much if i had the money ready. but alas, such is not the case..
  • RC7RC7
    Yep, they're cool too. I would pay that much if i had the money ready. but alas, such is not the case..

My problem is, I could, but my girlfriend of 6 years might wonder when a ring will ever surface if I insist on spending all my money on Bond memorabilia.
    That Thunderball poster is being sold for $30,000 on another site!! My advice would be to invest in the 60's Bond posters if your budget can stretch that far. I have plenty of Brosnan original posters but sadly they don't seem to be worth that much. Maybe it has to do with how many were printed and the fact that the 60's ones are iconic?
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2012 Posts: 10,512
    bondsum wrote:
    That Thunderball poster is being sold for $30,000 on another site!! My advice would be to invest in the 60's Bond posters if your budget can stretch that far.

I agree. I've recently started buying original posters and first edition books where I can find them. I haven't got any Connery originals yet as they are upwards of £750 each, I've got a few Moore's that set me back between £200-350 each. There's a YOLT in the cinema store near here for £750. I'd be more tempted to fork out for that than some of the auction goods.

RC7 wrote:
    bondsum wrote:
    That Thunderball poster is being sold for $30,000 on another site!! My advice would be to invest in the 60's Bond posters if your budget can stretch that far.
    I agree. I've recently started buying original posters and first edition books where I can find them. I haven't got any Connery originals yet as they are upwards of £750 each, I've got a few Moore's that set me back between £200-350 each. There's a YOLT in the cinema store near here for £750. I'd be more tempted to fork out for that than some of the auction goods.
    I really wish I could've got my hands on a Connery Bond or a Lazenby but those, as you rightly say, fetch anything above a grand. There's quite a few YOLT posters but the cheapest I've seen is for £704. I guess I'm fortunate to have TSWLM British quad and MR sets, plus LALD lobby cards. I was quite surpised to see FYEO British quad fetching 1k in today's market. I'm certainly not interested in the Christies Auction.

I do find it strange that Craig's posters are actually worth more than Brosnan's. I don't know whether you've noticed that?
    Okay how is the Moonraker shuttle worth less then the cuff links?
  • I
    Virage wrote:

I was thinking the same thing!....
    I would love to have that Octopussy circus sign in my office. :D
  • RC7 wrote:
    bondsum wrote:

I have to ask: how much are first edition books going for? I bought one, not knowing it was a first edition, at a second-hand bookstore for 7 euro's years ago, and have been tempted to sell it since I found out it might be worth a lot :)

It doesn't have a dustcover I'm afraid :(

Wow! There are some very nice lots up for grabs here! I would love to own a few of these items!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Caught the article on Yahoo.com and saw this...interesting...picture:
    2012-09-28T131326Z_2034525845_LM1E89S10DG01_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN.JPG
    :))
    SJK91 wrote:
    Caught the article on Yahoo.com and saw this...interesting...picture:
    2012-09-28T131326Z_2034525845_LM1E89S10DG01_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN.JPG
    :))

This would be a good photo for our caption competitions! =))
  • Virage wrote:

not any moore...the shuttle is now at 40,000 and the cuff links at 18,000.

plus I read today that Barbara Broccoli will be bidding for the swimming shorts...
    Anyone here put a bid in yet on anything? ;) Seeing as Babs is bidding on the shorts? It is a sure bet she will win this lot! :))